Required Files and Folders
- The accessories folder will contain all of our model and texture files used for projectiles and rollers. This folder generally has subfolders to help organize and seperate model files.
- The landscapes folder will contain various landscape files that we create for our mod.
- Files include:
- Definition Files
- Placement Files
- Texture Files
- The lua folder will contain various lua files that we create for our mod. Lua files are for advanced scripters and will not be covered in this guide.
- The meshes folder will contain various NON-WEAPON model and texture files that we create for our mod. Theese are things like trees, ships, bunkers and the like. Usually this folder contains subfolders to help organize and seperate the model files.
- The music folder is where we place our custom music files. Theese files will be used by music.xml and will overide the default scorch theme.
- Supported Music Files:
- OGG Vorbis
- WAVE Audio Files
- The talk folder will contain the Computer players defensive and attack dialogue. Adding the following files will overide the default computer dialogs.
- "talk1.txt" -Attack Dialog
- "talk2.txt" -Death/Defensive Dialog
- The tanks folder contains the model and texture files for the tanks in our mod. This folder usually contains subfolders to help organize the model files. Tanks are added to our mod via "tanks.xml".
- The textures folder contains any textures we will use on the list below. This folder is required to contain subfolders to organize our mod. No model textures are to be placed in this folder, it is reserved specifically for specialty textures.
- Place theese texture files in this folder:
- Landscape Textures
- Weapon Icons
- Explosion Textures
- Shield Textures
- Particle Textures
Note: Some of theese files have to be placed in specific directories for the engine to read them properly. We will discuss the proper directories later in the guide.
- The wav folder will contain all audio used in our mod. Whether you use OGG Vorbis or WAVE Audio Files, this folder will still be required to be named "wav". This folder usually contains subfolders to help organize sound files. Some sounds can only be overriden by placing them in a specific directory with the correct format.
Note: Some of theese files have to be in the correct format and placed in specific directories for the engine to read them properly. We will discuss the proper formats and directories later on in this guide.
- The windows folder will contain our GUI images and alphas, our aiming and rotation textures, our channel buttons and our mod banner.
Note: Some of theese files have to be in a specific format to override the default files. We will discuss the proper formats later on in this guide.