Post subject: Tweet Tweet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 pm 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: Unranked

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 76.6 KiB | Viewed 2585 times ]

Tweet Tweet

I will keep tweeting every day but I do have a question........ "there's that Butt again"
Is it possible to post on a monthly basis the amount of traffic to this site and the number of new users and downloads to find out if we are helping by getting the Scorched 3D name out in different mass media formats? I was thinking about how on facebook they have the ads on the right side, that might help also, personally I have found a lot of things of interest from them, I know I am not the only one or they would not be there!
I dont know if there is a fee involved, but I will look into it, if anyone is against this let me know asap! I will wait a day before doing anything just in case.

Dire*soup*Wolf

Post subject: Re: Tweet Tweet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:39 pm 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: 18

I would imagine awstats is on the server monitoring traffic flows.

In the game for online players... it's possible, I'm sure, just whether the data's being collated like that anywhere or a php/mysql page could easily be written.

And no, I don't have a problem with more players ; )
Scorched3d Live Streams

YouTube

Chopper wrote:
I'm surrounded by all these little peanuts....they all have hatchets....they're chasing me...and then there's this BIG peanut....and he's all purple and green ...he's trying to grab me....AArrYYYHHHGGGGG... [-o<

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 am 
Obliterated

i guess youd like a twitter share count on the site to go with the other two? i dont tweet, or do facespaces etc, but i can add the stuff. we currently have a twitter share count of 94

*ok - ive added a button in a rough way for now just so that it's up there. the alignment's a bit messed up. i'll make some custom share buttons soon as i get chance.

this site gets a lot of hits, i dont doubt. i have a couple of suggestions for an "seo" effort. i probably touched on this in another thread, but i'll add to it. most of our hits will go straight to these community (forum) pages. checking with a special tool, i can see that /phpBB3 has a google page rank of 5, where the others are 4. we might try diverting some of that to /downloads with an extra link, and think about focusing page titles and descriptions a little more.

beyond that, we could easily add a rewrite rule to have /downloads.php go to just /download and make that the new uri to give everyone. it's no trouble to do at my end - id need to clear it with gc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:16 pm 
Desintigrated

nice idea with the tweets. social media is where it's at -- they say. :D

We have OSAS (Online Social Awkwardness Syndrome) which we must cure.
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 am 
Obliterated

Laptops Daddy wrote:
...i'll make some custom share buttons soon as i get chance.

ok, job done. that wasnt easy. basically, i searched the whole internet at least once, and no one anywhere knows how to make custom buttons like that for facebook and +1.

i tried pinching some icons from a website, but they looked a bit rubbish, so i made some new based on the official ones.

let me know if there are any bugs.

Attachment:
social_reflect.png
social_reflect.png [ 19.36 KiB | Viewed 2558 times ]

Attachment:
share_combined_24.png
share_combined_24.png [ 11.08 KiB | Viewed 2558 times ]

Attachment:
social2012.png
social2012.png [ 1.82 KiB | Viewed 2558 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 am 
Singed
Not Signed Up For Stats

When I first started the Twitter account this week, I searched for Scorched 3d and only found 1 result from "Open SUSE packages", so the first day I tweeted to different hashtags within 1 hour I had 1 follower, as of now there are 26, I dont think any are S3D players so that is a good thing.
I have tweeted and started following many game reviewers and some are following back, I do not know if it is a coincidence but the next day after my first posts there was a Scorched 3D review when I searched for Scorched3D! woohoo, I dont know if it was because they saw my Tweets but either way.... right on. now some are starting to follow us! and there are a few more posts under Scorched 3D not from us.
Here is a link to the review. It is a great review, check out the last 2 paragraphs atleast!

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/scorched3d-new.html

I gave it a retweet and got a thank you back from them, I believe this is a step in the right direction, it is'nt the world on a plate but IMO it is a good start

Attachment:
linux.PNG
linux.PNG [ 12.85 KiB | Viewed 2534 times ]

Unfortunately after checking more into the review it came out on 4\11\12
Either way it was a smoking review!

I will share more here in Tweet Tweet as this starts to grow.
THEY TOOK MY INVENTORY!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 am 
Site Admin
Not Signed Up For Stats

Nice :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 am 
Desintigrated

sounds great.
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 am 
Singed
Not Signed Up For Stats

gcamp wrote:
Nice :)

We have gone from 26 to 71 followers overnight!
So if I can get 500 followers by the end of next month without resorting to cheap tactics, being you are from Scotland I think you should have to post a pic of yourself in a Kilt!
Not that you have not given us enough already!
But there is not a Bastage or Bastagette in here who would not want to see it, plus it would be good for the moral of this game and its followers, I know the chances are slim but I hope you will accept my challenge!!!
Hey dont blame me it was the wifes idea!!!! :idea:

OK, if not I lost my S3D# trying to remove stats, I would be happy with that I guess :mrgreen:
If and when you have some spare time, I had a bmp of the # but the CD wont read anymore!

:evil: That*Dire*soup*Wolf*Guy :evil:
THEY TOOK MY INVENTORY!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:57 pm 
Obliterated

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 70.02 KiB | Viewed 2487 times ]

One of our Followers!

Attachment:
win.PNG
win.PNG [ 14.92 KiB | Viewed 2487 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm 
Site Admin
Not Signed Up For Stats

One word : nice :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:57 pm 
Desintigrated

pretty cool.
Chopper:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:59 am 
Obliterated

Attachment:
twitter.PNG
twitter.PNG [ 33.25 KiB | Viewed 2438 times ]

200 followers! Not a lot compared to the likes of Justin Bieber!
But that is a good start. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:54 am 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: 12

so where have all these tweeters and fber'sbeen while we got down to bare bones playin' around here?........fapping?

I know I'm old but I just see drunks and fools getting their butts in trouble with all that sheet.

From pro athletes to congressmen.....they need to learn to keep their twitters to themselves. social......bah....we were social here.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored.... than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:04 am 
Obliterated

Chopper wrote:
so where have all these tweeters and fber'sbeen while we got down to bare bones playin' around here?........fapping?

I know I'm old but I just see drunks and fools getting their butts in trouble with all that sheet.

From pro athletes to congressmen.....they need to learn to keep their twitters to themselves. social......bah....we were social here.

Gee, Thank you for the support!

Yes there are 200 followers, but that does not mean 200 more players, but this is whether you want to believe it or not a good way to get the name out there for people who have never played, or have played and might be tempted back, it has been maybe a month since I started and there are 200 people interested, alot of them asking for info on the game, videos, reviews and such info, getting the word out and drawing new players is not going to happen overnight but it is better than doing nothing.
As far as pro athletes and congress men.... that may be what you are interested in but I do not follow that crowd, nor them us, I focus on the gaming community as far as many many game reviewers and other game makers and even gaming magazines.
I never promised you a rose garden but roses do not become roses overnight either, that made sense to me :roll: but it seems that this would be more beneficial then harmful, instead of bawking have you even looked at either the FB or Twitter S3D pages? before making judgement you might want to take a look, not everyone uses FaceBook and Twitter for the purposes you might think. see ya in the servers :twisted: