panthermod tank models request

Post subject: panthermod tank models request
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:06 am 
Reduced to ashes

Current Scorched3D Rank: Unranked

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of the modelers want to make some tanks based on the characers from the pink panther cartoon?

I'm sure pictures can be found online of the various characters from the cartoon..

Since the mods have the ability to have their own set of tanks now, I thought it might be the best time to ask about making these tanks for use in panthermod.
the true mark of a skilled player is the ability to adapt. If a player cannot adapt, then maybe that player wasn't all that skilled to begin with...
---Ebonite

You either grin and bear it, or go home. Deathbal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:38 am 
Desintigrated

I'm pretty sure there are many people that play this game that have not even seen a pink panther cartoon before.

I have seen than but not in a long while.
Beware the VOID

When in doubt on why your mod broke...
it's all Bobirov's fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 am 
Crispy

Current Scorched3D Rank: N/A

This will help.http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/jokebox/jibjab/id/347241/jokeid/90188
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9VDuA9j0DA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCZklzstK1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BXmdA6OoKc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:43 am 
Singed
Not Signed Up For Stats

of course whoever does this request also has to do my AoM-styled mod.

______

I Smell Lovely! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:24 pm 
Charred

formoderrors wrote:
of course whoever does this request also has to do my AoM-styled mod.

I do hope you understand how long it takes to make a mod. I'm talking about serious amounts of hours. I am still figuring things out and I have at least 80 hours in the mod I'm working on. At _least_ 80 hours hehe. If you were to do alot of the initial design work you might have a better chance of finding someone to help.

I would start a collection of pictures and ideas and realy specific things youd like to see in the mod your thinking of. If you have any experience modeling low-poly 3d models you could start with that too. Thinking that someone will do all that work and make a mod that (so far at least) I havn't seen anyone get realy excited about. Well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

If its a mod you realy want to see made, seriously think about trying to do it yourself. Youll be suprised how much help you will get if you just suck it up, start staring at some xml, and figure out which parts of the mod your able to do yourself. Its not realy hard, but it does take a big chunk of time and motivation.

I personaly use wings3d to model in, export to .obj, open it in milkshape and do texturing. Milkshape or blender are good programs to learn with mainly due to the price (little or none). The acual xml files can be edited with any text editor, I use edit.com in a command prompt.

A nearly complete mod making wiki has been put together. Without it I personaly would have never gotten as far as I have. I have it open constantly while I"m working on things and refer to it nonstop. Here is a link to get you started there:

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index. ... D_modeling

Take some time to look through that, if for no other reason then to understand what a huge request you have made.

If you need specific help let myself or anyone know what your trying to do and I promise you will figure out how to do it, or at least learn something neat in the process. Good luck btw!

Oh, and on topic. I will try to find some pics of the other pink panther charecters online. I have a realy slow connection so video isn't going to help me. Do you have specific charecters you want , or do you just want models from the show in general?
-inductive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:32 am 
Reduced to ashes

I suppose I wanted the inspector and his sidekick (frank, otherwise known as Sergeant Deux-deux) and the aardvark and the ant. I cant think of any or the other characters right off hand.

I found some pics here
http://www.kevinmccorrytv.com/panther.html

heh I forgot how funny the mad scientist episode was (the inspector doesnt realize that his sidekick has gone jekyll / hyde and gets horribly mangled by the transforming sergeant Deux-deux)
the true mark of a skilled player is the ability to adapt. If a player cannot adapt, then maybe that player wasn't all that skilled to begin with...
---Ebonite

Last edited by Panther30 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 am 
Desintigrated

Location: _____________________________ Current Scorched3d Rank: 1 _____________________________ *clink*
Was just looking at The Inspector. If I get some free time this week I may give it a go. ;)
To be honest, I don't fully understand that page, but it sounds like it provides the answers you need. - Deathstryker

She doesn't stimulate me mentally or physically... I need at least one of those - Anonymous

Who wrote this crap? - G. Camp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:26 am 
Singed
Not Signed Up For Stats

cbx550f, that means you HAVE to do my mod for this with AoM-style tanks(you must NOT forget any.)

______

I Smell Lovely! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 pm 
Desintigrated

Location: _____________________________ Current Scorched3d Rank: 1 _____________________________ *clink*
I do not respond really well to being ordered about.

Plus, I am not familiar with AoM or whatever you were talking about. I'd like to do a Panther character because I think it would be FUN.
To be honest, I don't fully understand that page, but it sounds like it provides the answers you need. - Deathstryker

She doesn't stimulate me mentally or physically... I need at least one of those - Anonymous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:18 pm 
Reduced to ashes

formoderross,

do me a favor and please stop hijacking my thread please.

thank you

---Panther30
---Ebonite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:10 am 
Charred

The little guy with squinty eyes and a blue cape/hat. Thats the inspectors sidekick right? Anyway, working on a him tank, will post it when i'm done (gimme another hour or so). CBX, you working on an inspector?
-inductive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:15 am 
Reduced to ashes

yep tha little guy in the blue cape and hat is the sidekick seargeant deux-deux.
---Ebonite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:22 am 
Charred

Missing a hand and a gun of some sort. Anything in particular you want him to be holding? If not I will try some generic cartoon type gun or maybe space blaster or something (i think i have a space blaster that might work acualy).

Oh well, I still suck at texturing.

1428 triangles so far, thats not bad right?

Attachments:
File comment: this is the sidekick right?
sidekick_test1.jpg
sidekick_test1.jpg [ 119.85 KiB | Viewed 1967 times ]
-inductive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:54 am 
Reduced to ashes

InductiveOne wrote:
Missing a hand and a gun of some sort. Anything in particular you want him to be holding? If not I will try some generic cartoon type gun or maybe space blaster or something (i think i have a space blaster that might work acualy).

Oh well, I still suck at texturing.

1428 triangles so far, thats not bad right?

that looks great!

cartoon pistol will work fine. I think that is what he shot the inspector with when he was that monster.
---Ebonite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:01 am 
Desintigrated

That's awesome, Indy!

I'm working a bit on The Inspector as we speak - I'll let you know how I make out (I likely won't get back to it for many days if I don't come up with something tonight)

Cheers

cbx