Server Admin Nominations

Post subject: Server Admin Nominations
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm 
Site Admin
Not Signed Up For Stats

Ok, this will be the official thread for people nominating themselves (or others) to be online game server admins for the "official" game servers. I'd expect the people that have been nominated to be fairly active on the game servers.

Once we have a list of people they will be put through a suitability screen (as yet to be decided but probably involving votes) before being assigned.

This process isn't (and shouldn't be used as) a witch hunt or blame game for the current admins who are doing a great job. The current admin list is getting too long and out dated and it's about time we tidied it. (Current admins please nominate yourselves if you are happy to continue).

Post subject: Re: Server Admin Nominations
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:06 pm 
Burned to a crisp

Current Scorched3D Rank: Unranked

I would like to continue as an admin, if there are objections to it I would of course accept it and enjoy the game just as much.

Just like Viking mentioned, I would welcome a clean up in the posts of this heated and ugly exchange of views.

Loke
Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:28 pm 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: 24

I'd like to continue .....and also would like to nominate Pastor of Muppets....his schedule seems to place him here during the day US times....plus we need him back.

edited_for what i needed to finish saying
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored.... than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain

Last edited by Chopper on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 pm 
Obliterated

I would like to continue 2 and also will happy to see PoM in the admins crew again.
Buy parachutes first!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:25 am 
Obliterated

I would like to nominate pom also and thrax.

Kanga
[AWE Development Tracker]
[AWE Companion Guide]
[AWE Home & News]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:21 pm 
Reduced to ashes

I woulld like to see Vike come back but that is up to him.
Not an addict just can't stop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:55 pm 
Burned to a crisp

pastor of muppets wrote:
I woulld like to see Vike come back but that is up to him.

Agreed
Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 pm 
Reduced to ashes

Server Admin Nominations from me: (Present active taken into consideration + Caring for this game and community->(Noticed by myself over a period of time)
Laptops Daddy, Thrax, Chopper, Apache, Boy, Pastor Of Muppets, Deathbal, Irish Bandit, Loke, Kanga-
(Also-Gavin and maybe 1 other member should be the only people allowed to change any settings In-Game.
*For the sake of accountability*)

*Since this is primarily an aim to cover/patrol the servers & keep game play sane and fun/honest;I nominate all of the above to promote sane/fun game play protection on the servers.

I would feel comfortable playing on the servers with any of the above mentioned members having the power to rectify/address any needs or problems encountered during game play.

~I appreciate the request of me being an Admin. ~Thank You~ -I have to say no at this time-
I am still who I am & I will promote this game in a more quieter way now-If no Admin is in a server when I play & someone starts trouble and makes game play
unbearable for all, I will use the basic load of weapons to make them realize the errors of their ways :wink: -I would report problems to the Admins-*I am fortunate in never having to use the Admin Power in-game. (A login usually sufficed)*
/Viking62
"Lead;Follow;or get out of the way"
~Do Not Tread On Me;I may Tread Back~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 pm 
Site Admin
Not Signed Up For Stats

Great, some very welcome feedback from all. :)

*edit* Going to be quite busy this weekend so I'll be a little less active, but don't worry I've not lost my motivation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm 
Reduced to ashes

I hope this does not confuse things but I would like to make a suggestion.

I would like to keep Mandy and BigBear on as admins or advisors. These are two exceptional contributors to the game who should IMO have access to the admin forums no matter what their status is as palyers.

These two people have always been level headed and have given excellent advice to me and others over the years. They have taught and loved this game for what it is and what it could be.

Just my opinion.

I would also like to nominate Kangabunny at this point in time. Although I don't believe he would accept the nomination.
Not an addict just can't stop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:21 pm 
Obliterated

Thanks PoM, I havent decided yet. I will be pretty busy, college starts in a few days.But then again I have access to the forums quite regularly, and it wouldnt be a big deal, since very little moderating is ever required here, besides the occasional spam bot or troller. How often do admins meet?

If that question could be answered, I can make my descision relatively quickly.

Kanga
[AWE Development Tracker]
[AWE Companion Guide]
[AWE Home & News]

Last edited by ArmorWraith on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm 
Obliterated

That would be a good idea KB.....its sometimes frustrating to try to have converstaions stretched out over time with pms and forum posts....besides sometimes us old people have a thought and *poof* its gone.... #-o .

Far as I know we've never had a "meeting".....onlt thread "discussions".

oh and I'm like Vike.....I've not had to edit,delete or modify forum post...(or if I have, dang if I can remember doing it).
I tried to leave that to folks like Apache and Big Bear.

I always felt my role was more "in game" and I had to log in a few times over the last year and a half....but never kicked or banned anything except a dudes gf who got stuck trying to log in to main. I HAVE had to speak to a few crazies (some Italian guys a while back) and calm them down alittle...but all ended ok.

Anyways, we have a basic good group of players and the place is a reflection of that i think. Now if we could only find the Peanut Man.....he could probably use a good *slap* :mrgreen:
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored.... than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 pm 
Obliterated

I would like mention ppl that I'd like to see in the new admins crew: Loke, Chopper, Vike, Pom of course, HWB, Mandy (if she is able to comeback..), Naka, Boy, BB.
I 2 think KB can be admin (if he wish).
One last thing: The one person that mostly ruins the communication between the players and the admins (and ruins the forum) and only make things worse--Rommel--shouls not be in the crew. Gaving I think you got many pms and read many posts about that.
Buy parachutes first!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 pm 
Burned to a crisp

Current Scorched3D Rank: N/A

And how is this rommel-bash-fest being helpful?

There seem to be a certain blindness to whats wrong around here. This is about nominating decent people who are willing to do what is neccesary to improve this game.

If that means that the personal attacks coming from the people who run this game have to stop they will have to stop.

Gavin started a process for Rationalising the Admins. You are the admins, rationalising means not keep doing the same old stuff thats problematic.Its not ment to get rid of anyone its to re-validate the admin group.

Do you not comprehend or do you disagree that this is whats needed?

Or are you all just waiting for this to blow over? I dont think that would be acceptable. Take your responsibility seriously.
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.-Oscar Wilde

A true friend stabs you in the front.-Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:57 am 
Obliterated

edited by me- PoM's very correct- apologies to Bazz and others for derailing things.

I flushed this.

Last edited by Chopper on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.