When will the Iran war begin? VOTE NOW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Iran war begins ........
Dec 21, 2012 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Spring 2010 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Right before hotly contested Congressional elections in the USA 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Immediately after a large scale terrorist attack in Isreal, Britain, or the US prior to fall of 2012. 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
At the same time as a complete and utter collapse of world stock markets in late 2011. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vote in protest of war 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
The war will not take place/or indifferent 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: When will the Iran war begin? VOTE NOW.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:51 am 
Desintigrated

Current Scorched3D Rank: Unranked

For purposes of this poll, the war begins when the first US/NATO missle lands on Iranian soil. Only after that can the middle east war of all wars begin and the Hegemony be established in Babylon :)

The war mongering is even being fed by Obama these days. What else do we need 40,000 ADDITIONAL troops to go to Afganistan for? Killing goats?

30 day poll, you may change your votes.
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

Last edited by BOY on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: When will the Iran war begin? VOTE NOW.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 am 
Desintigrated

Location: At my home in Herrlingen, Germany. Recovering from another assassination attempt.
There are many other options available that I might favor over these.
One of the most likely at the moment seems to be this :

When Israel flys over Iraq, against our directives and bombs Iran.

If we do nothing we have condoned the vilolation of the air space we claim to protect and allowed the attack. We have become involved. If we keep an eye on Israel, easy enough to do, and shoot down any planes that vilolate Iraqi air space, we will still be involved in a very messy situation.

Let us all hope that cooler heads prevail and that there will be no war at all.

Just for giggles and to spur on the voting, assume that Iran has secretely purchased several nuclear warheads or bombs. Since we are only imagining, we may as well imagine that they purchased some very sophisticated and high yield devices. Oh yeah, while I'm at in, please keep in mind that they actually do have some rather sophisticated anti-ship weapons. One being the super high speed torpedo that no ship can effectively evade. Another being remotely controlled anti-ship mines.

Lest anyone should not understand the geographic significance of the anti-ship weapons, use Google Earth and try to find a strategic location for their use.

"Shall we play a game Professor?"
Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain
always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. - Thomas Jefferson

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play
than in a year of conversation. - Plato

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 pm 
Charred
Not Signed Up For Stats

I watched 'Team America' recently. It was only after I watched the credits I realised that it was'nt a documentary on US foreign policy? :wink:

Only joking you fellows of the 'Special relationship' :lol:

'I've always admired the American airforce, they were the only ones to ever shoot me down'...........RAF Flight Lieutenant Raymond Baxter OBE. (sorry could'nt resist that either). :)
REMEMBER: 50% of your friends are of below average intelligence.

'Decisions! And a general, a commander in chief who has not got the quality of decision, then he is no good'.........General Bernard Law Montgomery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm 
Desintigrated

Rom

true, Isreal is more likely to start it off, however, my point is an Iran/US war - a GROUND war following air strikes. Isreal could hit them and we may do nothing, in which case there will be no wa, just a regional muckety muck and Hezbollah pop guns.
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 am 
Desintigrated

Location: At my home in Herrlingen, Germany. Recovering from another assassination attempt.
Hi Everyone :

This is a long post but what I think needs to be said about waging a war with Iran or allowing a war to be started, can not be said in a very few words and can not be appreciated without first causing you some discomfort.

I'm going to go out on a long thin limb here and ask that before any of you read my actual post, that you will first try take yourselves out of your atificially created comfort zones for a few minutes and join the world of pain and suffering. If you can indulge me for a few paragraphs, I will attempt to help you on your journey.

Imagine yourself living in the city of Bagdad, Iraq just before the start of Operation Desert Storm.

You are the eldest child, a son, ten years of age. Your family is happy, well fed and lives in a nice home. Your father has a good job, your mother takes care of the home and the children. You are being educated in a school with Western teachers. Much is expected of you, both now and in the future.

You are smart, strong and healty. You can run like the wind. You are eagar to do your part, you make your parents very proud. Your mother affectionately calls you her little man and brags about you to the neighbors. "We have truely been blessed to have such a fine son." Your siblings show you great respect. You strive to be the best you can be.

You know nothing of western politics, it is not your concern. Then you hear the beating of the war drums. There is much confusion in the school. The teachers keep looking out the windows. Then a few days later, they stop coming, you try to study at home. What is happening? Why is everyone so fearful?

Then the bombing begins.

During the initial raids, your father is injured and although he would have lived under normal circumstances, in a war zone, without proper care, even small injuries can become life threatening. Your father dies a slow and painful death at home and there is nothing that you or your mother can do to save him. You feel much shame even though your father tells you many times it is not your fault. Just before he dies, he tells you, "You are the man of the house now. Whatever is to become of your mother and your brothers and sisters is in your hands. Do what you must to protect and provide for them."

You join a gang with the other local boys to protect your familes from the looting. You have lost the guidence you trusted and are forced to trust the guidence you find. Your country, your family and your future are in ruins. You must be strong, you must be a man. You are only ten years old.

In a later raid, your mother and all of you brothers and sisters are killed by an American Smart Bomb. You learn later that it was intentionally fired directly into their air raid shelter. The Americans showed it many times on CNN and took great glee in the accuracy of this weapon. It was a direct hit.

But that was many years ago and now you are a young man. An angry man young man with a belly full of shame and hatred that has burned it's way into your soul.

If you have managed to read to this point, you should be prepared for the post. Congratulations. If I caused you to shed a tear or two, I make no apology. Thousands upon thousands of tears, both ours and theirs have been shed since our unlawful and unprovoked invasion of Iraq.

There are many in the Arab nations that feel that Israel is nothing but a puppet state operated by the U.S.A. and the Brittish Empire. The eventual goal being to take control of the entire Middle East. Their histories present them with more than a few compelling reasons to make this assumption. Perhaps they are correct, perhaps not. The truth is of little importance as long as they belive they are correct.

If we allow an attack to be carried out by Israel, we will be seen as the agressor. I suspect that if that happens, the Saudi Arabian people will either overthrow their rulers and join the war or their rulers will capitulate on their ideas about being friends with the U.S.A. The most likely appears to be an overthrow of the Royal Family. Just as the people in the U.S.A., the people of many countries have grown tired of supporting leaders that grow fat by selling out the people and their beliefs. They have taken about all they can stand. All they need is a cause.

If our government can be trusted (funny stuff, eh) then it wasn't the Iraqis, the Iranians, the Syrians or the Libyons that planned and carried out the 9-11 attacks. Instead, it was a handful of motivated Saudis with no outside help or inside assitance. If this is really true, then actively attemting to inflame the entire Arab Nation seems to be too stupid to comprehend, even for Bush.

Dick Cheny thinks we need more deadly attacks on our soil. Not to wake up those that allow OUR government to run wild and do whatever it chooses anywhere in the world but instead to scare us into doing whatever Dick Cheny thinks we should do.

To semi-quote Pogo, "We have met the terrorists and they are U.S."

I do not get terrified when I see a commercial aircraft overhead and I suspect that very few Americans do. On the other hand, it seems doubtfull that the Iraqi's are anything but terrified when we come rolling through their land in heavily armed vehicles.

The best protection against getting punched in the nose is to keep your nose out of other peoples affairs. Being a bully that preys on the weak can be very profitable but only to a point. Eventually, there comes a point when the bully is attacked in mass.

We are nearing that point.

"Be careful with your wishes, lest one of them be granted." - Unknown

Sincerely Yours,

Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 am 
Obliterated

very sad situation.

i started writing a post for this thread yesterday, but was in two minds and ended up not bothering.

i dont want to taint your message, rommel. its hard to follow that.

i'll post anyway:

id like to think the usa and britain might have learned their lesson after iraq (and perhaps in light of the recession). im still waiting to see bush and blair held accountable.

i did want to say, i think theres a big difference between having a couple of nukes and having a sustainable competitive arsenal.

i'd wager that anyone with enough money and influence could get hold of a couple of kg of enriched uranium or whatever it takes. a tempting enough bribe to the right emmet brown and youre probably good.

nukes etc hardly seem very efficient, though. nuclear weapons are just a badge. any developed economy could be far more easily hurt by damage to data centres, or by restricting oil/petrol supplies. the more developed countries are very sensitive, completely dependent on the advanced technology and fragile economies that separate them. (id include israel and iran in that. both countries are a long way from e.g. afghanistan, from what i know)

ps:
this reminds me of a thread from a couple of years ago where i said something similar. i won't link you, for risk of shame (hate reading old posts sometimes).

in my defence, im a bit of an idiot. (is that a defence?)

if its good enough for bush and the US, its good enough for me : )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 am 
Desintigrated

Ohhhh I see, trying to make me do a little research eh?

Laptops Daddy wrote:
<snipped>
ps:
this reminds me of a thread from a couple of years ago where i said something similar. i won't link you, for risk of shame (hate reading old posts sometimes).

in my defence, im a bit of an idiot. (is that a defence?)

if its good enough for bush and the US, its good enough for me : )

In any event you have spiked my interest and I promise to find the post soon.
Perhaps I have overlooked it. I have scanned your posts back to this one :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4999

A search string would be helpful if you can think of a few good terms.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 am 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: 13

OMG, I can't believe that thread of Vikings for his PC is nearly 2 years old.
Time really does fly as you get older.
Gotta be nice to be as old as Laptop. A bad day is over in 2 hours and a bad week 15 hours :D
hehehe, I'm such a bastage!
Scorched3d Live Streams

YouTube

Chopper wrote:
I'm surrounded by all these little peanuts....they all have hatchets....they're chasing me...and then there's this BIG peanut....and he's all purple and green ...he's trying to grab me....AArrYYYHHHGGGGG... [-o<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 am 
Obliterated

Current Scorched3D Rank: 13

An ontopic post:

I don't think we'll go there in under 2 years as we need to get our troops out of Afgan and Iraq, increase trained troop numbers and re-stock our equipment.

I hope it doesn't happen. I THINK that they'll have a civil war first and the concequence of that will keep us out for a fair while to let them find their feet and see if they're still a threat.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong as I've an Iranian friend who still has plenty of family over there. Makes a BIG difference when you know people directly effected by our foreign wars.
Scorched3d Live Streams

YouTube

Chopper wrote:
I'm surrounded by all these little peanuts....they all have hatchets....they're chasing me...and then there's this BIG peanut....and he's all purple and green ...he's trying to grab me....AArrYYYHHHGGGGG... [-o<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm 
Obliterated

Rommel wrote:
A search string would be helpful if you can think of a few good terms.

try "piss on the wrong power pylon"

dont ask why theres an edit in august 09. i needed to make a change. you know how it is when things stick in your head
(like distended tormenting leeches, draining your aspirations with their undue weight). damn. think its a cry for help? : )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:57 am 
Desintigrated

If you have children, then perhaps you can imagine the joy one of your children might exhibit if they thought that they had done something great. Not something fun but something REALLY GREAT, something important.

Marwa Qusim, at the age of 13 sent a letter to the American students seeking peace. She was going to make new friends. She was going to help prevent the war.

She must have been very excited as she waited on the letters she expected to receive from her new American friends.

Attachment:
ArtChildsLetter.jpg
ArtChildsLetter.jpg [ 38.62 KiB | Viewed 3096 times ]

Surely if she were still alive, someone would have done a follow up story on her, she would have a FaceBook page or something.

There is nothing else that I can find.

War Without Tears

Edited to make the photo fit the fit the page.

Last edited by Rommel on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:37 pm 
Burned to a crisp

Why look forward to a war? I hope it (Iran war) never happens. I cannot post a vote..hehe, I would have to say none of the above answers.
Patience, Perseverance and Belief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 pm 
Desintigrated

Raden wrote:
Why look forward to a war? I hope it (Iran war) never happens. I cannot post a vote..hehe, I would have to say none of the above answers.

You make it sound as if the war is what we want, that is far from the case. In my opinion, the war is just like the stock market. Powerful people will make the call, we simply need to be prepared for it.

Whether it is war or health care, we are going to get what they have coming to us.
Chopper:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:54 am 
Burned to a crisp

Powerful people who are made to be powerful by ordinary people.
By making light of the matter, it is almost equivalent to accepting that a war is inevitable and acceptable. Having a poll on whether there should be a war or not would make more sense.
Patience, Perseverance and Belief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:08 pm 
Desintigrated

Raden wrote:
Powerful people who are made to be powerful by ordinary people.
By making light of the matter, it is almost equivalent to accepting that a war is inevitable and acceptable. Having a poll on whether there should be a war or not would make more sense.

This is not quite correct. I already explained the ordinary people don't want war, they just want safety. The ordinary people are just like sheep. Afraid. They are manipulated and they only BELIEVE they have any power. The ordinary people have no power. They are no better than a mob. Even when they try to steer the ship in the right direction there is no one to do it.

The people elect someone who is, essentially a double agent. The agent sells the contry to someone else, uses his poewer to give away sovereignty to say... The UN. The UN then uses this guise to control world affairs.

The greatest evil we face now is that the World Bank will take control of sovereign currencies. The EU has already made many sovereign nations almost irrelevant. Not long before entire continents are the same.

President of Iran is a puppet, Obama is a Puppet, everything is a distraction. The real goal is to take everything we own away. War is a tool to achieve that, pass more taxes, increase unemployment. Make Governments more powerful.

The people that die are just unfortunate accidents to them. Cynical, but true. The only thing we can do is simply not fight. THat is the only way out.

The propaganda goes too far back and the lies are too complicated to cover in detail I'm afraid. There are just too many topics. Sigh.

Quote:
2and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and there was given to him a crown, and he went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.

3And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, `Come and behold!'

4and there went forth another horse -- red, and to him who is sitting upon it, there was given to him to take the peace from the land, and that one another they may slay, and there was given to him a great sword.

5And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, `Come and behold!' and I saw, and lo, a black horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a balance in his hand,

6and I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, `A measure of wheat for a denary, and three measures of barley for a denary,' and `The oil and the wine thou mayest not injure.'
Chopper:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next