Forum Replies Created
Ah yes sarcasm is a bit tricky when written. This is one time I am happy to have made a mistake about the seriousness though. 😉
4) Veterans would make up a mathematical equation of 50% of the vote for president & the Senate. (In the end–these are the citizens who deserve to be heard).
I am proud to be an American–We all pave our own way in life, some through hard work,some through words,some through doing nothing at all–We need solutions as one nation……not through the stripping away of the rights of others!!
How is substituting one elite for another (scholars/veterans) an improvement to the suggestion? How can one group be more deserving to be heard in a democracy? You are like one step away from copying the movie Starship Troopers where only veterans can become citizens. No offense, I just strongly disagree.
What a shocker, my score came out as a liberal. By swedish standards I am more of a conservative, but then our political landscape is entirely different. A large portion of the people in my country would probably come out as left wing extremists if they did an american political affiliation test. At the same time they would be considered more like slightly left of the center by our standards.
Being from a country that has government funded higher education I think it’s a good system that is an example of tax money well spent.
As for the rest of it (specifically the latter posts), to me it looks an awful lot like …
“A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion. – Robert O. Paxton, The Anatomy of Fascism”
*** Topic locked ***
As the private forums are currently unavailable this matter cannot be resolved for the time being. Now I don’t remember it like Romm says and until the relevant information is available this matter will be put on hold.
And no matter what Bush did or continues to do, it will never get me to vote for a Marxist, which I believe Obama to be.
If you don’t really know what Marxism is then that is hilarious. If you do it’s kinda petty and sad.
He means yes, ‘current rank’ is for the ‘main’ server.
Yeah that would be correct.
Gotta bare with the Bear, he’s Swedish ya know 🙂
Geez it would take a brit to find an archaic past tense form of the word bear and then use it incorrectly in a sentence!!! Thanks a bunch PR for making me use a dictionary to decypher your ramblings. 😉 😛
1. How do you all get those niffty avatars to show up in game and on the stats page? I read in the docs that you need to put it in when you first join. Did I miss my window and stuck with the shadow image?
Make a 32 by 32 pixels .png avatar and put it in the Scorched3D/data/avatars folder. When you join a game on a server, when you get to the name/tank selection “screen” you just click on your avatar and select one from the drop down list.
2. When I log in to the forum, my profile says not signed up for stats. I’m not any good but I am starting to look at them and would like to sign up. I copied that id tag thing into my profile a couple of days ago but it still shows up the same. Does that stat thing only apply to the main competition server?
To get the current rank listed you need to put your ID from your ids.xml file (in the Documents and Settings/.scorched3d folder under Windows) in your forum profile.
It all depends on the prism you look through doesn’t it.
I found your post to be a mixed bag of sense and nonsense, but the qouted text above could not ring more true. That is the reason the people of this world will never get along. Never have, never will. I guess I should just be happy that I live in a country that noone bigger and stronger seems to wanna stomp on currently for whatever reason.October 7, 2008 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Wanted to know what other games you guys play besides S3D #53728
AE never ends, it just goes on and on and on….. till you get bored.
Which is why it does not appeal to me … at all! Scorched is really an anomaly for me when I think about it. Usually I tend to go for single player rpg’s or strategy games. Scorched (and spring to and from) are the only online games I ever spent longer than a few hours with.
A casual search should reveal the fact that after being kicked out of Iraq several years ago by President Hussein, big oil is once again back in business in Iraq. This was one of the primary objectives.
Without going into what I think about it, that is the only reason that makes any sense.October 7, 2008 at 4:09 pm in reply to: Wanted to know what other games you guys play besides S3D #53726
All games end when you stop playing them.
As much as those kind of remarks annoy/amuse (hard to tell but I’d say both) me they act as a good reminder that you can never be too careful when choosing your words. Winning condition then, I want a winning condition dammit!!! 😉 😛October 6, 2008 at 11:54 pm in reply to: Wanted to know what other games you guys play besides S3D #53724
As opposed to many a scorcher I won’t touch AE with a six feet pole. I loath MMO’s no matter what the setting is. If a game doesn’t have an ending it’s not for me.
Since my computer suxx and I’m not really in the position to get a new one atm I have to scavenge for older games to put it simply. Currently Rome: Total War is occupying most of my gaming time.
Welcome to the game Jaster. Always good to add another ‘ol 90ies scorcher (man that brings me back) to the ranks.
In response to (some of) your questions:
1. Something like that, although I don’t really know and never bothered to find out. I have never even tried the old sight.
2. Stats are specific to the server you are playing on. Stats are recorded continuosly, so don’t worry about leaving a game. Currently rank is decided by total number of kills.
3. Looking at the server rules pretty much says it all. Main and Beginners are FFA and rules need to be approved by ALL players. The only thing that you might wanna consider is that if ppl that wanna play rules games ask you just say no if you don’t feel like it. Allthough it might not be against the rules, keeping quiet to get an edge for the next round or whatever is a good way to piss ppl off.
Each SK shoudl be deducted from the number of total kills.
Considering how often a self kill is due to someone else dying funky style I’d say (in fact I already did earlier in this thread) that the connection to skill is questionable at best.
As for the rest of what you said in that post I agree.