This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xtc 9 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

Just tried to run game with higher resolution, it looks better but zooming speed is too slow, I can’t play like this. Is there a way to increase zooming speed?

Irishbandit
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

Just tried to run game with higher resolution, it looks better but zooming speed is too slow, I can’t play like this. Is there a way to increase zooming speed?

Turn the resolution down. Or turn other features off.

xtc
    Participant

Heh thats the point of question. I want to have higher zooming speed with better resolution. Simplistic water is used and FPS are ok.

Thrax
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

Heh thats the point of question. I want to have higher zooming speed with better resolution. Simplistic water is used and FPS are ok.

also consider trying the Misc check-box for {Don’t Use Detailed Textures}.

it doesn’t cripple overall quality. It reduces the details of the landscape
    textures in close-view, allowing you to look around a bit easier and still
    see the action.

xtc
    Participant

I tried even with all lowest settings, that doesnt make any difference.
    Problem is I think its like when you scroll someting like document or web page – have bigger window then it scrolls slower, smaller – faster…

Stil8
    Participant

Mouse, or Touchpad? ’cause when I use a touchpad with Scorched3D and try to scroll, the cursor sometimes freezes up and I must wait 10-20 seconds for it to unfreeze. Anyways, also, try going to your mouse settings and set up faster scrolling speeds.

Or reinstall your mouse/touchpad drivers.

xtc
    Participant

Its mouse, but nope, increasing scrolling speed in settings changes nothing.

Stil8
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

I tried even with all lowest settings, that doesnt make any difference.
    Problem is I think its like when you scroll someting like document or web page – have bigger window then it scrolls slower, smaller – faster…

Technically, it should scroll the same speed, but it would take it longer to reach the end of a bigger page.

So, is Scorched3D the only time where this happens, or is it global (every program). Because if it is global, then it is most likely a mouse-to-computer connection problem. If it is ONLY Scorched, then it must be that the mouse has a conflict with scorched and I have currently little idea why.

Try reinstalling the drivers, might work. Don’t do it, if it is going to be a burden for you to reboot the computer with only the keyboard 😛 .

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i dont know much about mice, but it might be that scroll speed settings wont work if u have it set to ‘hardware’. (could be wrong).

try a different mouse? otherwise, can u get used to zooming some other way? (e.g. with both buttons, or maybe with the numeric keypad)

parasti
    Participant

Could also be poor graphics hardware that can’t keep up drawing frames.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I too find the scroll speed too low with a high resolution.

Seems the scrolling is kinna per pixel rather than relative area.
    The higher the resolution, the slower the scrolling appears.
    A scroll speed adjuster would be very useful in the settings for this

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Can you explain high resolution? Do you meen a high screen resolution or screen/window size.

How are you zooming wheel/buttons/keys?

xtc
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Can you explain high resolution? Do you meen a high screen resolution or screen/window size.

How are you zooming wheel/buttons/keys?

For me, 800×600 is already high… 😯 I use 640×480 currently.
    It is about window size, but, I tried full-screen as well and didnt see any difference (it is the same slower with higher).

I use wheel (rotating), but other methods – keys, pressing wheel seem to give no different speed.

I think the idea is as Peanuts said
    @Pea wrote:

Seems the scrolling is kinna per pixel rather than relative area.
    The higher the resolution, the slower the scrolling appears.
    A scroll speed adjuster would be very useful in the settings for this

It would be nice to have a custom setting allowing to change actual zooming reaction instead of current predetermined IMO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.