This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

SPYRER
    Participant

There are enough screenshots that my wife or I have taken off his taunts. I will name them those to be kind. Any references to someones sexual practice or equipment, church of choice or birth, or claiming to have a hack to see what others are buying is way over the top.

Should this game get an adult rating like Grand Theft Auto?

It should not have to

Panther30
    Participant

Most of us are adults here. We are big enough to take a few taunts and what not. If you can’t then go hide in a corner….

Please remember This is just a GAME! Stop making the issues larger than they are.

apache64d
    Participant

Ok, panther, but this game has kids in it too…
    This info might be related to the poll:
    AT used the banned acount of”Sister Wendy” again..
    He also known as “Jackie”.

Panther30
    Participant

yeah I know, there are kids here too, but mostly I am talking to he adults who can’t seem to take what apollo does in game.
    I am aware of the possible other account apollo used today too. “Ishalla” or something.

apache64d
    Participant

yes, that name too.

sleestak
    Participant

I know I’ve already posted that Apollo should be dismissed with prejudice, but… hey, this is a war game. I can accept a foul mouth. In fact, a certain amount of trash talking is good strategy if you can manipulate one player into attacking another. I have far greater issues with how some of the pro users truce with each other instead of making a fair and straight go of it. So, let Apollo be Apollo (whatever that is) and grow a thick skin.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/d061.htm

badshot
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

badshot u can ask these players what Apollo did to them: Irishbandit, Mandy, Kid caos, Kraftwerk, DireWolf, Willis, apache64d, Boy, Ebonite, Sondra, Wowbagger, Cbx, Critty Critter, even hippo, Spyrer, DeVice, Jackand more. Sorry if I forgot any1.

apache.

then let ones who were insulted decide what to do with apollo. Because rest don’t know, doesn’t care and would vote to let him stay.
    Talks about prejustice and everything is nice, but uninformed opinion is not any better than prejustice.

Also, poll needs this option “who are/WTF is apollo ?”

This poll is like making trial without presenting the case to jury – of course they will normally vote “not guilty”. That’s what we are observing with poll. I’m just stating that i’m is pretty sure that most people voted are as much “WTF???” as I am are.
    “Democracy” works only when people know what’s it all about.

It’s like making poll “Did John killed Bob” in city where you have max. 12 people witnessing event, and rest don’t have idea WTF it’s all about.

Poll is not comparing oponions on some fact, poll is comparing what behavior of apollo people have witnessed themselves. And most haven’t witnessed anything at all, some seen slight arrogance, other seen personal insults, etc.

I’d vote “Let moderators decide without being influenced by results of this poll” because
    1:moderators seen logs,
    2:democracial approach with voting can not work because logs is probably too weird to be published.(i’m guessing there)
    3:and afterall you don’t run poll of all people on earth to make decision for some trial.

4: probably we don’t want scorched to get “thick skin adults only” rating (next step after adults only), even that I’m adult and have thick enough skin.

Really, people are getting banned even without insulting so many users, I see, and without any polls. Would be unfair to make exceptions… well, maybe make exception when somebody was drunk or whatever, and insults consisted of relatively bening repeating f-word, but it doesn’t seems to be the case.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Not to get on your bad side badshot, but the poll is in favor of letting apollo stay, 2 to 1 last look, so why the long drawn out rant. I think you do protest to much!!!!!

apache64d
    Participant

More related info:
    AT claimed Gavin unbanned him. I talked with the other admins and they said they have never heard about it.
    Not too long after that came Gavins reply to it and descoverd another one of Apollo’s lies:

@gcamp wrote:

I unbaned one of the range bans as it was stopping fab4 (and lots of others) from playing. Since AT can play anyway with this banned or not I thought it wouldn’t harm.

So no I haven’t unbanned AT.

He unbanned the range cause other decent players couldn’t connect to the game. Thats all.

fab4
    Participant

Hmm, so I guess it’s my fault that AT can play again 😉

I’m all for giving a player a second (or third or fourth) chance. If they act up, then the admin’s will need to deal with them appropriately – but the ban should only be for a limited amount of time (days).

I was in a game with AT the other day and he was acting fine.

BOY
    Participant

@badshot wrote:

@apache64d wrote:

badshot u can ask these players what Apollo did to them: Irishbandit, Mandy, Kid caos, Kraftwerk, DireWolf, Willis, apache64d, Boy, Ebonite, Sondra, Wowbagger, Cbx, Critty Critter, even hippo, Spyrer, DeVice, Jackand more. Sorry if I forgot any1.

apache.

then let ones who were insulted decide what to do with apollo. Because rest don’t know, doesn’t care and would vote to let him stay.
    Talks about prejustice and everything is nice, but uninformed opinion is not any better than prejustice.

Also, poll needs this option “who are/WTF is apollo ?”

This poll is like making trial without presenting the case to jury – of course they will normally vote “not guilty”. That’s what we are observing with poll. I’m just stating that i’m is pretty sure that most people voted are as much “WTF???” as I am are.
    “Democracy” works only when people know what’s it all about.

It’s like making poll “Did John killed Bob” in city where you have max. 12 people witnessing event, and rest don’t have idea WTF it’s all about.

Poll is not comparing oponions on some fact, poll is comparing what behavior of apollo people have witnessed themselves. And most haven’t witnessed anything at all, some seen slight arrogance, other seen personal insults, etc.

I’d vote “Let moderators decide without being influenced by results of this poll” because
    1:moderators seen logs,
    2:democracial approach with voting can not work because logs is probably too weird to be published.(i’m guessing there)
    3:and afterall you don’t run poll of all people on earth to make decision for some trial.

4: probably we don’t want scorched to get “thick skin adults only” rating (next step after adults only), even that I’m adult and have thick enough skin.

Really, people are getting banned even without insulting so many users, I see, and without any polls. Would be unfair to make exceptions… well, maybe make exception when somebody was drunk or whatever, and insults consisted of relatively bening repeating f-word, but it doesn’t seems to be the case.

I have got to do a bit of damage control here,
    I did not read your whole post above, because I did not need to, badshott, you are totally right, and a new poll will be coming out soon.
    and this poll will be locked then replaced with a poll that is not so careless.

unfortunately there has been a dispute between some of the admins. before this poll, the admins were in the middle of deciding some things. with agreement of several, I will be helping to undo the confusion this poll has started.

in fairness to those that voted, this poll will not be immediately deleted. (that is exactly what i wanted to do when i first saw it and why i added a poll on hippo, then began some heated discussions with other administrators)

the next poll will have some background and better options, I have the ideas already and have been working on this whole thing for some time now, gavin has put alot of energy into this problem as well.

Please be patient while the forum staff irons this out – Thank you for your input to this point.

EDIT:
    ok, here is the link to the new poll
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2086

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Your opinion on Apollo?’ is closed to new replies.