This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 1 year ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I have been having a think lately. I often find myself wondering how we all came together. Aside from Gavin making it possible, how did you mates find S3D?

I personally was bored one summer afternoon, and decided to find a free game for our fedora computer. That initial experience has kept me here ever since. I soon downloaded it on every computer I owned, and would often hang out in Thrax’s mod servers, as the GreenBananaKing.

Those were the days I had no clue what MCB was, and stayed far away from main, as they were always yelling at me. 😛

Share your story!

All the best,

Armor

Tom.K
    Participant

I was looking for Pocket Tanks alternative (I really wanted to have it, but never had any chance to install it as no one managed to keep a working copy), found S3D on magazine CD, played with it mostly on Apocalypse mode as I could make a giant mess on map.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I was introduced to it by a new friend at the time who’d had it come pre-packaged with a few distros previously.
    He was selling the GNU system to me and Scorched was an example of fun games on Linux.
    We played some local 1v1 and I was hooked.

I played a couple of hours offline (if that) before jumping on to a ‘non’ online server. Sometime within a few games Mandy took me under her wing along, as did Brain Damage a bit (who later helped me with SpringRTS).

Since then I’ve made many friends, few of which I’ve ever had a chance to goodbye to 🙁

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Loaded the game back up today. Music kicked in, don’t think I ever expressed how beautiful it is. Haunting, and nostalgic for sure.

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Welcome back Bunny 🙂

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Been here the whole time, just been hanging around working on personal projects.

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I know you’ve been ‘here’, you always respond within a day to me…
    I was speaking for the game 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.