This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Knochi 14 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I would have a lot more fun with this game if there was an easy way to aim at a target. Switching to view 4 and tediously pressing shift left/right trying to get the angle line to turn into a sliver is the least fun part of the game. On the other hand setting inclination and power is a lot of fun.

If you could just target-click a spot on the map and make your weapon immediately point towards it, while leaving inclination/power completely manual, it would be much smoother and more fun to play in my opinion.

If this were an option I would always turn it on. Trying to get the angle lined up in 3d is just a pain.

Otherwise a pretty cool game!

Thinkit
    Participant

Good idea, easy to implement as well. Maybe take out the barrel indicator all-together (gets stuck in terrain too often anyway).

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah that is a good idea. I will try it out and see if it makes the game too easy :).

It will make the controls very similar to golf games. I used to play MS Glof a lot and it was definitely not too easy.

Any idea on the keys that could be used? All the mouse buttons are already in use!

Schrubber
    Participant

I must confess that I like the thrill when adjusting the angle at wind strength 5 from the side… (“it must be too far” … but still it wasn’t enough 😉 ); but right, why not implement it as an option?

There is just one key which is predestinated for that function: “A” !
    For “Auto Adjust Angle”. It’s easy to recognize, and as far as I remember the A is not yet used, right?

Anonymous
    Participant

Maybe have a toggle, switch to “aim target” mode and then when you left click terrain, it adjusts your angle to that spot, then you toggle out when you want to reposition camera.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@schrubber wrote:

I must confess that I like the thrill when adjusting the angle at wind strength 5 from the side… (“it must be too far” … but still it wasn’t enough 😉 ); but right, why not implement it as an option?

There is just one key which is predestinated for that function: “A” !
    For “Auto Adjust Angle”. It’s easy to recognize, and as far as I remember the A is not yet used, right?

You would still have to adjust for wind direction. The AAA would just point the tank towards the specified point on the ground XY rotational only. Without taking wind, power or YZ angle into acount.

Schrubber
    Participant

You would still have to adjust for wind direction. The AAA would just point the tank towards the specified point on the ground XY rotational only. Without taking wind, power or YZ angle into acount.

Great! It would be too easy if the wind was calculated, sure…

David Beleznay
    Participant

an X should maybe be marked on the terrain as well, just so you can see where you clicked on.

Anonymous
    Participant

I’d love to have guidance systems available for purchase like in the old game!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, I implemented this last night and it seems to work well.
    Makes the aiming much easier.

I need a bit more play testing to see if it will stay but initial impressions are good.

Knochi
    Participant

Hi

I played Scorched Earth years ago night and night… your game is the sequel i waited for, the whole time.

Why you don’t make the AAA-System as a buyable Device?
    You have to buy Tracers to see the impact Point, too… why should the AutoAngelAim for free ??? 😆

Thx
    Knochi

P.S.: I hope my English is not so bad 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.