This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spectrum 11 years ago.

• Author

SPYRER
    Participant

The only good SF that came to TV was Serinity, Seaquest, Battlestar (Both versions), Buffy,Angel, Andromeda, and Earth Final Conflict.

Though I do agree NUMBER SEVEN can help in recovering from anything 😀

anyone notice the Balder looks like that doctor from Deep Space Nine?? I mean really looks like him.

JiNx
    Participant

for those that are interrested the 3rd series of battle star galactic has indeed started and 3 episodes so far

i also discovered the during the episodes they made a mini sereis that was only shown on the web called the resistance

just fyi

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@boy wrote:

what do you call the decade between the nineties and the teens?

I’ve always called them the aughts myself. In the electrical field we have wire sizes like 3/0 and we call that three-aught so thats why I’ve always stuck with the aughts. 😛

I have pondered this at length, often sparking discussions amongst myself and my peers resulting in them looking at me funny.

“The Aughts” I honestly never thought of, nor heard of. I, personally, had decided upon “The Noughts”, and even toyed with the idea of “The Noughties”, so that it would fit in with the sound of “The Eighties” etc..

Adding to this subject, when are we (meaning English speaking people) going to stop saying “two thousand and..” when describing the year and switch to “twenty xxxx”

I’m thinking it will either be 2011, because it is to darned long to say as “two thousand eleven”, or perhaps 2020, as we are accustomed to saying “twenty-twenty” with reference to measuring vision.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@bobirov wrote:

@boy wrote:

what do you call the decade between the nineties and the teens?

I’ve always called them the aughts myself. In the electrical field we have wire sizes like 3/0 and we call that three-aught so thats why I’ve always stuck with the aughts. 😛

I have pondered this at length, often sparking discussions amongst myself and my peers resulting in them looking at me funny.

“The Aughts” I honestly never thought of, nor heard of. I, personally, had decided upon “The Noughts”, and even toyed with the idea of “The Noughties”, so that it would fit in with the sound of “The Eighties” etc..

Adding to this subject, when are we (meaning English speaking people) going to stop saying “two thousand and..” when describing the year and switch to “twenty xxxx”

I’m thinking it will either be 2011, because it is to darned long to say as “two thousand eleven”, or perhaps 2020, as we are accustomed to saying “twenty-twenty” with reference to measuring vision.

I think 2010 i like the sound of that twenty ten. 😉 😉

BOY
    Participant

I think the reason why it hasn’t caught on yet is that 2006 would then be “twenty-six” and it is too awkward to say, “twenty-Oh-six”

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

this conversation is getting way too white and nerdy. 😉

BOY
    Participant

hey I resemble that remark! 😈

“whiter than sour cream” all the way!

HWB
    Participant

@nomoresteve wrote:

this conversation is getting way too white and nerdy. 😉

I found my new theme song. ROFL

Spectrum
    Participant

@spyrer wrote:

The only good SF that came to TV was Serinity, Seaquest, Battlestar (Both versions), Buffy,Angel, Andromeda, and Earth Final Conflict.

anyone notice the Balder looks like that doctor from Deep Space Nine?? I mean really looks like him.

Of the shows in your list i agree with: Andromeda, Battlestar, & Seaquest.
    I’ve never seen Serinty and could care les for the rest, IMO.

Also i’ve noticed that, wounder if it’s the same actor?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.