This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

xox
    Participant

You have been banned indefinately in accordance with a majority vote in a poll among the admins.

As you requsted I have brought up the request of sharing our deliberations regarding this matter. The response was pretty much unanimous that what is posted in admin private stays private.

Further requests will not be considered during the current stat series. If you have anything to add it will be considered after then end of the current stat series.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Harsh, but hopefully fair.

Even of you didn’t actually cheat, I think its fair just for constantly winding people up.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I think we should ban peanuts for posting stuff without reading it first. Also, how can you spell it right in the title then misspell it in the message?

Anyway, yes – good call. The more bans the better. Democracy in action.

Just, matter of interest… Why? Why was xox banned? I’m thinking it might add to the deterrent a little if people knew. (Bit of a pointless exercise otherwise).

Ps:
    Who do I need to sleep with to get a peek at these unanimous admin privates? It’s Boy right? Tell me it’s not Boy.

I bet the admin forums are practically ringing with the curse of my name, yes?
    [wrings hands – menacingly]

VG-
    Participant

Think that its not right to bann people for 1 perfect shot without ANY facts!!!Can you prove that he was cheating???NO! Thats why do something ….he has a right to play!!! If not….bann EVERYONE who make “good” shots…..very soon youll play this game alone….admins ONLY :-).
    Think that you people must let him play againe!!! Cuz he has not only enemies on main…he also has friends there…& his stats wasnt sooo cool too. Thats why there was no cheating for having good results!!! But from the other side we can see people whos stats permanently was not so high….byt 1 moment it began to rise….rise..rise…..& this was sooo quickly…THAT IT CANT BE TRYE!!!! Look aroung admins….its not good to bann only 1 person ….. Do something.

________ With love VG 🙂 _________________

parasti
    Participant

All things considered, I have to ask the same question: why? A vote on enforcing a ban is justified provided the ban was justified in the first place — as far as I can tell, it wasn’t. So what then? You just start a sympathy vote on random people, then ban them accordingly?

apache64d
    Participant

Alright, I guess an admin has to reply here.
    Due to the information we had and acording to the results of a poll we had in the admins forum, we decided to ban xox for cheating.
    LATE ADDTION: we have now even more hard info that connect xox to cheating.

To all, if you suspect some1 that is cheating..well u know where to aproach. Don’t just say “others are cheating”, make a complain. We can’t see all.

Outer
    Participant

Scorchers… we admins don’t make random accusations and bear in mind that any case of cheating or any other problem is very well discussed and studied. We just don’t go on a rampage over players as many of you think, and each person involved in the trial is managed privately and impartially.

We are humans tough and sometimes we make our mistakes but in this case errors are not allowed cause the integrity of the players and the community are at risk, so we take our time to gather all possible evidence and prove guilty or innocent.

I can assure everyone that our trials are fair as possible.

Regards

Outer

Rommel
    Participant

As one of the people that requested that player complaints should be made on a private forum, I feel that I am somewhat to blame for what has happened.
    @outer wrote:

Scorchers… we admins don’t make random accusations and bear in mind that any case of cheating or any other problem is very well discussed and studied. We just don’t go on a rampage over players as many of you think, and each person involved in the trial is managed privately and impartially.

We are humans tough and sometimes we make our mistakes but in this case errors are not allowed cause the integrity of the players and the community are at risk, so we take our time to gather all possible evidence and prove guilty or innocent.

I can assure everyone that our trials are fair as possible.

Regards

Outer

My intention was not to start a secret tribunal where players are tried and subsequently banned in secret and I’m a little concerned by this turn of events. Private complaints allow for a much better investigation but private trials on the other hand … I’m not sure I can think of any decent reason for this at all, not even for Teddy Kennedy. Perhaps it’s a matter of National Security. If so, that’s fine. Anything you want to do should be fine with most Americans as long as you say that. 😕

Certainly, I respect the descision of the admins and have no reason to suspect that they acted improperly. The individual votes by the admins aren’t critical, and I see no reason that they should be disclosed. However, the methods used to conclude that a ban was in order is of considerable concern. I heard, from a somewhat dubious source, that XOX was waterboarded but he refused to talk until they hooked the electricity up to his testicles. My source says he sang like a canary after that and that he named several others here as being his cohorts. 😉

In all fairness to XOX and the admins, if XOX has requested that the users be provided with the details, then his case should be aired. If not, then we have no right to request this information from the admins and I respect their right not to disclose the details in order to protect XOX from any further embarrassment. Conversely, protecting the admins from embarrassment over their decision isn’t a valid reason for not disclosing the details.

We have a player with an indefininte ban for cheating and it seems likely, that more will follow. Hopefully, the proof required for such an action is proof beyond a reasonable doubt and not simply a preponderance of the evidence (balance of the probabilities if you prefer). If the presumption of guilt method is to be used then perhaps the ban times should start out short and progress accordingly unless definitive proof is in hand.

The indefinite period as stated was through this stat set and I for one hope that the stats are reset today. The stats are … uh … well … suspect anyway. Implement the bot fix I’ve been reading about, give everyone their medals and then restart the stats.

In the hopes that a sentencing tribunal would consider testimonials: XOX has always treated me nicely and I’ve always enjoyed playing against him.

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

This isnt a courtroom, its a game.
    The rules are mad and policed by the admins, if we dont like the way they treat people or the rules they have, or how they enforce those rules, we can always leave.

So far, I have few worries.

I have been banned many times in the past from chat rooms, hey ho, it happenes, I did the necessary things and went back time n again until either I refined my chatting so as not to offend them, or just left never to return.
    Its just a game, it is not the end of the world!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

This isnt a courtroom, its a game.
    The rules are made and policed by the admins, if we dont like the way they treat people or the rules they have, or how they enforce those rules, we can always leave.

conformist peanutsrevenge. rules. i prefer to adjust them so they fit. but then i always did like to twist things.

not gonna make me quote juvenal jinx again are you? got to watch those admins. give’m an inch and they’ll take a cm [deleted rude comment to avoid getting into trouble] (i think it’s a rule)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

ya mean give em a cm and they’ll take an inch…

do you even know ya left from ya right?

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i hear one or two’ll take 6, but don’t quote me.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

do you even know ya left or ya right?

good question

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.