This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

I was there for the S-Kills vs VG confrontation. Unless I missed some commentary, I really didn’t see anything too bad. Plus I could not justify taking action against only one of them. They were both at it. I was hoping it would end soon. I tried to avoid getting involved and making things worse.

I missed what got VG angry. Usually she is very pleasant.

BigBear
    Participant

@Mcb Lover wrote:

its all good guys…but i and Olga cant mute him becourse i not let other guys who play with us see that crappy things that adresse to us…

so…

JUST BAN HIM

thats will work

Err no it won’t. We don’t ban on demand.

Rommel
    Participant

As it has been noted: I was there also. Since no one has offered up the log, and this doesn’t seem to be going away, would both parties like it posted for all to see?

@Mcb Lover wrote:

its all good guys…but i and Olga cant mute him becourse i not let other guys who play with us see that crappy things that adresse to us…

so…

JUST BAN HIM

thats will work

I hope that a ban isn’t required and I personally don’t think that it is. However, if this BAN HIM sentiment gains momentum and I have a vote …. I would have to vote to ban them both.

I must go find the log entries now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

“And the lonely voice of youth cried … What is truth?” – Johnny Cash

@laptops Daddy wrote:

… the language barrier isn’t something to be overlooked. and there are always two sides to every story. …

Yes, there are always two sides, but the truth is seldom found in either version. There are generally 3 sides to every story. Your side – Their side – and the truth. Even the most honest of people often have their version of the truth slightly off simply due to their perspective.

I have the logs now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

BigBear
    Participant

I have read the log. There will be no banstixx thrown around over this. Proper action will be taken when opportunity arises.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

I have read the log. There will be no banstixx thrown around over this. Proper action will be taken when opportunity arises.

Yea, ban Vitos and VG so the rest of us can get some kills now n then!
    😉

Deathbal
    Participant

@xox wrote:

I can’t speak for Che Malbec, but I was there yesterday when VG and S-killZ were playing on the server at the same time. Since he is the new guy that noone around here seems to like a lot, I bet he is going to pull the short end of any sort of accusation thrown at him.

Here here, you should start a players Union. 🙄

Rommel
    Participant

Having been a topic of controversy in the not too distant past and a new player too, I feel the need to speak up:

@deathbal wrote:

@xox wrote:

I can’t speak for Che Malbec, but I was there yesterday when VG and S-killZ were playing on the server at the same time. Since he is the new guy that noone around here seems to like a lot, I bet he is going to pull the short end of any sort of accusation thrown at him.

Here here, you should start a players Union. 🙄

I feel that I’ve always received fair and impartial treatment from the admins as a whole. Granted, I’ve seen a few instances reported here where someone went a little overboard but the other admins have stepped in and from what I’ve seen, rendered a fair solution in most instances. The few cases I’ve seen where the verdict might have been a little harsh seemed to be largely due to an over reaction from the disgruntled player.

Challeging the authority of an admin in a one on one confronfrontation or challeging them as a body, is like arguing with someone on the telephone. All it takes is one wrong word and CLICK you just lost the opportunity to get your point across. No matter what, keep your cool. Present your case to the body as a whole (preferablly in private) and give the system the opportunity to work.

Perhaps the complaint section would be best if it allowed the players to post a complaint that only the admins can read. A players union? I really don’t see the need at this time. What we really need is a union for the bots.

Bots have rights too. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

xox
    Participant

I feel that I’ve always received fair and impartial treatment from the admins as a whole. Granted, I’ve seen a few instances reported here where someone went a little overboard but the other admins have stepped in and from what I’ve seen, rendered a fair solution in most instances. The few cases I’ve seen where the verdict might have been a little harsh seemed to be largely due to an over reaction from the disgruntled player.

You misunderstood me. I did not mean to say that the admins would come up with an unfair solution. I was addressing the common response from the community of players in these kinds of cases. If a well known player accuses a new player of being a foulmouthed jerk, the community response is usually not fair and impartial, but instead based on “mob rules”.

Just for the record: I am confident the admins will handle the matter quite adequately and justly.

P.S. I think this case illustrates again very well how prone internet communication is to misunderstandings.

Rommel
    Participant

Yes, I suppose I misunderstood, sorry.

@xox wrote:

You misunderstood me. I did not mean to say that the admins would come up with an unfair solution. I was addressing the common response from the community of players in these kinds of cases. If a well known player accuses a new player of being a foulmouthed jerk, the community response is usually not fair and impartial, but instead based on “mob rules”.

Just for the record: I am confident the admins will handle the matter quite adequately and justly.

P.S. I think this case illustrates again very well how prone internet communication is to misunderstandings.

I was more concerned about the idea of a players union (even though Deathbal said it in jest) gaining steam. A players union seems to suggest that the players might be better at policing the game than the admins and that some form of injustice with the current system wasn’t being addressed.

The type of injustice that the poor bots have been forced to endure game after game and day after day. Prior to this version I had been working on a Bot Bill of Rights in the hopes of giving them more of a sporting chance. The Apoc Champions bots have been after me for some time to speak up in their behalf but I assured them that version 41 would address all of their concerns. When I see them again I’ll see what they think. 😉

Sincerely,

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I was more concerned about the idea of a players union (even though Deathbal said it in jest) gaining steam. A players union seems to suggest that the players might be better at policing the game than the admins and that some form of injustice with the current system wasn’t being addressed.

The type of injustice that the poor bots have been forced to endure game after game and day after day. Prior to this version I had been working on a Bot Bill of Rights in the hopes of giving them more of a sporting chance. The Apoc Champions bots have been after me for some time to speak up in their behalf but I assured them that version 41 would address all of their concerns. When I see them again I’ll see what they think. 😉

Sincerely,

It is just human nature to trust or believe in someone you know and already trust over someone you do not.

BTW, Rommel, the bots are undocumented players, they do not get representation. 😆

Anyway, since you are commenting on the farce I brought up, i’ll reply. What a players Union would do is……Grieve a ban or permute to the Union leader. Whoever that might be 🙄 . Say it’s a 2 Month ban. After everything is settled, and all is brought forth, maybe it could be cut to 2 weeks. 8) .

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

How the hell would that work though DB?

What if we dont get what we want we all strike?

So I gotta stop playing my current favorite game because someone was gobbing off and thinks that they were badly treated or a map hasnt been added, or the fps is too low etc etc….

The Admins appear to go a good enough job which can be tough along with the Devs, do they really need the players ganging up on them too?

Deathbal
    Participant

Lets just be clear. You are joking, right peanut?

Thrax
    Participant

I had this occur on my servers too, and had to discuss it with my players.

There was a player named LDog constantly targetting and destroying
    Princey, round after round. I was asked to ban him..

However, since it was a Bot, I was forced to decline. 😛

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Well, im hoping your joking DB, but just incase you wernt (mostly incase anyone else picks up on the idea REALLY) no, Im serious.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.