This topic contains 73 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

*whistles*

*whistles back*

Deathstryker
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@ebonite² wrote:

*whistles*

*whistles back*

What’s with all the noise?! I’m trying to sleep!

BOY
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Point of interest: I don’t really value my kill ratio that much, I play for laughs first, kills second 😉

Also, sometimes, when I am feeling competetive – I play to win first, and kill second. And I know I’m not the only one to do this on occasion.

I never play for laughs, that is what chat is for 😀 I always play for kills. Later in the game, when It looks like I have a good chance to win, I will shift a bit to get the win over the kills. Early on I just let the round wins fall where they may.

bruce
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

@ebonite² wrote:

*whistles*

*whistles back*

What’s with all the noise?! I’m trying to sleep!

🙄 and u give out to me 4 spammin ha!*shakes fist*u cant talk! 😈 mwahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha!ha!so em yea stuff!

Deathstryker
    Participant

If you would have read, you would have known that I said that if you are gonna spam at least post something relevant as I did. So BLAH to you!

BOY
    Participant

@boy wrote:

my 2 cents…
    lemme see if this sounds good.

Qualifying matches:
    One full game of 10 ppl for as many inviteds as want to play…..
    1. all players start with 10K or 15K…..
    2. There is no interest.
    3. money awarded by health taken
    4. 100% kills worth 1K or 2K….
    5. Only missiles, parachutes, and batteries are allowed (regular prices)
    6. always wrap walls (to prevent unreachable situations)
    7. honor a no truce rule
    8. confirm resigning allowed or not (hopefully not)
    9. game winners based on wins then kills (points TBD)

FINAL MATCH:
    1 CHANGE – BUYING BEGINS AT ROUND 1

UPDATE

Here are the latest ideas being considered for the tournament. We will likely invite anyone who wants to play, inexperienced players will be excluded only if there are too many players. It is likely we will allow mulitple attempts to qualify for the final match, the scoring method is yet to be determined.

Invitations will be by word of mouth as soon as dates are picked.
    I have asked Apollo to advertize on his site, I would also like to know if Gavin would be kind enough to flash an occasional message on the official servers (like for Wednesday shutdowns) when we have the details ready.

additional ideas:

– (5. above) instead could limit to lowest arms level.

– (9. above) may be better to do by kills first since the qualifying matches are being conducted primarily based on shooting skills.

– limit tank deaths to no damage (both qualifying and final match)

bruce
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

If you would have read, you would have known that I said that if you are gonna spam at least post something relevant as I did. So BLAH to you!

*proud face* ah go u now look at this ive made an IMPACT already!go me!yea darlin u sud use blah more often in ur vocabulary it makes u more youthful!lol! 😀 only joshin no but seriously dont take everything so seriously life a game all u have to realise is which way is the easiest way to sail thru it witout a care in the world and a smile on ur face!
    just relax

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bruce wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

*proud face* ah go u now look at this ive made an IMPACT already!go me!yea darlin u sud use blah more often in ur vocabulary it makes u more youthful!lol! 😀 only joshin no but seriously dont take everything so seriously life a game all u have to realise is which way is the easiest way to sail thru it witout a care in the world and a smile on ur face!
    just relax

You are so annoying.

And how dare you use my name in one of your posts.

BOY
    Participant

PLEASE GO HERE FOR DISCUSSION OF TOURNAMENT SERVER!

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11251#11251

THANKS

BOY

udaff
    Participant

Hello! I want to take part in this tournament.But i cant see date and rules.Can somebody explain?

DireWolf
    Participant

@udaff wrote:

Hello! I want to take part in this tournament.But i cant see date and rules.Can somebody explain?

Yes, sorry about the confusion, the date and final rules have not been established yet, but when they are you will find the information you seek
    in the forums!
    thanx for your interest!!!!

BOY
    Participant

@udaff wrote:

Final rules will be in soon! Sorry but the server I set up seems to have gone down for the test…. 🙁

I will keep everyone posted.

BOY
    Participant

TOURNAMENT SERVER IS IN THE WORKS, GO HERE FOR INFORMATION

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11251#11251

Poolee, Miro, and DireWolf, I would especially like to know your thoughts.

Boy

Hippopotamus
    Participant

OK OK
    just tell me WHEN ???????

BOY
    Participant

@hippopotamus wrote:

OK OK
    just tell me WHEN ???????

**Bows down to the ruler of all scorch**

yees yees your hippostinatiousness……….. LOL

😛 just jokin’ Fo’ real tho, plenty of people seem to want to know a date. One proposal poolee has suggested is to run a server for at least a week with Tournament settings that requires a minimum of 6 players (max 10), log the stats and at the end of the week count up the top 10 winners. I think that 10 days is a good number to run it. Friday through Sunday so that there would be two weekends of play.

I think that we should be able to get a server going by Friday the 20th and run it to Sunday the 29th. One problem is that currently I think i need a Tournament mod to get the settings right, otherwise we might have to have a tournament on server alot like a missle range (but with arms level 1 to add missles) I am waiting to hear from Mr. Camp on this, he has said he will help us with a server.

If perhaps someone would volunteer to do a very simple mod for me, The thing is on! please Volunteer anywhre i have recently posted or in the Mod section – I will go beseech the mod guru’s for help.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.