This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Princey 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Outer
    Participant

There is some valid arguments about it PB. At first whne tha hack came up, we (admins) and almost all the scorched community were paranoid about this issue. Witch hunt hurts more the community than does the hack so we try that this doesnt happen.

For your flag, i dont know what you have been flagged of, but try to PM apache about it.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

POM, its guys like us that are more likely to be accused I think.

When you get those nice streaks of shots, it looks all the more suspisous than if One or BD gets em…

xox
    Participant

Oh hell, just ONE nice shot suffices to get you banned.

apache64d
    Participant

@xox wrote:

Oh hell, just ONE nice shot suffices to get you banned.

XOX, we both know that in your case it wasn’t about “ONE nicw shot”.

PB, your name was in our discussion beacuse of suspicous info we found (at that time) I was basicly high skill and kill rate. You were falgged for that.

Jurily
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

B: This player had an unexplanable shot that can’t be denied is cheating.

How exactly do you define a “cheater shot”? Something so accurate that cannot be attributed to luck? I’ve yet to see one of those… I’ve had shots even I was amazed at, but that doesn’t make me a cheater (I think…), and at the same time (same game even) I do some that are off by half the map. So which ones would you use to determine if one of my shots is “inexplainible” that “can’t be denied is cheating”?

As for the flag, that only means the admins are paying attention. Which is a Good Thing. Just don’t ban anyone without showing the reasons and calming down the other players.

P.S. I’m not qualified to determine if someone is cheating or not, nor do I accuse or defend anybody, just curious.

xox
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

XOX, we both know that in your case it wasn’t about “ONE nicw shot”.

APACHE, considering that you turned down my request to supply me with a transcript of the admin discussion leading up to the decision to ban me, this statement cannot possibly be correct.

apache64d
    Participant

I what? We (the admins) decided that as a group. It wasn’t a One Person decision. We already talked about it and explained. Stop bringing it up every second reply u make. It doesn’t help u and it won’t.

To all: u can go to other topic in here to read and know more: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4979

xox
    Participant

FYI, “you” in the english language is used both as a singular and plural form of the second person personal pronoun.

Oh, and FYI is short for “For Your Information”.

apache64d
    Participant

Realy? No kiddin’?? WOW I didn’t know that.
    Oh and FYI, “kiddin”‘ is a short word for “kidding”, just for YOU xox.

Next time don’t write my nick right before “you”.

Deathbal
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

This thread is here because some people are concerned about admins “keeping this bullshit up” and ruining the game by spreading rumours. I have to admit, there is some validity in that.

There really hasn’t been any bullshit. No one has been banned for no reason. That includes all those that post in this thread. No one has gone ban crazy, nor will it start to happen.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

POM, its guys like us that are more likely to be accused I think.

When you get those nice streaks of shots, it looks all the more suspisous than if One or BD gets em…

I hear ya there if we were actually killing ppl it would look VERY susupicious LOL!

BigBear
    Participant

Heh, so much DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAH over a player getting flagged! I cannot help to wonder what would have happened if there actually was a real witch hunt where power crazed admins went on solo ban rampages. No action (well a flag oooOOOO) has been taken against PButter as of yet and will not be taken unless there is a good reason for it. This topic would have made much more sense to me if PButter would have had punitive action taken against him.

Personally I think that the “oh noes the game is being ruined” remarks are exaggerated to say the least. I have never seen a community with as little drama as this one and seriously doubt that we would be that fragile that we couldn’t cope with this situation. One thing that really would help though would be if ppl stopped accusing each other of cheating in public on the servers and on the forums. If you have a complaint, go through the proper channels (PM an admin) and I assure you that things will be more pleasant for everyone. And if you don’t trust the admins to do a fair job deciding what’s what, then keep your “insights” to yourself.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

@jurily wrote:

@pastor of muppets wrote:

B: This player had an unexplanable shot that can’t be denied is cheating.

How exactly do you define a “cheater shot”? Something so accurate that cannot be attributed to luck? I’ve yet to see one of those… I’ve had shots even I was amazed at, but that doesn’t make me a cheater (I think…), and at the same time (same game even) I do some that are off by half the map. So which ones would you use to determine if one of my shots is “inexplainible” that “can’t be denied is cheating”?

As for the flag, that only means the admins are paying attention. Which is a Good Thing. Just don’t ban anyone without showing the reasons and calming down the other players.

P.S. I’m not qualified to determine if someone is cheating or not, nor do I accuse or defend anybody, just curious.

Try to cheat Jurily and you will know about it:)

Etarion
    Participant

“High kill rate” – that’s easy to get, like i did in that game. Don’t spend money in the first few rounds, take only sniper shots, resign else, then buy a lot of funkies and have funk… err fun.

And a “flag” is “administrative action”. a) it’s public (other people there asked me what the flag is for) b) There are things like “self-fulfilling prophecies” (this player is flagged AND has killed three people in a row, he must be banned!)

[Edit: removed reference that might have been mistaken for an insult]

BigBear
    Participant

@etarion wrote:

And a “flag” is “administrative action”. a) it’s public (other people there asked me what the flag is for) b) There are things like “self-fulfilling prophecies” (this player is flagged AND has killed three people in a row, he must be banned!)

A flag can be issued for any number of reasons. It is NOT automatically associated with cheating and DOESN’T necessarily lead to any further action. The problem then is not the flag but ppls faulty assumptions and the general cheat scare. We don’t work like that!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.