This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Princey 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Etarion
    Participant

Hi,

a few days ago (i think the day before yesterday, not sure, most admins seemed to be there though) i was flagged by apache64 (while a whole lot of admins were there). (nick PeanutButter ) There was no explanation why i was flagged, only some talk about a “vote” that ended 3 to 1 and some “action”.

So, now I guess someone accused me of cheating. If that’s the case, and 3 of 4 admins though that i was cheating, i think that you should slow a bit down on the witch hunt. Note that I don’t request that the flag is removed, or an apology, but on that day i didn’t even have any really lucky shots … sure, a few one-shot-kills, but those were funkies and diggers (when someone forgot chutes yet again), and killing someone with a funky isn’t really hard. So I think that you all should wait a bit longer before you decide someone is cheating, because doing so too early can ruin a game just as easy as cheating can. A witch hunt serves nobody …[/url]

xox
    Participant

Don’t hold your breath, if they have you in there sights, they’ll make damn sure they’ll shoot you down.

Etarion
    Participant

I thought i made it clear that i don’t care if they shoot me down or not … this thread isn’t about the flag.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

hm…..you have better skill then mine….then that in usuall game you not so good…thats mine opinion. In next version we will see who have TRUE skill and who not. sorry if i discreminated you.

apache64d
    Participant

XOX, it is uselless for u. Give it a rest.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

If I’m right, then it was simply apache asking the regs that were there if we thought you were upto no good.
    I say this as I was asked and answered honestly.

I tried my hardest not to take into account the fact that you were using MY name, but I may have sub-conciously been biased 😉

Bare in mind, it was just a flag that you’ll be watched, which if you are innocent is a good thing, means your name can be cleared.

I would PM apache if I were you as he was the one that posted it in the game, going public probably won’t help your case… XoX is a prime example.

Etarion
    Participant

you folk keep missing the point …

apache64d
    Participant

You were flagged thats all. i talked with the others about a basic regualtion in our guidelines.
    That’s it. Bygone.

Deathbal
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about it PB. And where did you get the 3-1 thing? That’s not usually advertised, and is not the case. At least not to my knowledge.

Etarion
    Participant

the “3 vs 1” thing was admin talk from apache while on the server. and i don’t worry about the flag, as i said … heck, even if someone decided to ban me, i’d just find another way to procrastinate 😉 but i watched other games (CS especially) being hurt way more from people who thought & said that other players cheat when they didn’t, than from people who did cheat. So i thought i’d voice that opinion.

Princey
    Participant

First of all, just an opinion as were all entitled to one and were all gifted with it when were born but Power happy and nothing better to do would be my guess. Yes i was there and yes What apache was saying was clearly not being used in the command so all players could see it. Speaking of guidelines, Its a little sad. Its a game not the US military code of conduct. It makes matters worse when people of authority do not give an explanation into why a decision has been made.

Admin and moderating in my experience would be makign sure a game/chat room is being enjoyed by all and is in no threat from racial hatred, general harassment or making the game advantageous to create a better player etc etc. Some of the admins just need to take a back seat and let people get on with it. It is getting stupid.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2637
    P….no need talking about this…it really just luck that im playing yet:)
    oops 🙄
    Oh..forgot…could you send me log Princey? 😛

Rommel
    Participant

WHOO AHH !!!@princey wrote:

First of all, just an opinion as were all entitled to one and were all gifted with it when were born but Power happy and nothing better to do would be my guess. Yes i was there and yes What apache was saying was clearly not being used in the command so all players could see it. Speaking of guidelines, Its a little sad. Its a game not the US military code of conduct. It makes matters worse when people of authority do not give an explanation into why a decision has been made.

Admin and moderating in my experience would be makign sure a game/chat room is being enjoyed by all and is in no threat from racial hatred, general harassment or making the game advantageous to create a better player etc etc. Some of the admins just need to take a back seat and let people get on with it. It is getting stupid.

I see no need to expound on your post other than to say, thank you.

Thank You.

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Said I wouldn’t reply to cheater posts but I will break my own code. Flag me for cheating cuz I would love the flattery.

So if someone is flagged how do you know?

Anyway I just checked stats and there is no reason that I see to flag this player unless

A: something happened that I dont’ know of.

B: This player had an unexplanable shot that can’t be denied is cheating.

Or C: We are possesed by the whole aimbot issue and we are getting scared of everyone who makes a good shot.

I for one will never be acuccused of aimbot usage cuz I suck but still….I for one vote that aimbot usage is no longer available on forums.

Lock the post delete them whatever you have to do just make them disappear. This is going to ruin an incredible game with 2,000,000 downlods if we keep the bullsh*t up!

parasti
    Participant

This thread is here because some people are concerned about admins “keeping this bullshit up” and ruining the game by spreading rumours. I have to admit, there is some validity in that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.