This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 6 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Zelda
    Participant

Hey, After reading the documentation on setting up a database for scorched im still baffabled on how to set it up for a windows database, would i do it the same way as you would with linux but without all of the “Commands” and recompiling scorched?

Thrax
    Participant

@zelda wrote:

Hey, After reading the documentation on setting up a database for scorched im still baffabled on how to set it up for a windows database, would i do it the same way as you would with linux but without all of the “Commands” and recompiling scorched?

We’ve chatted about it a few times over the years.

Some of the threads were
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6195
    and
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5567

Windows cfg of Stats is probably easier than *nix rebuilding.
    It’s already built for it, just has to be turned on and pointed the right way.

Zelda
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@zelda wrote:

We’ve chatted about it a few times over the years.

Some of the threads were
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6195
    and
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5567

Windows cfg of Stats is probably easier than *nix rebuilding.
    It’s already built for it, just has to be turned on and pointed the right way.

Cheers Thrax, is it possible to do it a non mysql way? like a filebased method?

Thrax
    Participant

@zelda wrote:

Cheers Thrax, is it possible to do it a non mysql way? like a filebased method?

Yes, there is a 3rd option built in. It’s a temporary tracking for only that
    server session only.

In the server XML file used to load up, the Stat-logging can be set to None,
    Mysql, or File. File tracking will use a stats logging file and will be flushed
    every time the server is reloaded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.