This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new patch for the Windows version of Scorched3D has been released.

This does not contain any new features but fixes a crash on some Windows systems when shots land. This patch also contains a fix to prevent the auto defense dialog from being shown too many times.

Get the fix here :-
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scorched3d/Scorched3D-35-crashfix.zip?download

This patch is compatible with Scorched3D version 35 and should be extracted over the existing version 35 Scorched3D executable.

Anonymous
    Participant

This bugfix does not work on my system… What now? I will try to upgrade my windows drivers, but I did that quite recently.

Help…

Anonymous
    Participant

Updated to Win2000 SP4 plus new DirX 9.0b. Still recieve message –>
    ‘ The instruction at “0x77f8aa00” referenced memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read” ‘

😕

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Have you tried turing off all the options in the display options dialog?

Anonymous
    Participant

I found i had problems with windows v35 until i checked the No GL extentions

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

I found i had problems with windows v35 until i checked the No GL extentions

Yeah, this is todo with the auto-detection of OpenGL features.
    There is no real standard for OpenGL extensions so even when a card says it supports a feature it may not support it to the same level as another card.
    e.g. It may support it, but for lower texture resolutions
    This extra info is very difficult to find out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.