This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sondra 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Sondra
    Participant

Well you’re the chef cb… soo why not mix up the recepis???

cbx550f
    Participant

Chef? Hardly – tonight for supper I BBQed a 24 oz Sirloin.
    And ate it.
    And only it. 馃槈

Yummmm

I’m still wondering though – how would you prepare the rollers so that they aren’t too crunchy?

Irishbandit
    Participant

Ok i am not getting into weither willis or at is right… But something is going on that is weird. As i started the subject Server down?
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1719&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
    But i am having the same problem as AT [not pointing fingers at any one]
    there may be something wrong with the server being announced but i did not play sunday all day because every time i checked to see if server is up itt would not showup, same thing monday morning. So instead of pointing fingers i think we need to figure out what is going on.

cbx550f
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Ok i am not getting into weither willis or at is right… But something is going on that is weird. As i started the subject Server down?
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1719&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
    But i am having the same problem as AT [not pointing fingers at any one]

I don’t believe that’s the same thing AT was talking about. One thing I’d be interested to see is to try a ping to the server’s IP next time it happens – maybe throw a hundred packets at it, and see how many you lose. IIRC, scorched uses UDP for the server browser (not sure), and if it does, a lost packet would not be resent, so that losing a single packet could result in the server being “invisible”.

Don’t recall for sure how to do it in windows (ping /? in a command prompt window will tell you), but in *nix you can do “ping -c 100 213.104.26.118” and it’ll ping 100 times (or maybe do it 20 or 50, that’d be faster). I’ve heard of people having this trouble now and again (and I have had the same, albeit not for quite a while), and I wonder if that might be all it is?

Sondra
    Participant

Well I put then at the micro wave cus I bought those ones on Wallmart

Sondra
    Participant

I’m still wondering though – how would you prepare the rollers so that they aren’t too crunchy?

Well I bought those at the walmart and made them in the micor wave 馃槼 馃槼 馃槼 馃槼

Irishbandit
    Participant

Ping command as sugested, results:
    ping -n 100 213.104.26.118

Pinging 213.104.26.118 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 213.104.26.118: bytes=32 time=152ms TTL=125
    Reply from 213.104.26.118: bytes=32 time=154ms TTL=125
    Reply from 213.104.26.118: bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=125

Ping statistics for 213.104.26.118:
    Packets: Sent = 3, Received = 3, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 152ms, Maximum = 154ms, Average = 153ms

Check in server page refresh server list, still not there.
    Posted screen shot under server down?

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

http://www.answers.com/topic/subvert

According to MS Word, Apollo, you had one real mistake in your post, Subtroverting is not a word.

[-20] = 80%[/quote]

There is no antonym for Subvert.

antonym

SYLLABICATION: an路to路nym
    PRONUNCIATION: nt-nm
    NOUN: A word having a meaning opposite to that of another word: The word wet is an antonym of the word dry.

Oops.

Orient is a word. Oriented is a word. Disorient is a word. Disoriented is a word. Disorientated is is word too. (although) Disorientated is redundant in my opionion.

I have corrected the word form of my post to the verb form that is accurate according MS word.

See subvert. Then think of what subtrovert might mean (in the verb form). Not logical. (No antonym).

In my haste, I did typo. But De-Subversify is not a word either is it?

Thanks for pointing that out.

MY least favorite typos…

Me to. (for me too) AHEM, You to where?

There. (used instead of their) (even worse, They’re) (there).

I’m not going to dedicate the time to error check my own posts.

Kind Regards,

Apollo

sub路vert (s蓹b-v没rt’)
    tr.v., -vert路ed, -vert路ing, -verts.
    To destroy completely; ruin: 鈥渟chemes to subvert the liberties of a great community鈥 (Alexander Hamilton).

To undermine the character, morals, or allegiance of; corrupt.

To overthrow completely: 鈥淓conomic assistance 鈥 must subvert the existing 鈥 feudal or tribal order鈥 (Henry A. Kissinger). See synonyms at overthrow.

DireWolf
    Participant

?

Server down?
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1719

@cbx550f wrote:

I’m a bit confused too…

AT, are you referring to the recent problem of people getting kicked from the server? I’ve seen it numerous times lately that if a certain person quit, a specific other would get the ol’ boot. It’s disturbingly consistant sometimes – the other night in a game, if Sondra quit, she took one other guy with her (every time), and if I quit, I took a specific other guy with me (same guy every time). Quite odd.

cbx

Unsung had the same problem of not being able to see the server!
    we live in the same town but I could see it….

It appears there is a problem and I dont believe Willis is to blame.

also I dont believe that Flaming someone is called for either, This game is free, and Gavin seems to be a pretty cool cat, a little bit more respect should be shown when making posts regarding touchy subjects like this, we are part of a gaming community, and when highly respected players resort to hate tactics in the forums it looks bad, really bad!!!

it is obvious that there is dissention between the 2 of you, if it cant be worked out, talk to Gavin, I am sure he would share his opinion to save us from all this hate, if you still cant work it out, than leave if you wanna leave, but do it with respect and dignity, I dont want to see anyone leaving out of hatred, while making my videos I have played with both of you, and many many others, when I log on I look forward to seeing either of you on, cuz I know that there will be some major carnage to film, plus you both have been helpful to me at times, what really pisses me off is I see alot of comments on this BS, yet I got 1 comment on my new video, something meant to be positive “thank you Poolee” but there are bunches here, so apparently you are both well liked, is this the side of your personalities you want people to see?

bring the fun back 馃懣

P.S. I dont care about my grammar!!! 馃槈

BOY
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

There is no antonym for Subvert.

antonym

SYLLABICATION: an路to路nym
    PRONUNCIATION: nt-nm
    NOUN: A word having a meaning opposite to that of another word: The word wet is an antonym of the word dry.

Oops.

Orient is a word. Oriented is a word. Disorient is a word. Disoriented is a word. Disorientated is is word too. (although) Disorientated is redundant in my opionion.

I have corrected the word form of my post to the verb form that is accurate according MS word.

See subvert. Then think of what subtrovert might mean (in the verb form). Not logical. (No antonym).

In my haste, I did typo. But De-Subversify is not a word either is it?

Thanks for pointing that out.

MY least favorite typos…

Me to. (for me too) AHEM, You to where?

There. (used instead of their) (even worse, They’re) (there).

I’m not going to dedicate the time to error check my own posts.

Kind Regards,

Apollo

I am thinking that you must have combined the words subvert and subtrifuge. I would not point it out except that you brought up spell checking! 馃槢 I knew subtrovert was not a word without using MS word, but was suprised to see no other mistakes. 馃槈

Wouldn’t support or reinforce be a good antonym for subvert?

Boy (at his blackboard) <– has a broken spell checker in his positronic brain

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have a feeling Gavin is a on another long vacation or he’d reply to some of this stuff. (We’re just too much for him.)

Deathstryker
    Participant

Yeah there’s definitely something going on with the servers. I refreshed the server list 3 times and the player list wouldn’t come up. Strange thing is that people are all the sudden having all of these problems all at once.

Ebonite
    Participant

I’ve never had a problem connecting, except when a server is “for real” down. There have been numerous times when the server list would not show the Official servers, but if I come back to it 5 minutes later and refresh, they’re back. One time I did it, and only the teams server was displayed. Well, just seeing “Scorched3D Official” I clicked on it and didn’t realise the error until I connected. At that point, I looked back at the server list, refreshed, and then both servers were shown and I connected to the FFA server, which was populated, and was in the middle of a game.

cbx550f
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

and when highly respected players resort to hate tactics in the forums it looks bad, really bad!!!

I couldn’t agree more, Dire. Thanks. I think I’ll go back to my old policy of ignoring such things.

@Dire wrote:

bring the fun back

I’ll drink to that!

Cheers!

cbx

Sondra
    Participant

Awww no more cookies 馃檮 馃檮

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.