This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spectrum 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

Check out some of the problems people have been having with there Wiimotes.

Wiimote problems

mooic
    Participant

LOL, im not letting one of those near my TV, sooooooo much carnage!!!

Willis
    Participant

Yeah I’ve been hearing a lot of stories like this recently.

People just don’t like the armstrap designed to hold it to your arm so they don’t wear it. Then they start pretending like its the real thing.

… Personally I can’t stand hearing the “we love wii” stories.. maybe because I’m a SONY fan or maybe because I’ve read into things.. but really all that jumping up and around and throwing your arms around dosn’t work.

90% of the time its the smaller hand-jerks, instead of the flailing arms around, that work well. According to the reviews and stuff I’ve read.

And in some games you still need to use in a “regular controller” style… as the game just dosn’t work quite right. Let alone any sudden change in motion .. like in response to something bad happening (we fling our arms into the air in frustration) .. or if you suddenly hear the phone ring… that is reflected in the game! Better learn how to pause it FAST!

Deathstryker
    Participant

I wonder if this thread is going to start a fanboy flame war….

One thing I have to say bad about Sony this time around is I believe they shot themselves in the foot adding that expensive blueray player to their system. I mean… They don’t even know if it’s gonna be successful or not yet and they are already forcing it down people’s throats…

I’d say if they hadn’t added that, they would have really kicked some ass straight from the beginning like they did with PS2 (as they would have also been able to create more shipments without it).

I guess an arguement against that might be with the high quality graphics that the PS3 is capable of you might say that all that space is needed to deliver that content but I highly doubt it.

It’s of course still possible that they’ll still kick ass considering this is only the beginning, but with the current price tag, that seems unlikely. It’s gonna be hard for them to lower it anymore though considering it costs them like $800 to make the thing.

mooic
    Participant

That blueray player is quite cheap considering the cheapest player that i found on the highstreet id £999.99 😯

Willis
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

I’d say if they hadn’t added that, they would have really kicked some ass straight from the beginning like they did with PS2 (as they would have also been able to create more shipments without it).

The only correction I’d like to point out is … that thier low production rate is actually due to the Cell Processor they got.

The production yeild is like only 10-12% last I heard. *for those non techy: outta every 100 processors they make, only 10-12 would be useable*

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

@willis wrote:

The production yeild is like only 10-12% last I heard. *for those non techy: outta every 100 processors they make, only 10-12 would be useable*

And for those non-spell-checkers, that would be “yield” 😉

Willis
    Participant

@nomoresteve wrote:

@willis wrote:

And for those non-spell-checkers, that would be “yield” 😉

Its not an issue of spell-check.. it’s that my right hand types faster then my left hand 😛

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

@What Willis REALLY meant when he wrote:

Its not an issue of USING spell-check.. it’s that my right hand types faster then my left hand 😛

And last I checked, isn’t the “i” key on the right hand side? therefore, that “i” should have been tapped before the “e”? 😉

Just givin’ ya a bad time.sorta😉

We now return this hijacked thread to it’s regular scheduled topic.

I knew I read thissomewhere…

Deathstryker
    Participant

@willis wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

The only correction I’d like to point out is … that thier low production rate is actually due to the Cell Processor they got.

Oh… I got my info from here about it being blamed on the blueray diodes. Just saying my post isn’t COMPLETELY baseless. =P

Maybe this means multiple production problems then.

On a different note, I really should learn to spell “blu-ray” correctly.

jdog
    Participant

Exercise and games don’t mix.

LOL

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’ve actually seen some pretty funny art that has been made depicting the wiimote doing some damage…

If only I could find it again.

jdog
    Participant

There was one on the link in my first post here.

mecha mario
    Participant

… ok no for the person who ACTUALLY owns one to say something if u dont wear the wrist strap tightly things like that are BOUNd to happen and besides if it wasnt for the bowling game we wouldnt have this problem:)

Mr. Wii
    Participant

hmmm… ic ure point btw i typed this on my wii psno problems with bowling game:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.