This topic contains 64 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

@a banana wrote:

Don’t believe me? Look in this thread. There are clearly players in there (at least one admin and one developer included) using a custom interface consisting of a grid overlaid on the minimap for the purpose of assisting in the estimation (calculation?) of shot power.

If you can’t or won’t ignore such non-aim-bot aiming aids, then you need to explain the apparent favouritism where Pam (and maybe other players that the admin team knows about) gets banned, but certain players in here do not get banned (as there’s no rationale to say that one method of interface customisation is any more beneficial than any other method as long as the player isn’t actually using an aim-bot).

I also have nothing against any of the folk I’ve pointed to in the Greatest Games thread, but I do think there’s an apparent inequality or a degree of favouritism going on, which irks me.

Hmm since the aiming aid as you call it from these pics is available from this post(which is 1 of the 3 Sticky posts from the help and troubleshooting section)
    and has been available since 2005
    see post.
    I think the admins have made it clear there feelings about it.

And if you are in doubt about an aid just ask and admins devs and Gavin will give you an idea if they think it is cheating or not.

An example question.

xox
    Participant

So JiNx the almighy himself. You have the guts to ban me yet you play with a grid layered on top of your minimap. Talking about lame… I’ve really had it with this pathetic bunch of “admins”.

My last post… EVER. I quit.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

If I cared, with a modified warp-grid, texture, use of a ruler, tables of distances… I would not miss, ever. You know it’s true.

You wouldn’t know I wasn’t using an aimbot if I chose to abuse such methods. Same goes for countless others.

Really, what would it take to compensate for that 2 or 3 percent practiced legitimate players tend to miss by? Not much.

Like banana said (I think (bittldr)), it’s a grey area. So long as a few of us are seen to be cheating, others will find a way to also cheat.

I’m sure I said that already. Just wanted to highlight it. The method isn’t important.

Anyway, good luck xox. I’m sure it’s for the best, with your, nefarious cheating and such. If I was an admin, I’d lift the ban, and slap you every time I saw you.

That slap feature’s way underused.

If in doubt, give’m a slap.

apache64d
    Participant

Trust the admins LTD, if u were admin and knew everyting u wouldn’t lift the ban. It is that worse.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Nice post Dire.
    Although I am proud I used the warp grid.

The AA jokes we could make.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

a phantom direwolf post. i saw it too.

something about green balls and cheating.

@apache64d wrote:

Trust the admins LTD, if u were admin and knew everyting u wouldn’t lift the ban. It is that worse.

bet you i would. can’t slap/kill/ritually humiliate people if they’re banned from the server.

if these crimes were so serious in nature, apache, it would be irresponsible to not carry the ban through to the forum. so, since it wasn’t (carried through), i choose to believe they weren’t.

worst case, they’re a bunch of cheaters. they’re not the first.

and so you know, most of you admins i wouldn’t trust as far as i could throw.

i do trust a few of you to be mostly rational, mostly predictable assholes, though. and since the few tend to outweigh the many, i probably do mostly trust your consensus/don’t care. (whichever fits).

DireWolf
    Participant

I deleted my post because an admin frowned on it, I still have a copy of it.

if in using the term Assholes, you were referring to me, I dont deserve that kind of treatment, and I will ask you kindly, to refrain from comments like that. thank you in advance.
    -Dire

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

it was a compliment i swear.

: ( making me feel bad.

no, i probably wasn’t referring to you mr direwolf. just making a connection.

admins have a high potential for assholeness is all. that’s not always a bad thing. i’ve always been more inclined to trust a face value asshole.

you know, cards on the table.

Rommel
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

it was a compliment i swear.

: ( making me feel bad.

no, i probably wasn’t referring to you mr direwolf. just making a connection.

admins have a high potential for assholeness is all. that’s not always a bad thing. i’ve always been more inclined to trust a face value asshole.

you know, cards on the table.

WHOO AHH !!!
    I love it!
    That should be your tag line. 😛

Deathbal
    Participant

@xox wrote:

So JiNx the almighy himself. You have the guts to ban me yet you play with a grid layered on top of your minimap. Talking about lame… I’ve really had it with this pathetic bunch of “admins”.

My last post… EVER. I quit.

Are you serious? A warp grid? It’s not worth a hill of beans. As far as your concerned, good day.

Deathbal
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Thanks for your input. I will log this fine statement and keep it safe. Same place I keep my empy packs of ciggarettes and beer cans.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Thanks for your input. I will log this fine statement and keep it safe. Same place I keep my empy packs of ciggarettes and beer cans.

long as you don’t go near my empty packs of cigarettes and beer cans, we’ll have no problems.

[counts beer cans]

(i’m just kidding, dbal. i trust u implicitly)

TheOne
    Participant

Well im done , when people decide to come to there senses and unban me will someone please let me know because i am obviously wasting my time trying to sort this mess out, i have tried contacting numerous admins to help me sort this mess out , until then would someone be so kind to send me a pm to let me know of my unbanning.

This is such a waste of time trying to convince people otherwise.

I know only 2 things

1 i never cheated
    2 No hard evidence has been shown to accuse me of cheating
    ( also this admin poll ) Who actually voted when 5 of the admins i have spoken to didnt even know about the poll ? )

Must have been the ones that never play anymore……

Rommel
    Participant

I can’t tell you when, but you know where.@theone wrote:

Well im done , when people decide to come to there senses and unban me will someone please let me know because i am obviously wasting my time trying to sort this mess out, i have tried contacting numerous admins to help me sort this mess out , until then would someone be so kind to send me a pm to let me know of my unbanning.

This is such a waste of time trying to convince people otherwise.

I know only 2 things

1 i never cheated
    2 No hard evidence has been shown to accuse me of cheating
    ( also this admin poll ) Who actually voted when 5 of the admins i have spoken to didnt even know about the poll ? )

Must have been the ones that never play anymore……

I hope to see you again soon,

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I also hope to play against you again soon One.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.