This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Legion
    Participant

I have a problem on main servers about getting out of a hole when somebody diggers you.
    Even if you have 40 fuel you can only move around in the tiny hole you’re in,and can NEVERget over the top edge of hole to flee the rollers which are coming next shot!!
    Now on Blame Canada,and on APOC Champions you are able to get over the edge of the hole and move away.
    Why cant you do that on main servers???
    Can you fix it so that we can move out of the holes please??
    Thank you very much,
    Legion
    we are many

jdog
    Participant

It is a sever option that let you have a climbing higher.

Legion
    Participant

Well only you(the Administrators) and Gavin Camp are the ones that can change the settings on the main server.

I don’t see how it could be that radical of a change for players.
    Most would probably adjust to it without even giving it a second thought.

Ebonite
    Participant

Actually, not getting out of a hole is the “default” setting, similar to not being able to use fuel to move underwater. The Official servers use the default settings as Gavin prescribes.

Legion
    Participant

Yes,I understand that this is the default setting,but doesnt it make logical sense that if you have enough fuel,you SHOULD be able to extricate yourself from a hole???
    That’s like falling in a well in your back yard and even though there is a rope with a bucket connected to a pulley at the top,you dont ever climb out!!
    You just sit and wait to die.
    Do you think that this seems logical ?
    Because it doesnt to me.
    I’m not asking to travel under water –just to climb out of the well.
    I’m sorry I’m still kind of a noob,but is my request
    really that outrageous? It just makes sense.

Ebonite
    Participant

The thing is, tanks, more so than other vehicles, can’t really drive up vertical surfaces, no matter how much fuel they have. The official servers do allow some forgiveness in terms of slope traversal (up-slope, naturally, as down is never a problem), but if you’re asking for tanks to be allowed to drive up walls, I don’t think it’s going to happen.

BigBear
    Participant

@legion wrote:

Yes,I understand that this is the default setting,but doesnt it make logical sense that if you have enough fuel,you SHOULD be able to extricate yourself from a hole???
    That’s like falling in a well in your back yard and even though there is a rope with a bucket connected to a pulley at the top,you dont ever climb out!!
    You just sit and wait to die.
    Do you think that this seems logical ?
    Because it doesnt to me.
    I’m not asking to travel under water –just to climb out of the well.
    I’m sorry I’m still kind of a noob,but is my request
    really that outrageous? It just makes sense.

You can climb out unless the walls are too steep. Personally I see no reason whatsoever to change the current setting. If you wanna be able to get out anyways, get a tele.

Deathstryker
    Participant

This is the way it was in the original Scorched Earth game. If the hole was too steep, you couldn’t climb it. To be honest, that seems fair to me.

And as BB said, just use a teleport. They aren’t there for no reason, you know 😛

Btw, welcome to the Scorched 3D forums.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

This is the way it was in the original Scorched
    Earth game. If the hole was too steep, you couldn’t climb it. To be honest,
    that seems fair to me.
    And as BB said, just use a teleport. They aren’t there for no reason, you
    know 😛
    Btw, welcome to the Scorched 3D forums.

heh nice one DS.. except for the one tiny-tank in the 2D, it was a bit funny with fuel…

Legion, use riot-blasts propperly to make yourself a slope to climb.

Deathbal
    Participant

I have seen on many occasions tanks moving out of a hole after a digger and away from a sure death by roller. What you are talking about is when you are in a deep hole where the walls are almost 90 degrees in every direction. And that happens maybe 1 of 10 times.

DireWolf
    Participant

I have to admit, I wondered why I could’nt get out either, but DS is right, it makes perfect sense that you would have trouble getting out of a hole, and i agree with the logic in that, but it would be a little more realistic if you never make it out of the hole until the incline of the walls is suitable, it is a bit of tease to make it to the top but not be able to keep going 😕
    I would say lower the area you can move when stuck in a hole “if possible” until the walls of the hole are suitable for passage, keeping the player in the hole without the illusion of brief freedom.
    Hell…… just be glad you are’nt being charged for the extra fuel it would take just to get out of that hole! 😈 also that the fuel prices dont fluctuate like they do in real life 😯

Picci
    Participant

there is something about this that i still see on the canyon map… the one with the big flat brownish mountains….

there is nearly always a player stuck in a small hole on one side of the map… is this done on purpose ?

maybe the position map could be edited and that spot could be removed ?

cbx550f
    Participant

Pix – could you post a screenshot of the location you mean?

Thx

cbx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.