This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jurily
    Participant

Alright, I tried Stone Age. Wasn’t exactly a challenge though… But I can see what fun it would be against better players.

xtc
    Participant

In the past I used to play mods sometimes, I would have played more but they were empty or almost empty too often.

No matter what server we prefer, we all need good company we enjoy, and better players – some real challenge.

Though I’m no-mod player generally, but I liked to play in mods with friends from main (well, not all were friends, lets say – people) – whose playing style and character I knew, was very interesting and entertaining to act and see others act in unusual, unfamiliar environment of mod’s worlds, it was always funny – always when enough people playing.

I think the point is, that online scorching seems to be in crisis now. Many times during last days I had some time, and desire to play, but there were either nobody at all or few people whom I learned already to be much weaker players – whats the point coming just to scare them away, fun neither for me nor for them.

Nobody even on main! And even worse on all other servers in the list. When I have time to play and I see company that is worth playing here, I join, but I dont have enough even of it to go somewhere else, as well as the others probably. If there were so much rush, all 12 seats taken and many more willing to play, people would automatically assemble on some mod. Just one would join, then somebody would see familiar name and there is it. But…

BigBear
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

I think the point is, that online scorching seems to be in crisis now. Many times during last days I had some time, and desire to play, but there were either nobody at all or few people whom I learned already to be much weaker players – whats the point coming just to scare them away, fun neither for me nor for them.

Nobody even on main! And even worse on all other servers in the list. When I have time to play and I see company that is worth playing here, I join, but I dont have enough even of it to go somewhere else, as well as the others probably. If there were so much rush, all 12 seats taken and many more willing to play, people would automatically assemble on some mod. Just one would join, then somebody would see familiar name and there is it. But…

One month into the current stat series there are some 50-60 players that spend 30 mins per day every day on main on the average. That is pretty standard early in a series. The player base has never been big enough to support games 24/7 all the time and the level of activity has always fluctuated. Now is perhaps not one of the most active periods ever, but a calling it a crisis seems a bit premature to me. In any case it’s definately not one of the slower periods I have experienced.

xtc
    Participant

I compare to the times I used to play very much, and now it feels like crisis to me. Always had been observing more people around.

BOY
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

ANOTHER post Thrax?

Just make a single sticky thread with all your moaning, whining and narrow minded thoughts in that and stop. Please.

Most of the players of scorched know about the mods, but just dont feel like playing there often, for their own reasons.

Just because the mods are your passion does not mean everyone shares it.

This is not meant as an attack or to be offensive, its just a… ‘enough already’ post.

to call someone narrow minded, then say not meant to be offensive is a bit narrow minded, I must say.

I can only speak for myself, and guess at the world. I play mods only occasionally, I used to play them quite often, but lately I don’t play at all too much at the servers. Time constraints and stats/friends are the answers I’ll have to go with.

I have always found Thrax’s mods and modded mods are thought provoking and well balanced, I for one think people should play them more.

GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR HEART! 😉

Rommel
    Participant

Here here! In case anyone should misunderstand, that term is used to indicate agreement. Strange as it may seem, the opposite isn’t there there, it’s now now. 😉 @boy wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

ANOTHER post Thrax?

Just make a single sticky thread with all your moaning, whining and narrow minded thoughts in that and stop. Please.

Most of the players of scorched know about the mods, but just dont feel like playing there often, for their own reasons.

Just because the mods are your passion does not mean everyone shares it.

This is not meant as an attack or to be offensive, its just a… ‘enough already’ post.

to call someone narrow minded, then say not meant to be offensive is a bit narrow minded, I must say.

I can only speak for myself, and guess at the world. I play mods only occasionally, I used to play them quite often, but lately I don’t play at all too much at the servers. Time constraints and stats/friends are the answers I’ll have to go with.

I have always found Thrax’s mods and modded mods are thought provoking and well balanced, I for one think people should play them more.

GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR HEART! 😉

I’ve been spending most of my free time working on my mod and hardly play anywhere lately. I played some today using some various graphics settings but someone hit me with a baby missile head shot in a F5 cross wind on their first shot. Sadly, it seems I’m growing fonder of playing ofline against the bots. Perhaps it’s because I expect those kinds of shots from the bots due to the way I have them set them up and play more defensively against them.

Good to see you making the rounds again BOY.

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Here here! In case anyone should misunderstand, that term is used to indicate agreement.

It’s actually “hear hear”.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

smart ass.

i think para’s right though. it’s like, an instruction to listen.

: ) that’s a point.

know where the expression touché comes from? bet u do. i once saw an internet person spell it ‘tooshay’. (far better spelling if u ask me).

Rommel
    Participant

Hay, that was close but knot exactly correct. It’s actually, Hear! Hear!@parasti wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Here here! In case anyone should misunderstand, that term is used to indicate agreement.

Of course, you are correct about the homophone. If you wood bee sew kind as two expound upon the now now, now, I can sea if you are deserving of the prize I had in mind. I’m afraid that eye can’t award yew the prize unless ewe dew.

Good luck,

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hay, that was close but knot exactly correct. It’s actually, Hear! Hear!@parasti wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Of course, you are correct about the homophone. If you wood bee sew kind as two expound upon the now now, now, I can sea if you are deserving of the prize I had in mind. I’m afraid that eye can’t award yew the prize unless ewe dew.

Good luck,

Rommel

Oh Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Touche’ is a fenching term. I think it means, “HEY DAMN IT, BE CAREFUL WITH THAT BARBED WIRE! YOU JUST CUT ME! 😉 @laptops Daddy wrote:

smart ass.

i think para’s right though. it’s like, an instruction to listen.

: ) that’s a point.

know where the expression touché comes from? bet u do. i once saw an internet person spell it ‘tooshay’. (far better spelling if u ask me).

Yes, he was correct, and yes, you are too. Hear! Hear!, if used in the proper context, can mean listen up instead of I agree.

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

If you wood bee sew kind as two expound upon the now now, now, I can sea if you are deserving of the prize I had in mind. I’m afraid that eye can’t award yew the prize unless ewe dew.

You can keep the prize. I’m afraid that up until now I had never seen or heard anyone call “now, now” the opposite of “hear, hear”.

Rommel
    Participant

Tsk-tsk.@parasti wrote:

@rommel wrote:

If you wood bee sew kind as two expound upon the now now, now, I can sea if you are deserving of the prize I had in mind. I’m afraid that eye can’t award yew the prize unless ewe dew.

You can keep the prize. I’m afraid that up until now I had never seen or heard anyone call “now, now” the opposite of “hear, hear”.

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Tsk-tsk.

Rommel

Sounds like fightin talk to me…

Kick his dictionary Para.

Rommel
    Participant

No, not fighting words, at least I hope not.@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Tsk-tsk.

Rommel

Sounds like fightin talk to me…

Kick his dictionary Para.

However, in an international community it’s easy for things that mean one thing to you to mean something entirely different to someone else due to geographic location and culture.

When I was in Venezuela I was giving the OK hand signal for a couple of weeks before one of the hotel “ladies” (Valentina) informed me that this wasn’t a good thing to do. As she explained it, the OK sign has 3 different meanings and none of them are OK to do in public as all 3 meanings reference the discharge end of the alimentary canal.

The most common meaning is an insult. It means you are one. The remaining 2 are signals that homosexual males use to incidate preference. Not being a homosexual and not wanting to end up in jail in Venezuela, I used the (Roman ?) thumb up hand signal to indicate OK for the remainder of my trip. 😉

If tsk-tsk, or tsk-tsk-tsk, is a double entendre with a hateful meaning where any of you are I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone. (Insert OK hand singnal here). 😉

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.