This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

I’m getting the distinct feeling that Scorched players are avoiding
    variety purposefully.

Of a world containing over 3 billion pc-capable humans, approx 8 different
    humans have played a mod in the last month.

What is everyone’s supposed ‘Excuse’ for not wishing to see the true
    effort that gavin has put into this game?

Poll time.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I have no excuse Thrax and I have visited many mods at different times. I get caught up in the stats race and don’t visit mods enough. My kids are mod players when they do their chores and I too will be someday again. Right now I visit the “second server on the list” too much I’m sure. Soon waiting is waiting for fullness and I will be there again.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I’d go for a combination of 1, 4, 5 and 6.

I’d possibly have included 2 a year ago. But having seen some of the more recent stuff, I have more… respect (said grudgingly : )

I’m pretty sure ‘3’ has come up too. Could you add an ‘all of the above’?

Thrax
    Participant

Solutions.. feel free to discuss.
    1. “All my friends are here!” …
    — Invite them to join you in a party elsewhere..
    people collect where they see others playing.

2. I feel that mods are simply corruptions of Gavins work.
    — Gavin has spent years adding more capacity than is ever seen in the
    default, Why would he do that unless he wanted variety to be created.

3. Someone in the Mains told me Mods are dumb.
    — Whoever it was.. is too scared to face a real challange.

4. I do play mods.. Just only once a year.
    — consider tourneys other than x-mas or mcb..
    Pick a mod. Practice it. Then call out those too afraid to face you..

5. I think that balanced defences and weapon variety is wrong!
    — Mods are only as good as the players responces.
    If there’s something in them you think is unfair.. Tell us! We aim to please.

6. They take more than 12 seconds to download / I can’t find them!?
    http://advguild.myftp.org:8080/scorched.html Set them to download
    while you sleep, and have a wicked collection in the morning. If you
    don’t see it.. i’ll fix it.

edit: More as responces start appearing..

And yes.. i put it in general so that i’m not tempted to delete insulting
    or derrogatory comments.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

ANOTHER post Thrax?

Just make a single sticky thread with all your moaning, whining and narrow minded thoughts in that and stop. Please.

Most of the players of scorched know about the mods, but just dont feel like playing there often, for their own reasons.

Just because the mods are your passion does not mean everyone shares it.

This is not meant as an attack or to be offensive, its just a… ‘enough already’ post.

Deathbal
    Participant

For me, it’s #1 and I don’t have any desire to stray from what I already know. I’m an old dog. I just go to where i am most comfortable.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

For me, it’s #1 and I don’t have any desire to stray from what I already know. I’m an old dog. I just go to where i am most comfortable.

+1 Deathball
    im join to your opinion
    but
    in MCB server i feels comfortable too, but (for now i hope) only with bots….
    cmon ppl..LETS MCBING!

BigBear
    Participant

The only option that fits at all would be 1. However, were everyone I know to start playing a mod I didn’t like for example I would not follow suit for that reason alone.

Now, why do you insist on these silly polls? Had you presented some qualitative options you might have gotten some good feedback. I have told you before and I will tell you again. If you want positive feedback you have to take ppls opinions more seriously. For example asking “what is your excuse for not playing mods” implies that your mods are perfect and that the problem lies with the players. Now this is just my opinion, but that seems like a really stupid way of getting meaningful feedback. I don’t have anything against mods and I think it’s commendable that you guys spend so much time and effort to create new content for this awesome game. That said, if you are going to treat me like a fool I will as always respond in kind! Shape it up!!!

gf1024
    Participant

I think some mods have too many overpowered weapons that’s all. Oh and everyone’s on the main s3d server 🙂

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Thrax:

Being a big fan of the Apocalypse and Apocalypse Extreme mods, I really can’t, in good conscience, vote.

Although I don’t see this as an option; Perhaps it’s due to the malicious code that mods have been reported to contain. I’m sure that I’ve read some posts from one of the admins that indicated that visiting mods can be dangerous and that mods can contain malicious code.

It seems like Gavin stepped in and said malicious code isn’t a problem but I guess it’s possible that the players think Gavin is hiding something and the other guy knows more than he’s telling.

Good luck,

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

A mod is much like a different game with a similar basic set of rules. Everything else, tactics, aiming, estimation of distances, weapons and defences, etc, is different. One of the things I enjoy most about gaming is becoming proficient at a game. I have been playing the standard “mod” for over a year and I am still learning its quirks. I can handle Apoc at a mediocre level once or twice in six months, but mentally keeping track of a half a dozen mods while still having fun doesn’t sound very feasible to me.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

wow, thrax, you really take some shit on these forums.

nothing wrong with a little self mod promotion. if you cant blow your own trumpet, who else is going to?

it’s all tongue-in-cheek, and bbear was too harsh. (no disrespect mr bbear, sir).

if i was you, thrax, i’d corner the bstds one by one and make them play it.

i don’t think there’s much danger in downloading mods. it’s all just image and text files.

i have found mods tend to negate my advantage a bit (yes i have an advantage).
    i haven’t decided whether that’s good or bad. i do like to win occasionally.

Deathbal
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

A mod is much like a different game with a similar basic set of rules. Everything else, tactics, aiming, estimation of distances, weapons and defences, etc, is different. One of the things I enjoy most about gaming is becoming proficient at a game. I have been playing the standard “mod” for over a year and I am still learning its quirks. I can handle Apoc at a mediocre level once or twice in six months, but mentally keeping track of a half a dozen mods while still having fun doesn’t sound very feasible to me.

I agree with this. I’ve been on the mcb server. And i’d go to mods that are very similar. For example……the same game but with all different maps. But I have little desire to re-learn weapons, tactics and stuff like that.

BigBear
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

nothing wrong with a little self mod promotion. if you cant blow your own trumpet, who else is going to?

it’s all tongue-in-cheek, and bbear was too harsh. (no disrespect mr bbear, sir).

Very true. If you have a mod and you want ppl to play it you have to honk the horn. There are different ways of attracting attention though is all I am saying. Evidently trying this old whining tactic time and time again has produced err well nothing. Well 8 players in a month, but that is meager at best. Harsh? Hmmm in any case that’s my opinion and I stand by it. Thrax never listened to me before on this subject and doesn’t have to and prolly won’t this time either.

Jurily
    Participant

Missing options:

1. I don’t feel I’m good enough for that yet
    2. I tend to go where people are actually playing. Getting beat up by a bot with a weapon I’m not familiar with is just irritating.
    3. Stats.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.