This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jeronimo
    Participant

Yes guys, I’m reading the tips and advices (the game’s theory).

If a tournament would take place… which would be the settings.
    >Starting cash, round interest, banned combos, lives, wind?, etc.

I’d like to recreate the parameters, while I’m playing offline.. you know.. to really practise for tournament (tough with the cyborgs bots).

I play several other games and always try to play as better as possible.

Off topic question: I read about “Old/New Sight”… what is the meaning of CBX?
    when steep terrain is very close to the tank, the old sight can help prevent suicides with rollers (aka ‘CBX’) by helping to be sure that the launch trajectory clears the nearby terrain.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@jeronimo wrote:

Yes guys, I’m reading the tips and advices (the game’s theory).

If a tournament would take place… which would be the settings.
    >Starting cash, round interest, banned combos, lives, wind?, etc.

I’d like to recreate the parameters, while I’m playing offline.. you know.. to really practise for tournament (tough with the cyborgs bots).

I play several other games and always try to play as better as possible.

Off topic question: I read about “Old/New Sight”… what is the meaning of CBX?
    when steep terrain is very close to the tank, the old sight can help prevent suicides with rollers (aka ‘CBX’) by helping to be sure that the launch trajectory clears the nearby terrain.

It’s unknown what the settings will be or even who’ll be organising it.

The last (non-team) tournament was an MCB tourney (Missiles, paraChutes and Batteries only) with variable wind, changing every shot, 10 moves per round, 10 rounds per match.
    If I remember correctly it was 2 groups of players, each player had a match against every other player (1v1) with the top two going through to the semi finals, the winner of each then went on to face each other in the final.

Money was… enough. MCB doesn’t require much money at all, so that’s irrelevant.

Here’s a link to the tournament thread for the last one (excluding the failed team tournament).
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5373&hilit=tournament
    Please note that the link in the first post is dead. We’re aware of it and it’s being looked into. Believe it died in one of the upgrades.

Unless you’ve been playing a while offline, then I don’t really recommend signing up for a tourney, people are far tougher than bots and some of those that have shown interest are gods among men round these parts. The only viable practice is against people really!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘tournaments’ is closed to new topics and replies.