This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Stil8 9 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Black-Rose
    Participant

…. cause I’m tired of it…

Irishbandit
    Participant

You can keep it.

xtc
    Participant

Huh, you have not so much snow there… take a look at what we’ve got.

Deathstryker
    Participant

That picture doesn’t even make sense… Everywhere else in that scene has very little snow except that one area…

It’s really just a few inches over a rock cliff isn’t it?

Rommel
    Participant

It’s the same with the others as well … @deathstryker wrote:

That picture doesn’t even make sense… Everywhere else in that scene has very little snow except that one area…

It’s really just a few inches over a rock cliff isn’t it?

… check the roofs of the houses. They snow was pshed up into piles to clear the streets and driveways.

xtc
    Participant

LOL
    I thought have thought that people simply wouldn’t believe that.

Sorry I really cant even approach to understanding of what you have seen in this pic.
    Thats just a 4+ meters snowdrifts, nothing else. As you see the snow is pretty dirty – thats because they sand roads against icing up. So dark stripes represent the borders between different layers of snow.

Surely I took the most impressive one. In other places we have a bit less of snow.

Take a look at these.

The one in the center of the town is made from place that should actually be pavement – about 10 cm higher above the road level.
    Dozer’s height is 3+ m.

And where the snow is pushed into piles… they are 6-7 meters and higher, but mostly they dont do – because no space for such piles; they use a machine that directly loads snow into dump-trucks.

comedown
    Participant

And I’ve been whining about being cold… I suddenly feel very warm.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Damn, that’s an old bulldozer.

Stil8
    Participant

Ooohh, all this snow, i hate it, I wish Global Warming would hit soon and melt it all. Then my life will be complete.

kowal
    Participant

you can send some of those snows here. i bet they’ll melt in less than a minute.

been very hot this month. i can literally feel my skin burn when the sunlight touch my skin.

you want a global warming Stil^^8, come here. i’m sure you won’t last a day.

Stil8
    Participant

@kowal wrote:

you can send some of those snows here. i bet they’ll melt in less than a minute.

been very hot this month. i can literally feel my skin burn when the sunlight touch my skin.

you want a global warming Stil^^8, come here. i’m sure you won’t last a day.

From that description, I assume you have no ozone layer above yourself, I would love to come, but I need ozone to survive. (Have 100 severe thunderstorms and I will be more than happy to pack up and leave this backwater country I live in.)

Global Warming=Change that will destroy a few species and create new ones.
    Ozone Depletion=Change that will kill us all and destroy everything.

bazzz
    Participant

Global Warming=Change that will destroy a few species and create new ones.
    Ozone Depletion=Change that will kill us all and destroy everything.

Neither of those is likely to kill us all, ozone depletion is a simple and obvious problem compared to global warming. The mechanism is well understood and the solution is a slight adjustment in the chemicals we produce, we replaced cfc for stuff that doesnt eat our beautiful ozone.
    The result is that ozone depletion has slowed down, but cfcs take 50-100 years to break down so the final effect we only know in the future.

Global warming is a different problem, and so much more complicated too.We do not fully know the mechanism ,only that its almost certain linked to the extra carbon we dig up from deep underground.To change that we have to change our way of thinking as almost everything we do depends on that cheap and easy carbon.Once the carbon has been taken out it will take thousands of years for it to return to the ground.The biggest problem will be to convince to leave it in the ground as we depend on it at the moment, we could change that but it is going to be a huge effort.
    As for the effects- we have no clue what will happen, we change the balance of the atmosphere it will find a new balance with effects that are unknown,but likely it will be more extreme weather and droughts are projected troughout most of the world.This could result in a destabilised world where today looks like paradise.
    If you dont like the cold buy yourself a tropical island but make sure its well above sealevel. 😛

Stil8
    Participant

Now look here, global warming isn’t a problem. It is a step forward into evolution, that will benefit evolution.

Another thing is that humans should stop investing in the following things:
    1. Weapons, bombs, Nukes, the Tsar Bomba ad others.
    2. Commercials, advertisements, and TV. (really, ever since I got my PC, I stopped noticing that TV exists.)
    3. Global Warming and World Hunger activism…(feeding famine-suffering people only helps the overpopulation issues Earth has.)

And what humans should invest in:
    1. Space Exploration, and some very mild defense tools.
    2. Robots, under complete human control, that the only thing they can do by themselves is to move.
    These robots should do all the chores that humans usually do. Only a couple of people will have to work to control the robots, but that is all, everyone else will be free to do as they wish.
    3. Life, and Death prevention research, such as immortality, undetectable nociception (physical pain) and such.

If people do that, then there is an Utopian society waiting for ALL in the future.

bazzz
    Participant

I looked there ,now you look somewhere i looked.

Sorry if i dont agree with you but if you say global warming isnt a problem i wonder where you got that information. But i would rather go what the overwhelming majority of climate scientists tell us. If you can find the time to investigate look at the statements some scientific organisations have made:

“A Growing Threat to Society”

AAAS Board of Directors Statement on Climate Change: “The scientific evidence is clear,” the AAAS Board says in a new statement. “Global climate change caused by human activities…is a growing threat to society.” The statement was approved on 9 December 2006 and released on 18 February at the AAAS Annual Meeting in San Francisco.

AAAS Urges Support for Earth-Observation Satellites: U.S. budget cuts are threatening satellites essential for weather forecasting, hurricane warnings, climate change studies and more, the AAAS Board of Directors said in a 28 April 2007 statement.

also: http://www7.nationalacademies.org/ocga/testimony/Global_Climate_Change_Policy_and_Budget_Review.asp

If you like to call them scaremongerers feel free but if you want to know more watch http://wonderingmind42.com/?page=1 its called The most terrifying video youll ever see and i must agree on most things he talks about.Its a rational way of looking at the facts about global warming.
    Actually I DARE YOU to watch the whole 7 hours where he covers every aspect and even gives you a solution. And best of all you dont have to agree with him, he encourages people to think for themselves.

Then i would like to have a educated and rational discussion with you about global warming.

The points you raise altough they make not much sense regarding the global warming debate,they are interesting things to think about and i may agree with some of the things you think about them but to group them into a do and don`t list to dismiss the point i raised is just not helpfull.

I look forward to improve your understanding of the subject.

highest regards,bazzz

Stil8
    Participant

Watched first 1 minute of those 7 hours, got bored and hit the red “X” button.
    You win that dare! 😛

But, my ideas about climate change and global warming come from my point of view and I will post a more organized compilation of my global warming ideas very soon 😛 .

As for your PM, I am not going to converse with you about Ted and Artificial Intelligence in the near future.

I look forward to having a civilized argument about this topic 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.