This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cambo 14 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Cambo
    Participant

I’m thinking of updating some of the tanks in higher detail…

Which tank do you use/want updated?

Cam

Schrubber
    Participant

Other: B. M. 13 (Stalin’s Organ)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

T-55 already looks great, but I just love those tanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Knochi
    Participant

I would like to see german tanks… like Leopard or WWII models like Tiger or Panzer Brummbรคr ๐Ÿ˜†

In the Moment i prever the Wespe (german desert tank)

stonecoldah1
    Participant

I myself use the M1A1 the most. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I also like the Padalin Artillery Tank.

By the way, is there another program besides 3DSMAX that I can use to create tank models? If there is, what is it?

SpAwN
    Participant

I use the Hawk missles when I play… so, Other. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cambo
    Participant

There is support for a new model format in the CVS code right now (Milkshape).

You can use Milkshape3d to do models, but we’re still working on a few peculiarities….. Textures still should be a 256×256 bmp.

Just make models like normal, (with 3 parts, a base, a gun, and a turret… naming conventions still apply) then export them to milkshape3d ASCII text format. You then have to place an entry in the tanks.xml file in the scorched3d/data directory (see the file for an example).

Hope this quick explanation doesn’t confuse you too much ๐Ÿ™‚

Cam

stonecoldah1
    Participant

Hey thanks for the info. I understood every word you said. I think i’ll try to make some models that resemble some of the tanks from Warzone2100. http://www.pumpkin-2.co.uk if anyone’s interested. (First though i’ve got to figure out milkshape3d!)

Cambo
    Participant

hmmm….
    I’ve been having texturing issues lately (tweaking the engine to fix them, and the offset turret problem) So I’ve just textured these models all white for now.

But here’s some shots of the new high def models I’ve been doing:
    (Based off of a Battle ship turret)
    (Bradley fighting vechicle)

(Towed Artillery)

Polycount on these new models is in the 700-800 range.

Questions/comments welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Cam

Ebonite
    Participant

Comment: looking good!

Question: since these are islands, what are the chances of adding naval vessels for placement in the water? Sure, they would be harder to hit for most current weapons, if at all, but they could be handicapped by doubling/tripling their fuel costs and denying them defence shields, etc. Maybe they could be a bot-only option so they don’t get abused. But think of all the potential new weapons! Airburst concussion missiles, ASROC based torpedo delivery systems, and more.

Yes, this idea is hardly faithful to the original, and any implementation would be a lng ways off, but just curious if the team would even consider it.

Cambo
    Participant

Currently in the cvs there’s a model that I did for a raft… kinda the opposite of the parachute…. buy the option and when you land in the water the raft deploys.

That being said it would require a significant amount of work through-out the engine, and it’s on the todo list. It’s just that Gavin hasn’t had enough time to get to that yet.

Cam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.