This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

Do projectile and there counterparts get to use ambient, diffuse, specular, and emissive lighting from MilkShape3d?

The picture below shows the my new rollers in game 🙁 and in milkshape.

Left picture is in game and right picture is in milkshape.

You can see the differences in how they look.

cbx550f
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Do projectile and there counterparts get to use ambient, diffuse, specular, and emissive lighting from MilkShape3d?

The picture below shows the my new rollers in game 🙁 and in milkshape.

Left picture is in game and right picture is in milkshape.

You can see the differences in how they look.

Wow – those do look crappy in the game. Scorched does use all of those with the exception of specularity (correct me if I’m wrong here).

Try cranking up the ambient and diffuse up to about 0.8

HTH

jdog
    Participant

I got all four, of all four, cranked up to 255 of 255.

cbx550f
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Does that result in the values showing up as 1.0 in the resulting .txt file? (Not sure – I’ve never used MilkShape) The values are between 0 and 1 in the .txt

Edit: Also, do they have a texture image?

jdog
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@jdog wrote:

Does that result in the values showing up as 1.0 in the resulting .txt file? (Not sure – I’ve never used MilkShape) The values are between 0 and 1 in the .txt

Edit: Also, do they have a texture image?

I think it does, never really looked in the file to look at that part, just texture paths. ( I have all of the 4 lightings to max in milkshape.)

Yes it does have textures. Right picture the two 32×32 pictures, one is marked spike and the other is marked body.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Open a model that looks ok ingame in milkshape, check the material settings. There is something (I can never remember what) that you have to set right or everything looks all washed out. Also, try opening the milkshape.txt model in a text editor and going to the bottom, you will see your textures there. Compare them to a few working .txt models and you will see which you need to change there (change them in the text editor then reopen in milkshape).

jdog
    Participant

Did some tests and far as I can tell, the game ignores lighting settings for projectile models. 🙁

jdog
    Participant

I also just realized that sphere mapping seems be ignored on the spikes too.

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Dunno if you’re aware, but the milkshape ASCII format doesn’t support sphere mapping. You have to manually edit the file and change the texture name so that S3D will use sphere mapping on that texture. Just add sphere_ to the beginning of the texture name you want to sphere map and Scorched3D will use it. If it supports it on projectiles that is.

jdog
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@jdog wrote:

Dunno if you’re aware, but the milkshape ASCII format doesn’t support sphere mapping. You have to manually edit the file and change the texture name so that S3D will use sphere mapping on that texture. Just add sphere_ to the beginning of the texture name you want to sphere map and Scorched3D will use it. If it supports it on projectiles that is.

DOH! Thanks for reminding me that. I remember now Gavin telling us this.

jdog
    Participant

Using sphere_ on the texture fixed it and it looking good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.