This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 14 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Thinkit
    Participant

I’d like to contribute financially to the game. Is there a way I can donate? Paypal would be nice.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A few people have now asked if they can donate. I just thought it sounded cheeky to set up a method to dontate as I don’t expect it at all. 🙂

Whats the usual format for open source project dontations, I guess I could put the money towards the equipment and software people on the team use.

Anonymous
    Participant

I personally think that you really shouldn’t give him any money. He makes far too much money already 😉 .

Oh and don’t believe that “I just thought it sounded cheeky” nonsense 🙄

Thinkit
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

A few people have now asked if they can donate. I just thought it sounded cheeky to set up a method to dontate as I don’t expect it at all. 🙂

Whats the usual format for open source project dontations, I guess I could put the money towards the equipment and software people on the team use.

I’m serious about it. Even if you were a billionaire or whatever, what I want is to be able to donate for a work that I like, purely on how good I think it is. Obviously, money corrupts things, and you’d have to work out the system. Maybe you could donate then back to the contributers. Maybe you could set up specific contracts for what to do.

I envision games with production values as big as any commercial title that are funded with donations.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I personally think that you really shouldn’t give him any money. He makes far too much money already .

Oh and don’t believe that “I just thought it sounded cheeky” nonsense

Hi Greg, bored are we? 🙂

It is true though I do earn more then Greg, we were both layed off at the same time. But I got a job and instead he went to las vegas 😀

imported_gcamp
    Participant

If I set up a donation service (paypal etc.) what would make this software different from shareware?

Anonymous
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

If I set up a donation service (paypal etc.) what would make this software different from shareware?

Simple, it’s not crippled. Shareware is usually crippled in some way (limited time, can’t save). It would still be freeware (actually tipware).

Anonymous
    Participant

Not only did I go to Vegas but I have now blagged my way back to being a student again for 3 years. You have to admit, it is kind of impressive 😀

Quaoar
    Participant

It would be more like ‘you-may-pay-some-money-if-you-truly-like-the-game’ game.

Which is a good way of doing things. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just in case people still want to donate I have set up a paypall donation account (no pressure 🙂 ).

People can donate by clicking on the paypal picture at the bottom of the page.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.