This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  fab4 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

fab4
    Participant

Windows users have been playing version 37.x since March 27. It’s now more than 2 months later and still no version 37 for OSX! Is anyone actively working on porting it to OSX?

jspoon
    Participant

Today, I saw scorched3d pop up on macgamefiles.com and my heart leapt. It turned out to be v36.2 though.

In the first few weeks it looked like there were 2 or 3 people working on it, wish someone would finish it before v38 rolls around.

fab4
    Participant

I have a feeling the OSX port is almost done, but nobody’s talkin. Wallyfo sent me a preliminary version back on April 26 – but I couldn’t get it to run on my system (though it DID run on his). He said he just need to change some file dependencies and recompile it and it should run. That was on April 26…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’ve just finished it so check the downloads page again 🙂
    Its only a tar.gz file at the moment so you will need to extract it and run it from the command line. But everything in the game be functional.

There is also a new setting in the options to invert the mouse for when playing in a window.

Note: I dont have a mac so I haven’t tested it personally.

jspoon
    Participant

Thanks! Sounds plenty good for me, I launched off the command line on v36 about half the time anyway.

Since it’s untested I’ll let someone else download it first. I’m on dial-up and I’d hate to tie up the phones for an afternoon just to find it doesn’t work.

Anyway, thanks again, something to do this weekend yay.

fab4
    Participant

Wow – version 37.2 works great. Thanks Gcamp. Played a few games online – everything works perfectly!

Anonymous
    Participant

I just downloaded the tar.gz file, uncompressed it and tried to run from the command-line, but I get the following error:
    Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

This is the first time I’ve tried scorched earth. Any ideas how to get it running? Im on a 2×1.25 G4, OSX 10.3.4

thanks!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve just posted an update to macgamefiles.com

fab4
    Participant

FYI the OSX version also works fine with the Apoc 1.4 mod at http://www.handwired.net

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.