This topic contains 123 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

id like to see some inspections of the united states, western europe and the far east. bet you there are secret bunkers and orbital facilities brimming with ethically questionable black projects. how dare they.

iran are entitled to have classified technology same as any other country, and they know it.

i really wonder how much of all this is total nonsense, red herrings and propaganda. it wouldnt surprise me at all if the answer was most of it. it just doesnt add up.

ps:
    boy, ty for adding a vote option i wouldnt feel dirty putting my name to. nice to see a few more options.

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

Laptop, for what it’s worth, Hillary Clinton has authorized the Russians to tour the US nuclear facilities. LOL.

Secondly, I was accused of making this thread appear to want a war. That is not the case. While I remain convinced that a war has already been decided to happen at very high levels, I was glad to add options that are not so pessimistic.

Rommel
    Participant

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@boy wrote:

…I was accused of making this thread appear to want a war. That is not the case. While I remain convinced that a war has already been decided to happen at very high levels…

i assumed, i assumed and i assumed

@rommel wrote:

It seems that Laptops Daddy was voting for I Don’t Believe It Will Happen, not Indifferent.

of course. thanks rommel.

maybe people are just indifferent to carelessly crafted sketchy internet polls. but yes, my vote was an i dont think ‘the war’ will happen. a war motivated by any of the suggestions in the vote option list would likely have repercussions going way beyond irans borders. i cant imagine “the iran war” would cover it.

BOY
    Participant

carelessly crafted and sketchy? Well, yes, of course it is! 😆

It is noteworthy that my tack is one of joking about war, that was duly pointed out as well. However, we already know that protesting war is of little use, unless you exclusively count personal moral value. Humor however, has a way of waking people up to the truth in a gentle way, gives you pause for thought in a less obtrusive way than say… a hunger strike at the top of a telephone pole in protest.

For instance, “late” :^o comedian Bill Hicks. Look him up on youtube. Good stuff.

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Sunday, October 25, 2009

International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors are on the ground inside of Iran and are preparing to start inspections. Does this mean an end to the war drums? No, not if recent history is a valid indicator. In fact, it seems that the more a nation conceeds to the demands of the U.S. (compare Iraq to North Korea) the more likely they are to be bombed and invaded. We can not start the next phase of this war until we are sure that Iran doesn’t have any devastating weapons hidden. The bad news is that it won’t take long to get the “all clear.”

If a nuclear free middle east is what the world wants, then Israel must open it’s borders to these inspections and they must do it now.

I highly doubt the US. will be sending ground troops into Iran anytime soon. or anytime at all. That is just my opinion based on Iraq. Obama certainly won’t do it without some major attack linked directly to Iran. And God help and future Republican that starts war with Iran. That will end the party completely.

On nukes in the middle east. Now before I start I want to make it clear that I am not taking sides on this issue. I am simply stating my opinion on the matter.

I am not so sure the world wants a nuke free middle east as much as the US and Israel want a nuke free mid east. The US. will probably not support a nuke free Israel. They will be the acception. Just like the US is the acception on the western hemisphere. Remember, Israel is an ally of the US and are considered “trusted” with nukes. The US. likes to flex it’s muscles on countries they do not trust. Israel is not one of them.

I am simply pointing out the mindset behind what is considered hypocracy. It is a matter of friend or foe and a matter of trust.

BOY
    Participant

It seems like a good time to bring this topic back up.

Will Isreal attack, or not? They seem to want us to believe that they will.

Is Syria going to be the tipping point?

Spectrum
    Participant

honestly Israel will do what is in their best interest. The question is will we have the balls to stand with them?

BOY
    Participant

hey there, what are you up to? How is that lovely family of yours?

Raden
    Participant

Iran is the biggest Syiah muslim nation and the strongest military wise (which is nothing to shout about when compared to Israel and the US) To attack and weaken it means the more populous Sunni muslim in that region will gain the upper hand in the conflict between both parties. Though I doubt that the Sunni in that region have the motivation to unite and fight against a common enemy, it seems even more unlikely that they will unite with the Syiah against another common enemy. It is sort of an uneasy truce between both parties that prevent there being a full scale war between them. The balance of military power between the Syiah and Sunni must be kept at an optimum level so as to not allow one or the other to be too powerful. By being equally balanced, no side will gain the upperhand in their own personal battles. This will mean a sustained state of conflict in between the two muslim sects, thus not allowing each or both to prosper and advance. Divide and conquer. Maybe its high time they did unite…all of them in that region…at least a show of strength and solidarity, united to settle the Palestine-Israel issue, which is the real issue/sore point in that region. So do I think Iran will be attacked? It depends…once the US and Israel know for a fact that the Arab nations and other muslim nations will be sitting and watching on the side…only then will they make a move.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I just see it that either there is no God (whatever the name given), or it’s such an evil enitity that it should certainly not be worshipped.

How many more people have to die / live isolated, persocuted lives before it turns up and says who’s right, to settle all the disputes?

Then again, the warmongers ould just find something else to war over, America / Britain’s managed it enough times over the years!

Raden
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I just see it that either there is no God (whatever the name given), or it’s such an evil enitity that it should certainly not be worshipped.

Almighty means mighty in all aspects, good or bad, but who is to decide what is good or bad for a creation unless He has complete knowledge of the purpose of it’s existence in the first place. We are but a speck of dust of a pawn on a chessboard so huge that it is incomprehensible to imagine…whatever he has planned for each and everyone of us in our lifetime will be justly rewarded, not based on our perception of justice, but His’s, again, as He is the all-knowing.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

How many more people have to die / live isolated, persocuted lives before it turns up and says who’s right, to settle all the disputes?

Again, to each his own, the oppressor, the oppressed, the killer, the killed, the persecutor, the persecutored, the guilty, the innocent…all will get what is due to them, if not here in this Existence, then most definitely in the next phase of Existence. The question of how many does not arise here, if we realize this concept.

So..bringing up God in this thread is really going off topic, but I felt I needed to answer your rhetoric questions, Peanut, my friend….now back to the topic,
    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

Then again, the warmongers ould just find something else to war over, America / Britain’s managed it enough times over the years!

I hope there be no war, but, you and I know, it’s a hopeless hope..

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I still doubt it’ll happen. I think it’s all bluster. I don’t think there’s any country or group of countries that could win a war with Iraq without changing face of the planet.

Israel isn’t going to start a war with Iran one on one, they’d stand no chance. The US won’t intervene, they’re on their second strike already. I don’t think Europe have quite the same obligation.

They need to drop the bravado and all that religious nonsense, both sides, all sides, and work on finding some common ground. Iran are entitled to their nukes and prophets, Israel are entitled to their god. It’d be nice to see a couple of civilised countries like that lead the way in the world and show a bit of class.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.