This topic contains 123 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Raden
    Participant

@boy wrote:

The people elect someone who is, essentially a double agent. The agent sells the contry to someone else, uses his poewer to give away sovereignty to say… The UN. The UN then uses this guise to control world affairs.

The UN is not a correct example to use. They don’t have the balls to control the USA’s foreign policy, what more world affairs.

@boy wrote:

I already explained the ordinary people don’t want war, they just want safety. The ordinary people are just like sheep. Afraid. They are manipulated and they only BELIEVE they have any power. The ordinary people have no power. They are no better than a mob. Even when they try to steer the ship in the right direction there is no one to do it.

Then arise then you ordinary people of the US. Lets hear your voices out loud. Shout it to the world that war is not what you want. But as far as I know, there are still soldiers in Afghan and Iraq and possibly increasing in numbers soon 🙁

@boy wrote:

President of Iran is a puppet, Obama is a Puppet, everything is a distraction. The real goal is to take everything we own away. War is a tool to achieve that, pass more taxes, increase unemployment. Make Governments more powerful.

Mostly true for the US …not really a worldwide epidemic, not everyone is at war. It seems like a cycle for the US, war every few years…to increase unemployment you say?..or to increase employment and boost the economy? Arms selling seems like a very lucrative business in times of war, and contracts awarded to certain ‘companies’ to ‘bring back’ a certain level of normalcy (is that what they’re doing?) is also very lucrative to certain people too…or certain governments. War was a tool that created so much misery and suffering in Iraq, and their government never wanted war in the first place. Yeah it was inevitable, but not of their doing.

I remember how it was prior to the 2nd Gulf war, I was there in the US and everyday on the TV channels was what I perceived as propaganda to brainwash anyone watching so as to believe that going to war was the correct thing to do. So where are the WMD? Al Qaeda in Iraq? all proven to be untrue….and yet no one up till today has been brought to court for this gross injustice. Don’t expect other countries or the world court to do much, but at least the the US government or its citizens should make some sort of acknowledgement and act on these ‘war criminals’ so as to tell the world that the ‘world’s police’ is not practising double standards.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@raden wrote:

I was there in the US and everyday on the TV channels was what I perceived as propaganda to brainwash anyone watching so as to believe that going to war was the correct thing to do.

that would make a really interesting poll, but i dont think we have enough regulars for it to be worth it.

a poll something like this?

which news tv channel/video feed/website do you most often make use of?

fox, cnn, abc or sky, bbc in the uk (and so on)

and how much faith do you have in the stories reported?

a lot – they wouldnt report things if they werent true
      some – reports often seem a little biased, but i trust that most of whats reported is accurate
      not much – there is clear bias and some stories are obviously misrepresented
      none – its mostly nonsense, the channel is a puppet of the government/corporation

to start (if we can treat this thread as a mini-poll). i keep my eye on the bbc more than any other (mainly because their site technology/budget is superior and its nice and easy) and im a not much, bordering on none.

(youd prob ask why i dont switch. i usually find it gives me the gist and dont mind reading between the lines and/or doing my own research)

ps:
    just in case no one has heard. did you know obama has been awarded the nobel peace prize? (mostly for not being george bush, from what i gather)

BOY
    Participant

In any case, I’ll add another option to the poll, just for you Raden. 🙂

BOY
    Participant

So where are the WMD? Al Qaeda in Iraq?

Raden, for me this is just a boring argument.

I no longer believe there is any Al Qaeda. I’ll explain.

1 year after the bombings I was fairly convinced that Bin Laden was already dead, yet we kept the idea of him alive for a while to keep the war effort tip top. I was fine with that for a few years.

After a 8 years of killing the number 2 leader of Al Qeada about 5 times in a row, I realized I was right. Bin Laden is long dead. Al Qeada is now figment of imagination, or always was.

Then arise then you ordinary people of the US. Lets hear your voices out loud.

You don’t seem to get it. We could shout till we were blue, you would never hear us. I gave you the example of the health care bill. People in the US do not want it. The government is going to pass it anyway. You probably don’t believe this but mass communication is controlled very high up.

Mostly true for the US …not really a worldwide epidemic, not everyone is at war.

But you will be soon. LOL!

Raden
    Participant

😳 Just for me?….thanks, maybe I can exercise my right to vote this time 🙂

PS: Laps, I watch both CNN and BBC, but I also watch Al-Jazeera and of course the local channel news broadcasts which does cover foreign news. This way I get to see both sides of the story.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@boy wrote:

People in the US do not want it. The government is going to pass it anyway.

You probably don’t believe this but mass communication is controlled very high up.

how do you reconcile that first statement with the second and what do you mean by controlled? (i.e. how are you aware of mass public opinion? what kind of control?)

Raden
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Raden, for me this is just a boring argument.
    I no longer believe there is any Al Qaeda. I’ll explain.
    1 year after the bombings I was fairly convinced that Bin Laden was already dead, yet we kept the idea of him alive for a while to keep the war effort tip top. I was fine with that for a few years.

Thats the whole point I’m trying to say, it was never ‘fine’ with me. Not even for a day,@boy wrote:

After a 8 years of killing the number 2 leader of Al Qeada about 5 times in a row, I realized I was right.

and I wouldn’t be surprised if a majority in the US took 8 years to realize what is going on.

@boy wrote:

You probably don’t believe this but mass communication is controlled very high up.

I have always believed it to be that way.

@raden wrote:

Mostly true for the US …not really a worldwide epidemic, not everyone is at war.

@boy wrote:

But you will be soon. LOL!

Alas, it may be true, but it is no laughing matter to me.

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

Thats the whole point I’m trying to say, it was never ‘fine’ with me. Not even for a day.

That’s an easy call from your armchair or in front of your PC. What if your hometown is bombed eh? 😉

Most people believe that the government works on their behalf (as you said before about the common people). I used to be that way. I no longer believe that. That is the catch.

I always had a lot of questions that were not answered, but for a while I told myself that by and large the Government is really on our side. It isn’t true.

Raden
    Participant

@boy wrote:

That’s an easy call from your armchair or in front of your PC. What if your hometown is bombed eh? 😉

Very true words, but the answer is there…what if. I don’t know how we would react, but if history and past actions is how we base our possible actions, then I doubt my country will go out and do pre emptive strikes and wage a seemingly endless war in a foreign soil. Possibly cultural and values differences make us react differently.

@boy wrote:

always had a lot of questions that were not answered, but for a while I told myself that by and large the Government is really on our side. It isn’t true.

In a way, I am glad you feel this way.

Spectrum
    Participant

To be perfectly honest I believe that there is ‘something’ coming. Frankly I don’t care for any of the ‘puppets’ in Washington and if the ‘something’ involves Iran, I think Israel would be the 1 to start and then it will come down to IF the USA will help them, I’m not so sure this current administration will.

For the record I support Israel, I may not agree with all there their methods but I support them despite my being an American of mostly German desent!

FYI Boy I like your post about the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, I know right where you got it from.

Rommel
    Participant

Spectrum
    Participant

a first glance to me the site almost seems like a ‘supermarket tabloid’ here in the USA, but then again it could be a legit online paper in Britan

Rommel
    Participant

Deathbal
    Participant

aah, so much to say and so little space! That was my best Rommel impression 😆

First of all I truly believe Bush and company got a little shaken by 9/11. Then you take Iraq and Saddam. They had WMD. That is not in question. They have used the in the past. I simply think we tried to eliminate that threat before it ever happened. Giving terrorists weapons to do a repeat of 9/11 was their worry. Maybe it was unfounded. And in hindsight I feel it was not worth it. But remember, not going into Iraq means that Saddam is still in power. But you will not find a single politician in the US that was opposed to the war that will admit that.

War in Iran. I would be completely against war with Iran. Soldiers need to trust their leaders, not worry about what middle eastern country they will have to fight in. I think in the future there better be a damn good reason.

As far as Israel is concerned, they will do what they need to do in order to protect themselves. I can pretty much assure you that the US. will not shoot down Israeli bombers. Israel will act in their best interest, not what the US feels is their best interest.

Just like Rommel feels the US should not allow Israel to fly over Iraq, when is it time to expect some of the middle eastern countries governments to get a handle on the terrorism that comes out of their countries? It’s a two way street.

But I believe as Rommel does. It will take an Israeli strike to start war with Iran. But even then I do not believe the US will send in ground troops. At least I hope not. This conclusion will lead us back to Rommel’s suggestion. But if that happens and Israel is attacked as a result…………This is why I don’t think it will happen. Sorry Rommel.

The entire bag of nuts rides on whether or not Israel will be ok with Iran having nukes. This will determine war IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.