This topic contains 123 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

For purposes of this poll, the war begins when the first US/NATO missle lands on Iranian soil. Only after that can the middle east war of all wars begin and the Hegemony be established in Babylon 🙂

The war mongering is even being fed by Obama these days. What else do we need 40,000 ADDITIONAL troops to go to Afganistan for? Killing goats?

30 day poll, you may change your votes.

Rommel
    Participant

Acid22
    Participant

I watched ‘Team America’ recently. It was only after I watched the credits I realised that it was’nt a documentary on US foreign policy? 😉

Only joking you fellows of the ‘Special relationship’ 😆

‘I’ve always admired the American airforce, they were the only ones to ever shoot me down’………..RAF Flight Lieutenant Raymond Baxter OBE. (sorry could’nt resist that either). 🙂

BOY
    Participant

Rom

true, Isreal is more likely to start it off, however, my point is an Iran/US war – a GROUND war following air strikes. Isreal could hit them and we may do nothing, in which case there will be no wa, just a regional muckety muck and Hezbollah pop guns.

Rommel
    Participant

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

very sad situation.

i started writing a post for this thread yesterday, but was in two minds and ended up not bothering.

i dont want to taint your message, rommel. its hard to follow that.

i’ll post anyway:

id like to think the usa and britain might have learned their lesson after iraq (and perhaps in light of the recession). im still waiting to see bush and blair held accountable.

i did want to say, i think theres a big difference between having a couple of nukes and having a sustainable competitive arsenal.

i’d wager that anyone with enough money and influence could get hold of a couple of kg of enriched uranium or whatever it takes. a tempting enough bribe to the right emmet brown and youre probably good.

nukes etc hardly seem very efficient, though. nuclear weapons are just a badge. any developed economy could be far more easily hurt by damage to data centres, or by restricting oil/petrol supplies. the more developed countries are very sensitive, completely dependent on the advanced technology and fragile economies that separate them. (id include israel and iran in that. both countries are a long way from e.g. afghanistan, from what i know)

ps:
    this reminds me of a thread from a couple of years ago where i said something similar. i won’t link you, for risk of shame (hate reading old posts sometimes).

in my defence, im a bit of an idiot. (is that a defence?)

if its good enough for bush and the US, its good enough for me : )

Rommel
    Participant

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

OMG, I can’t believe that thread of Vikings for his PC is nearly 2 years old.
    Time really does fly as you get older.
    Gotta be nice to be as old as Laptop. A bad day is over in 2 hours and a bad week 15 hours 😀
    hehehe, I’m such a bastage!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

An ontopic post:

I don’t think we’ll go there in under 2 years as we need to get our troops out of Afgan and Iraq, increase trained troop numbers and re-stock our equipment.

I hope it doesn’t happen. I THINK that they’ll have a civil war first and the concequence of that will keep us out for a fair while to let them find their feet and see if they’re still a threat.

Hopefully I’m completely wrong as I’ve an Iranian friend who still has plenty of family over there. Makes a BIG difference when you know people directly effected by our foreign wars.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

A search string would be helpful if you can think of a few good terms.

try “piss on the wrong power pylon”

dont ask why theres an edit in august 09. i needed to make a change. you know how it is when things stick in your head
    (like distended tormenting leeches, draining your aspirations with their undue weight). damn. think its a cry for help? : )

Rommel
    Participant

Raden
    Participant

Why look forward to a war? I hope it (Iran war) never happens. I cannot post a vote..hehe, I would have to say none of the above answers.

BOY
    Participant

@raden wrote:

Why look forward to a war? I hope it (Iran war) never happens. I cannot post a vote..hehe, I would have to say none of the above answers.

You make it sound as if the war is what we want, that is far from the case. In my opinion, the war is just like the stock market. Powerful people will make the call, we simply need to be prepared for it.

Whether it is war or health care, we are going to get what they have coming to us.

Raden
    Participant

Powerful people who are made to be powerful by ordinary people.
    By making light of the matter, it is almost equivalent to accepting that a war is inevitable and acceptable. Having a poll on whether there should be a war or not would make more sense.

BOY
    Participant

@raden wrote:

Powerful people who are made to be powerful by ordinary people.
    By making light of the matter, it is almost equivalent to accepting that a war is inevitable and acceptable. Having a poll on whether there should be a war or not would make more sense.

This is not quite correct. I already explained the ordinary people don’t want war, they just want safety. The ordinary people are just like sheep. Afraid. They are manipulated and they only BELIEVE they have any power. The ordinary people have no power. They are no better than a mob. Even when they try to steer the ship in the right direction there is no one to do it.

The people elect someone who is, essentially a double agent. The agent sells the contry to someone else, uses his poewer to give away sovereignty to say… The UN. The UN then uses this guise to control world affairs.

The greatest evil we face now is that the World Bank will take control of sovereign currencies. The EU has already made many sovereign nations almost irrelevant. Not long before entire continents are the same.

President of Iran is a puppet, Obama is a Puppet, everything is a distraction. The real goal is to take everything we own away. War is a tool to achieve that, pass more taxes, increase unemployment. Make Governments more powerful.

The people that die are just unfortunate accidents to them. Cynical, but true. The only thing we can do is simply not fight. THat is the only way out.

The propaganda goes too far back and the lies are too complicated to cover in detail I’m afraid. There are just too many topics. Sigh.

2and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and there was given to him a crown, and he went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.

3And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, `Come and behold!’

4and there went forth another horse — red, and to him who is sitting upon it, there was given to him to take the peace from the land, and that one another they may slay, and there was given to him a great sword.

5And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, `Come and behold!’ and I saw, and lo, a black horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a balance in his hand,

6and I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, `A measure of wheat for a denary, and three measures of barley for a denary,’ and `The oil and the wine thou mayest not injure.’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.