This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  apache64d 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

sleestak
    Participant

I made the mistake just now on Beginner’s of joking that Sondra’s disappearance was due to her being locked in Mandy’s basement. I wrote one sentence, Mandy logged in, and I was knocked offline. So, is that just how it is?

mandy
    Participant

that is not true sleestak….

i logged in because i thought ur device…

i did not kick you

you got kicked due to timeout kicks

i did not kick you

so whats happening???

i only thought u r device….

so check your pc before you think that admins kick you..

other admins can confirm that by reading the log……

mandy

sleestak
    Participant

Then it’s a tremendous coincidence. I have a broadband connection and my PC is fine. This would be the first time since I’ve been playing (for a year?) that I’ve been dropped.

The only other times I’ve been dropped were three times a few months ago when the server “reset” and everyone logged back in within 15 to 60 seconds. One time you said it was a server bug. In each instance in the game you had been covered by dirt by someone and you then logged in and the server “reset.” I’m just tired of coincidences. I don’t see these hassles with other admins. In fact, I don’t know who the other admins even are, besides Apache. I think that speaks highly of the other admins and their game moderation.

I know picking a fight with you will only reflect poorly on me because you’re so highly regarded. But I just had to say what I just said.

mandy
    Participant

i dont care about ur coincidences

i know you cant stand me … but i can live with that

that the 2nd time you complaint about me with no reason … i dont care

i did not kick you… you either take my word for it or you leave it

the log can proof it

thats all i have to say to you

i did not kick you, believe what you want to believe

mandy

A Moogle
    Participant

@sleestak wrote:

Then it’s a tremendous coincidence. I have a broadband connection and my PC is fine.

That has nothing to do with what mandy said. Her post states that you got kicked because of not firing/buying/etc in time.

apache64d
    Participant

Sleastak, I and the other admins (check the “Usergroups” to know the names of the admins or go down on the main page of the forums and click on the oragne “Admins” word) knows mandy long enough to know that if she says she didn’t do then she didn’t do it.
    I’ll check the logs and prevent it from gavin. I’ll do only as a formalic thing.

Obviasly its not about just u thinking mandy kicked u..what ever u think personly on mandy or what ever the reason u r attacking her: CUT it out.
    I’ll suggest u to read this: #3 Admin Actions are not for fun. It may be tempting, and it may be just for laughs, but do not play with your admin features. Admin talk and Admin message are slight exceptions to this ruling, becuase they do not preform actions against another individual. But all others do act against an individual and without justification, you have no right to use them. Even if that user says “its ok”. Use proper judgement when using talk and message, as noted their “slight” exceptions, that means they still apply to the ruling.
    (willis’ quote)
    Maybe u should read also the admin guidlines topic (and the old version of it too):http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2637

apache.

sleestak
    Participant

Whoah, I thought Mandy meant I got kicked for lag or something. I definitely did not get kicked for not buying or firing. I was trapped under dirt and had set a permanent skip… and that skip was working… which is why I was chatting at the time I was knocked offline. I definitely did not get kicked for lack of action.

Apache, I don’t know what I can “cut out.” I merely relayed four experiences upon which I have formed an opinion. I’m sorry if you disagree with my opinion or my retelling of events to the point you would tell me to cut it out. Frankly, that’s bizarre. I am not trying to cause a fuss. Reporting grievances should not be treated this poorly, or you’ll discourage others from even bothering.

FYI, you don’t have to worry. I normally leave when I’m aware Mandy is online (e.g., when she changes her name to include the word ‘Mandy’) to avoid the heartache. Today just reconfirmed the wisdom of that practice.

mandy
    Participant

lol, why didnt u do this time?

i am not afraid of you….. i did nothing to you, even that you wish, i did not….

next time log off faster

mandy

sleestak
    Participant

I don’t like to think people will always be the same, so I sometimes wait to see if things change.

Mandy, if you think that I think you’re afraid of me, you’ve understood nothing about this discussion. Mostly, I’m offended now how I’m being treated here. Doubly so if I made an honest mistake. I especially don’t like Apache’s attitude, a side of him/her I’ve not seen before. Cut it out? Huh?

mandy
    Participant

sleestak, even if you want to think i kicked, i did not.

i can only repeat, i did not kick you or do anything to you.

i did not even know its you!!!!

i thought you are device.

in the future, how about you just log on as sleestak and dont hide behind different nicks?????

mandy

sleestak
    Participant

Mandy, I don’t “hide” behind nicks anymore than you do. Your statement about hiding underscores why I usually leave when you make your presence known in the game (e.g., when you “unhide” your player name so it’s clear you’re Mandy).

More importantly, I shouldn’t have to use a certain name to receive appropriate treatment from an admin (e.g., be left alone to play the game). The implication you just made is that if I logon as Sleestak, I won’t be bothered by admins. I don’t know who you thought I was. I don’t care. It shouldn’t matter unless my conduct is inappropriate. That you’ll go looking for a certain player to single them out underscores why I should actually change my name every time because if I get on your bad side, you go looking to figure out who I am. Just let folks play the game and don’t bother them unless they actually do something wrong.

mandy
    Participant

how can i get that to you? i did not even know its YOU????

i thought you are device???

jeeesh, can i get that to you in any way???

if so let me know….

mandy

apache64d
    Participant

I checked the logs.
    What happened is a bigggg lag during mandy’s attempt to do “admin showipaiases”..which did couse few kicks in the past..it happened to me2.
    I thought it was fix..I guess not.
    Sleastak, as I saw in the logs u were NOT the only one who got kicked.
    Player named Extreme got kicked too. It all happened on 21:17:04. Suddenly few players missed there moves and one player said: “lag”…
    There at the same second u and Extreme got kicked.
    There is no admin command for double kick..
    Like I said, after seeing the txt and the server messages it looks like that the showipaliases hasn’t been fixed. It coused kicks in the past and now in the present.
    I can understand y mandy thought it is Device>> because of the nick “de fault!”.

U came back and acused her right away with no reson or proof:
    Says “de fault! (Pending): totally uncool”.

Sleastak, next time, when u want to blame some1 check everything fisrt before u do it. “totally uncool”.

apache.

mandy
    Participant

i explained myself……

this thing is over for me…..

mandy

sleestak
    Participant

Mandy, reread my last post. It should not matter what my name is. Guilt by suspicion is a lousy way to moderate a game. Maybe that’s the situation. You suspect people often, you log in frequently and people get kicked because of a software bug. No wonder I’ve come to associate your presence with people being kicked.

Apache, this is just par for the course. Mandy logs in, I get bumped. Whether it’s a software bug or whatever, it’s a frequent enough occurrence that I choose not to play when I see Mandy online. I apologize if that notion offends you, but being bumped from the game is offensive when it repeatedly occurs in the situations I’ve already described. I’m surprised you only now checked the log. Defending the situation and telling me to “cut it out” without actually finding out that I indeed was bumped from the game through no action or failing of my own is lousy. You want me to check my facts? I don’t have admin access to check your log. You do. Check your facts before telling me to cut it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘When to bump someone offline?’ is closed to new replies.