This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Why? Thanks for asking.@deathstryker wrote:

I’m not really sure I even understand why this topic was made. It’s just an ad that Gavin has no control over. On top of that, everyone has their own political views so what was the purpose in starting this up?

All it’ll do is ruffle some feathers. I don’t really expect anyone to come on here and say “I never really thought of it before but you know, that Rommel is right.”

The game ruffles feathers too. We like ruffled feathers. It’s ruffled featers that make peacocks truely spectacular.

I’m pleased that you think more than some of the people I know personally but you may be giving the general populace more credit than they deserve if you think that there aren’t still a great many people that vote a straight party ticket regardless of the candidates presented. I’m not trying to be offensive but jeepers, that’s not thinking at all.

The answer as to why I started this topic is: I saw a John McCain advertisment here. At first I didn’t believe it, I wondered, how did that popup get on top of the Scorched page I was on, then I was floored.

Although Gavin may not have any control over it what he advertisies, I’m rather certain that Mr. McCain has control over where the money goes. Is Mr. McCain spending campaign money supplied by American tax payers through income tax collections to advertise in the UK? Shouldn’t he be concentrating his efforts on trying to properly educate the American voters? Is campaign money being sent to any other foriegn countries? If so, where? I doubt that Mr. McCain is singing, bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran to the Irainians, or their immediate neighbors but I can’t believe he’s advertising in the UK. Asking oneself those types of questions is what I consider thinking. It was just too absurd to totally ignore and act as if I’d never seen it.

If you feel compelled, to lock the thread, I won’t kick up any dust.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

No, I wasn’t avoiding you at all. It took me that long to make what I hope you found to be an acceptable reply. I started on it right after you sent yours.
    @deathbal wrote:

For the most part, Deathstriker is right. The reason politics is usually avoided is because people have such strong opinions that any conversation on politics ends up in a pissing match with insults thrown about. Lets not do that. If we do continue this, lets respect eachothers opinions and keep it civil.

BTW Rommel, a talk show host named Mark Levin calls McCain (McLame).

We are not talk show hosts. We should not be fanatical since we are not trying to entertain an audience. I’d rather not start with name calling and catchy nicknames for politicians soley for the purpose of not insulting other players here that we probably both get along with.

By the way. I asked you two questions. You answered neither. Was that intentional? If so, that’s ok.

I’m not fast anytime but if adressing someone specfically I try extra hard to be complete without being offensive. In case no one noticed I only attacked candidates currently holding a public office. That’s why I spared the Mike Huckbee. Don’t think that means that I support him because I don’t.

Thanks for the tip about the talk show guy ripping me off. I’m not going to do any more name games (check the last post) so I guess it will be ok if he uses it, although I would like a cut. Do you know how long he’s been using it?

Have a great weekend,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

What was wrong with that one?@deathstryker wrote:

Ugh, I give up…

That’s funny, I don’t remember setting this topic to being “watched”. The forum must have automatically understood my intentions.

I was nice, didn’t distort anyones name, and tried to be factual although I admit that I failed miserably at being brief. 😉

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Pam:

It’s always good to see a post from you.@pam wrote:

Ok, she didn’t vote on something you consider important. And that’s why she’s a traitor ? The only time America spent enough money on education, didn’t wage war on anyone, and even gave back tax money, was when Bill Clinton was President. Hillary has the same goals. Surely a BAD thing for all those innocent children, who can’t wait to join the armed forces, and get their ass shot off in a remote region of the world. But even for them, Mrs Clinton’s health care plans might come in handy.

Thank you for bringing up this topic. I’d really like to read what the other Americans have to say.

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you but as you may have noticed, I’ve been pretty busy the past several hours.

No, it wasn’t the vote she dodged Tuesday, that wasn’t it at all. She and Mr. McCain both voted to make our President into a King by handing him the power to declare war. This is not allowed under our Constitution. They also both signed onto the law known as the Patriot Act which effectively stripped Americans of a great many of our revered freedoms in the name of security. This is something that Ben Frankin warned us against specifically but they proceeded to pass all the same. This link is to the Senate web site and Ms. Clinton’s press release explaining her position change on this law. The Patriot Act is the law that allows my goverment to investigate me for talking to you. Are you subject to investigation for talking to me?

Our public officials are sworn to uphold and defend the Constituiton. As far as I’m concerned they have both turned their backs on the Constitution and violated their oath at least twice. I’m not comfortable with their ability to use sound judgement. Further it appears that they are both following the same agenda and do not have the Nations interest ahead of their own.

Actually Bill Clinton usurped his authority and waged undeclared war in both Kosovo, and Iraq. His education policies are widely disputed and our children are lagging horribly in education. As for Ms. Clinton’s health care plans. She had her chance. She was appointed a position to implement it under her husband’s administration and she failed to accomplish anything at all.

As for turning over the care of our veterans to her or John McCain. Our soldiers deserve nothing less than the best care available. Where were Senators Clinton and McClain when it was reported in 2004 that one of our soldiers was court martialed for refusing to be treated at Walter Reed and seeking care elsewhere? Why did it take 3 years for anyone to do anything at all? Why did the Washington have to come to aid of our wounded, where were the benevolent servants, McCain and Clinton?

EDIT 2-20-08 by Rommel: It was the Washington Post that broke the Walter Reed scandal in 2007. I was tired. McCain wasn’t part of the the soluton he was part of the problem, he still is.

Good questions all but we aren’t very comfortable talking about any of this so don’t ask, read. Walter Reed scandal might be a good search term to get you started.

We’re too busy tying up Congress trying to figure out if a baseball player took steroids or HGH or both or neither to really do much about the veterans right now it seems. BASE BALL! Good gravy! Let the base ball commission deal with that, we are in a war and the country is all to hell and we have our legislators discussing base ball!

I’m glad you appreciated my post and like you, I’m very interested in the opinions of others. Specifically, I’d like to know what the world is thinking about our stability and our recent engagements. Is it legal for you to divulge that kind of information or would it be concidered a threat to your national security? 😉 Funny but it’s beginning to seem that we really are exporting democracy like they want. Not sharing the ideas, but really shipping it out.

I wish you a marvelous weekend,

Rommel

Deathbal
    Participant

you could just say, I work for the McCain campaign and I just wanted to bust your balls.

Please, of all the people i pictured as President, McCain was never one of them. I’m still not sure how he came this far. I guess it was due to the split vote provided by Romney and Huckabee. Sooooooo, after Romney bails out he endorses McCain to spite Huckabee. Interesting games.

This is my opinion of what will happen now.

The Super Delegates will choose the nominee for the Dems since neither one will reach the required number of delegates to win the nomination outright. If they choose Hillary despite Obama having more actual votes, Hillary will lose the general election easily. Need I explain why?

If Obama gets the nomination, McCain will have to pick a VP that will help him win the south. A conservative Christian. A Christian Democrat might not be a bad idea. If one would accept. If he doesn’t do that, Obama wins the general election.

So the USA will most likely see either McCain or Obama as it’s next President.

Mark Levin has been calling him McLame ever since i’ve listened to him. That only goes back about 6-7 years. He comes on after Hannity, who comes on after Rush.

Deathbal
    Participant

They also both signed onto the law known as the Patriot Act which effectively stripped Americans of a great many of our revered freedoms in the name of security. This is something that Ben Frankin warned us against specifically but they proceeded to pass all the same. This link is to the Senate web site and Ms. Clinton’s press release explaining her position change on this law. The Patriot Act is the law that allows my goverment to investigate me for talking to you. Are you subject to investigation for talking to me?

You are not alone when it comes to concern over the Patriot Act. It has a life of it’s own, and the further we are removed from 9/11 the closer the Patriot Act will be to death. But the Patriot Act is but a mere sample. If the USA were to be attacked like say…….Israel. Where there is a stretch of 10-15 bombings in a short period of time, the Patriot Act will balloon into something much larger. Like I said, “The Constitution is not a suicide pact”

It’s easy to follow laws and guidelines when you are relatively safe. But when your life and or way of life is on the line, most signed documents get shelved until it’s over.

She and Mr. McCain both voted to make our President into a King by handing him the power to declare war. This is not allowed under our Constitution.

They gave him the power to use military force. Should Reagan have sought a formal declaration of war before using military force on Libya? However, the scope of this military action could and should be considered a war. Therefore Congress should have declared war.

Rommel
    Participant

I know you were supporting Rudi, it just seemed funny to me at the time to see you send back that reply. I’ve only slept about 4 hours since Tuesday and I’m going to go lay dwon right after I answer the reemaining posts.@deathbal wrote:

you could just say, I work for the McCain campaign and I just wanted to bust your balls.

Please, of all the people i pictured as President, McCain was never one of them. I’m still not sure how he came this far. I guess it was due to the split vote provided by Romney and Huckabee. Sooooooo, after Romney bails out he endorses McCain to spite Huckabee. Interesting games.

This is my opinion of what will happen now.

The Super Delegates will choose the nominee for the Dems since neither one will reach the required number of delegates to win the nomination outright. If they choose Hillary despite Obama having more actual votes, Hillary will lose the general election easily. Need I explain why?

If Obama gets the nomination, McCain will have to pick a VP that will help him win the south. A conservative Christian. A Christian Democrat might not be a bad idea. If one would accept. If he doesn’t do that, Obama wins the general election.

So the USA will most likely see either McCain or Obama as it’s next President.

Mark Levin has been calling him McLame ever since i’ve listened to him. That only goes back about 6-7 years. He comes on after Hannity, who comes on after Rush.

I’m with on all of that except for Omaba. I don’t think Ms. Clinton shucked out 5 million a few days ago just to hang in there a little longer. If it goes to the convention, I’m xpecting a brawl.
    We deserve a little entertainment for having to put up with them for all this time and I hope it gets bloody. News at 11.

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

You are not alone when it comes to concern over the Patriot Act. It has a life of it’s own, and the further we are removed from 9/11 the closer the Patriot Act will be to death. But the Patriot Act is but a mere sample. If the USA were to be attacked like say…….Israel. Where there is a stretch of 10-15 bombings in a short period of time, the Patriot Act will balloon into something much larger. Like I said, “The Constitution is not a suicide pact”

It’s easy to follow laws and guidelines when you are relatively safe. But when your life and or way of life is on the line, most signed documents get shelved until it’s over.

Agree on the first part. We would become prisoners immediately. On the last, it’s never easy to maintain a goverment where the people rule because no matter who gets a position of power or for how long they expect to hold it, they immediately begin trying to find a means to sieze more power than we alloted them. That is wwhy it is so critical that we at least try and keep an eye on what they do in public.

@deathbal wrote:

They gave him the power to use military force. Should Reagan have sought a formal declaration of war before using military force on Libya? However, the scope of this military action could and should be considered a war. Therefore Congress should have declared war.

Yes, I believe that except in the case of immediate self defense we are required to seek a declaration of war from the congress. Suppose someone set off a bomb in our embassy in Turkey but after the explosion there were no enemies to be found. The emergency is over for the time being and the President can not order the air force to begin carpet bombing Istanbull in retaliation, even if he has reasonable proof the bombing was planned and carried out by the Turkish goverment due to our protection of the Kurds. (a very likely event) The immediate threat is over. Further action would be retaliation not self defense. The President has no authority to engage in retalitory strikes, pre emptive strikes or any type of engagement other than repelling invaders without the blessings of Congress. At least that’s the way I see it. Had this policy been followed, we’d most likely be living in peace with much more of our Military in the ready for self defense. Now, our military is in shambles, we can’t care for the wounded, and if we get attacked by a force of any real strength, we can’t respond.

Then there is the cost of rebuilding. Todays paper had a very intersting article aboout the Marines request several years ago for armored vehicles, but the reply was, too expensive can’t afford it. That should have brought the troops home. Sorry, if you can’t afford to equip the men properly, we aren’t going on maneveurs. We’ll just hang out here in the green zone until the people decide to cough up some cash or make you bring us home.

I know that could get a commander shot but given the choices, sometimes you have to do what’s right for the majority. Speak with some of the guys back home for some R&R and see what they tell you about Bush. From what I’ve been being told recently, he’s pretty much lost the respect of the troops for the countless lies, and failures to provide proper support.

Going to sleep sitting up now ……

Later,

Rommel
    Rommel

comedown
    Participant

The reason such an advertisement was displayed is, as the page you were about to view was loading, google’s ad serving system checked the content of the page for keywords relevant to ads it had available to display, chose some such ad, and displayed it.

Keywords like poll, since we’re dealing with politics… Or perversion, since we’re dealing with politicians. You get the idea.

People aren’t big on so-called “truth” around these parts, ruffled feathers are understandably uncomfortable. But I think I’ve answered your question. :-k

Rommel
    Participant

Ok, thanks.@comedown wrote:

The reason such an advertisement was displayed is, as the page you were about to view was loading, google’s ad serving system checked the content of the page for keywords relevant to ads it had available to display, chose some such ad, and displayed it.

Keywords like poll, since we’re dealing with politics… Or perversion, since we’re dealing with politicians. You get the idea.

People aren’t big on so-called “truth” around these parts, ruffled feathers are understandably uncomfortable. But I think I’ve answered your question. :-k

That makes more sense than trying to rally support in the UK. 😉

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Old Buddy:@rommel wrote:

The President has no authority to engage in retalitory strikes, pre emptive strikes or any type of engagement other than repelling invaders without the blessings of Congress. At least that’s the way I see it. Had this policy been followed, we’d most likely be living in peace with much more of our Military in the ready for self defense. Now, our military is in shambles, we can’t care for the wounded, and if we get attacked by a force of any real strength, we can’t respond.
    l

Yeah, you must have been tired. WE CAN ALWAYS RESPOND!!!
    Just maybe not with “conventional” means. 😉

Me

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I know you were supporting Rudi, it just seemed funny to me at the time to see you send back that reply. I’ve only slept about 4 hours since Tuesday and I’m going to go lay dwon right after I answer the reemaining posts.
    Rommel

He was the only candidate I liked. But I often forget that GOP candidates from the northeast don’t do well in general elections.

Legion
    Participant

the fact that the voting machines (electronic) that have been in use for the past 2 elections can be hacked by an average high school senior,so vote for bugs bunny –it really doesn’t matter.
    One thing I’m more concerned about than our trade deficit with China (only 266 BILLION this year)
    is the Security and Prosperity Partnership(SPP) and North American Union !!!
    WTF is this crap about ??? http://www.amerocurrency.com/SPPprogram.html

Be very afraid of this and every other way that the economic gains of corporate America are running our rights and freedoms into the trash pile!
    just read this article from the magazine Dollars and Sense
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archives/2008/0108sciacchitano.html

Open your eyes to what is being done right in front of you while you are being mislead by all the racial and immigration stories (red herrings) and concerns being plastered all over the news. DUH !!!

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Comedown:

Thanks again for the explaination about the banner ad. Whood a thunk all you had to do to advertise for McCain was to post a poll. Hmmmmmm. 😆 I guess we should expect a great many more polls between now and November.

I forgot to mention this earlier … @comedown wrote:

… I was pretty tired. I don’t mind discussing the obvious but I prefer to dispatch with the obvious quickly if possible.

It’s not just “these parts” it’s all parts. People aren’t big on truth in general. If we were, lying (intentionally making false statements) would be considered one of the most egregious offenses one could perpetrate against society. Perhaps that was the case once upon a time in a place far far away but that isn’t the case now.

Take Jim Cramer as a recent non-political example:

“What’s important when you are in that hedge fund mode is to not doing anything that is remotely truthful, because the truth is so against your view–it is important to create a new truth to develop a fiction. You can’t take any chances.” – Jim Cramer

Cramer is still being paid to provide his viewers with free stock advice. He still has viewers? 😯 Why? Because he’s honest ! ??? Nice try, but I’m not Landru and I am not of the body. 😛

That being said, if there was something I said previously that you’d like to dispute as being untrue, then by all means be direct. If you intentionally used the term “so-called truth” as a vieled implication that something I said was untrue, I would regard that as being akin to raising a sword in threat without the courage or the strength to use it.

To All:

You don’t need to be bashful or shy, it’s not becoming on a war game site. I’ve presented myself here freely and of my own accord. If you find me vulnerable due to a statement of fact, take a swing, see if I bleed. All I ask is that you try to be cordial and diplomatic in your replies. This thread has already been threatened with lock down. If you want to tell me to go to hell, try and find a nice way to say it. If you are a politician, I expect a very convincing sales pitch that makes at least half of those that read it want to go with me. 😉

If you are a seeker of the truth and you see that I’ve been deceived, then dear brother, I beseech you, shine your lantern so that I may see and guide an old man back into the light.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Legion:

Thanks for the links.

I read both of the pages and although I’m against anything that threatens our Sovereignty, as awful as this seems, the SPP might be the only hope that the survivors of the next term have left available to them, if what Warren Buffet was telling the Canadians recently is true. Five to ten more years on the same road and the United States Dollar will be worthless.

From the candidates offered, and the reaction of the People to them, we can expect at least one more term of more of the same. That’s takes care of the next five years unless something drastic upsets the time table. Changing the President isn’t likely to have much effect without changing the People, the Congress and the Courts. I placed the People first because without them the President and the rest aren’t going to change anything. For now, things are fine in D.C. for the loyal and when it all falls down, their fortunes will not be tied up in worthless dollars but instead in something of value.

Mr. Buffet has since tried to change his statement from worthless to worth less but that’s not what he said. It was already worth less than it was last year and it’s becoming worth less all the time. Although I don’t believe his retraction, I do beleive his forecast.

In any event, I can’t see how refusing to vote is likely to help to change anything or I’d refuse to vote. Much better I think would be to send them the message that although we have been slow to respond, we are catching on. None of the Above remains my favorite choice.

Take care,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.