This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 6 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #3436

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    That’s a pretty n00b question but none of my favorite programs have released a new version in awhile and so I figured I’d ask about the new version of Scorched.

    There really hasn’t been much progress on it lately, so I’m guessing that pretty much everything is done that you want to do to it OR you just haven’t had time to work on it. If it’s the latter then I’m sorry if you feel like this statement is rushing you. Anyway, to the questions:

    What else do you plan on doing with it if anything?

    And, if you feel like everything is pretty much done, when are we gonna see the new version?

    #18343

    Apollo Tangent
    Participant

    Relax a little bit and enjoy what’s been done.

    When 37 was out, everyone thought it was still in beta.

    Since it’s a “free” game, Unless there is a “major” (bug) You shouldn’t put a lot of pressure on the “Gavin”.

    My schedule fluctuates. Since Gavin’s been “married” I’m sure His has too.

    Many new DL’s have come about. Can we focus on welcoming them?

    Some very intense rounds and games have been happening, if anyone thought that the game got “boring” a replay script would be awesome.

    All the weapons and all of the counter – tactics were used. It’s too bad that you weren’t there to see it.

    Four players with + 12 kills in a house of 12.

    Zooopie would have been amazed.

    A.T.

    #18344

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    There really hasn’t been much progress on it lately, so I’m guessing that pretty much everything is done that you want to do to it OR you just haven’t had time to work on it. If it’s the latter then I’m sorry if you feel like this statement is rushing you. Anyway, to the questions:

    Not had much time to work on it recently (or not as hard as I have been anyway). Any time I did have I spent putting in the tournament section on this web site. That being said there are quite a few changes since 38.1 . I was even considering releasing the current development version as it has been a while.

    What else do you plan on doing with it if anything?

    I would like to do most things in the TODO list, some favourites for me would be some new game modes to liven things up a little. Like some new teams modes or something…

    #18345

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Also I guess it is worth saying that my enthusiasm hasn’t dipped, just the amount of free time 🙂

    #18346

    Sondra
    Participant

    Gavin just one lil thing, please….. Don’t restrict the 1 ip 1 player… cus I want to kill my boyfriend on the oficial server 😛

    Yep is our way to fight :X

    #18347

    cbx550f
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    some favourites for me would be some new game modes to liven things up a little. Like some new teams modes or something…

    I’ve been thinking of this – maybe add provision for three or four teams.
    I think a 2v2v2v2 game would be a riot 🙂

    Oh yeah – I agree with Sondra on that too. 😉

    #18348

    Bobirov
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    some favourites for me would be some new game modes to liven things up a little. Like some new teams modes or something…

    I’ve been thinking of this – maybe add provision for three or four teams.
    I think a 2v2v2v2 game would be a riot 🙂

    Oh yeah – I agree with Sondra on that too. 😉

    So I’m not the only one who thinks it would be cool to have more than 2 teams? 🙂

    You would have to decide on what colors would be used to represent additional teams in the mask files. Green is available still, but after that you’d have to mix colors, perhaps use white for the fourth team?. Also, I think that if a map is using older masks (two team colors) then additional teams could share a mask color in order to make the change backward compatible with older mask files. Just some things to think about.. 😛

    #18349

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    Yeah, more team options would be soooo nice. It’s probably the only thing the old one still has on this one; Its nice team options. I liked the grid idea a lot for it too. It made it so easy to place teams the way you wanted.

    But, yeah, not trying to rush you. Just a bit curious as to what’s goin’ on these days. As long as it gets done right that’s all I’m worried about. Thanks.

    #18350

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    Best game ever last night Monday May 30 2005!!!!

    #18351

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    A little off topic, but ok.

    #18352

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    @Apollo Tangent wrote:

    Four players with + 12 kills in a house of 12.

    Zooopie would have been amazed.

    A.T.

    On topic i think that was the game!!! 😀

    #18353

    jdog
    Participant

    Just for my 2 cent.. I would like to see some better fine tuning on the AI. I’ve seen some times where the AI would just get confused and fire at the same spot 5 or more and then may fire some where else.. It can be especial bad when firing over a large distance or a realy big hill. Been seeing it with 70 on a cyborg.

    While this may not be the case in the main game it seems to happen a lot in my mod. I have the made many changes to my mod so, the best way to get the lastest is to connect to my sever when it is up.

    Another thing I would like to see is some way to have weapons only for the AI that the player cannot buy.

    #18354

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @jdog wrote:

    Just for my 2 cent.. I would like to see some better fine tuning on the AI. I’ve seen some times where the AI would just get confused and fire at the same spot 5 or more and then may fire some where else.. It can be especial bad when firing over a large distance or a realy big hill. Been seeing it with 70 on a cyborg.

    While this may not be the case in the main game it seems to happen a lot in my mod. I have the made many changes to my mod so, the best way to get the lastest is to connect to my sever when it is up.

    Another thing I would like to see is some way to have weapons only for the AI that the player cannot buy.

    The aimsniper tag is really only designed for small distances. At this distance the computer will aim directly at the tank with full power.

    #18355

    BOY
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    Any time I did have I spent putting in the tournament section on this web site. That being said there are quite a few changes since 38.1 . I was even considering releasing the current development version as it has been a while.

    Tournament section is cool, should add alot more fun to the site!
    Have you gotten any ideas about tank different tank technogies? ie some shoot farther, some move faster, different weapons options, temporary invisibility, teleport, … etc THought i saw it in the future list, but not seeing it now 🙁

    @irishbandit wrote:

    Best game ever last night Monday May 30 2005!!!!

    Good job!

    #18356

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    Yeah, more team options would be soooo nice. It’s probably the only thing the old one still has on this one; Its nice team options. I liked the grid idea a lot for it too. It made it so easy to place teams the way you wanted.

    But, yeah, not trying to rush you. Just a bit curious as to what’s goin’ on these days. As long as it gets done right that’s all I’m worried about. Thanks.

    Ok, i’ve upped the teams to 4.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.