This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I joined into the apoc tems server and saw a very primitive warp grid (looked like a tic tac toe board).

I thought this game was supposed to get better as people revise things.

See Naked GUI. Warp Grid and posts regarding these add ons by using the search feature at the top of your forums page.

After a little bit of time that Soupie and I had spent to make these “mild” mods” I find it laughable that some cartoonish plana.bmps and others have come about.

Anyone knowing WG and Nakie GUI would agree.

If you DL any of Soupies videos, you have already seen these features.

Apollo

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Here is a NEW? version on apoc?

Plus the old verision of WG and Naked GUI…

What looks cleaner, revised and more sophisticated?

I hate to see people dressed up as though they shop at the salvation army.

Apollo

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Version of naked GUI and Warp grid… (3) versions ago… you will notice placement of bouys is accurate and less “clutter” on your screen.

Willis
    Participant

I dont see how thier going after the naked gui Apollo.. the GUI is anything but “naked”. Regarding wrap.. same diff I don’t see a strong enough similarity besides the ovious yeh there are some dividar lines.

And what is wrong if they spice up thier GUI style a little bit? I don’t see anything wrong when someone takes an effort to have some origionality.

BOY
    Participant

I joined into the apoc tems server and saw a very primitive warp grid (looked like a tic tac toe board).

I thought this game was supposed to get better as people revise things.

…………….

I find it laughable that some cartoonish plana.bmps and others have come about.

…………….

Here is a NEW? version on apoc?

What looks cleaner, revised and more sophisticated?

I hate to see people dressed up as though they shop at the salvation army.

@Apollo:

wow, NOT a very sophisticated dialogue you have begun on this.
    Ya, your previous warp grid is a bit better for refined shooters, the naked GUI is good for clearing up the screen…. I use it, but need to insert it back into my new version. HOWEVER>>>>

You have got to stop getting so worked up about this stuff, YOUR INPUT IS GREAT! WE LIKE IT. Some people use it, some dont. Bob just wants a personal touch and something thats more simple I guess, alot of new players start in apoc i think, the tic tac toe board will be just fine for them.

In closing

GO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ON APOC FORUM> TO BOBIROV (rhand)he has an entire forum just for apoc which gets very little traffic. He monitors it frequently none the less. (but he is hard to track down by email I must admit)

drop me a line on msn today

Bobirov
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Bob just wants a personal touch

This is it exactly, I wanted Apoc to have a different look to it. And I also wanted every Apoc player to have the same GUI look so the playing field is level in that aspect. Otherwise you have a situation where the more experienced players who know about warp grid have an unfair advantage over those who do not. Also, I don’t necessarily agree with having the diagonal lines that make warp shots that much more easy to make. So I came up with the map look as I figured it would be something different and fits in with a war planning type theme. If you think they look so bad, by all means offer me up some more professional looking computer screens and so forth and I’ll use them. I’m not just going to delete the GUI windows though. I’m sorry you don’t like the current windows, but its what I’ve got.

Perhaps naked gui and/or warp grid could be added into Scorched officially and then it could be an option to use the mod set of windows or the naked GUI? Would pretty much override half the reason I made the windows but I suppose it would keep everyone happy.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Bob. I modestly “Apollogize” for the ranting… The Warp Grid was shared very openly by myself and soupie and I tossed it around for about a day or two.

When Soupie saw it, it kind of opened his eyes a bit and He wondered about other enhancements that’s when we collaborated on the naked GUI.

Kudos go to Zoop for making a proper placement on the larger WG (mine was off by about 7 pixels due to the fact that having “warp grid” text below it made it somewhat innaccurate. (bouy factor).

I did use it for about a month before I shared the idea with zoop.

If i recall, Zoop asked how it was possible for me to make warp kills so easily… I tossed Him the plans (a) (bmps) etc.

I don’t know if He knew the project was “open source” but He did dive in!

Without trying to cause insult. I started on my own to make it more of a computer game rather than a console looking game.

Open source has many critics since the variables change “rapidly”.

The best compliment that I could have is for Warp Grid to just be included in the next release.

A small but humbling offering to making the game more interesting.

Deploy it if you care to.

“Note” the typical mods have .bmps that void out WG, whether this is designed on purpose or obscured by (borders). It’s a tactical advantage that just might pique more interest in the game.

Hence the screen shots.

I shared it openly and if you care to use it, you have my full endoresment.

I don’t know if Gavin has tried it or has even considered it.

Apollo

Bobirov
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

Bob. I modestly “Apollogize” for the ranting…

Hey, I can understand the way you feel and wanting to use the GUI that you had a hand in making and have grown accustomed to, and I respect that. I have no problem with criticisms or anything, but the tone of the text did seem a bit harsh.. But anyways, apology accepted.. 😛

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

“Note” the typical mods have .bmps that void out WG, whether this is designed on purpose or obscured by (borders). It’s a tactical advantage that just might pique more interest in the game.

Yup, any mod that has its own set of bmps for the GUI windows will override the default GUI windows (and subsequently warp grip if you are using it). That’s why I suggesting possibly adding the naked gui as an official option somewhere so that people could use it at their discretion in place of the default or mod GUI windows. Otherwise I reckon you guys are going to have to put up with my cheesy little computer screens and paper maps (or offer up some better ones? :P)..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.