This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frankie 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Frankie
    Participant

I’ve embarked on a probably lengthy project. Initially I had planned to merely clean up the spelling and grammar errors in Leatherwolf’s Superhero mod, and apply gradients to some of the heightmaps. But then I wanted to change some of the descriptions (AquaMan is more accurately Anti-AquaMan, and there’s another must be renamed Kaio-Ken). And then I wanted to reorganize the tabgroups, and make the power levels fairer, and… #-o

Anyways, I’m currently sorting through the various shields and realize that I don’t understand what the numbers mean. How do power, removepower, penetration, etc, interact with damage? What happens differently in a direct hit vs a blast radius? What is the range for deflectfactor and what happens at 0 vs 1 vs 100?

I’ve read the attribute specification in the Wiki, but it doesn’t include value ranges or quantitative meanings for most of them.

Thanks in advance.

Thrax
    Participant

@frankie wrote:

I’ve embarked on a probably lengthy project. Initially I had planned to
    merely clean up the spelling and grammar errors in Leatherwolf’s Superhero
    mod, and apply gradients to some of the heightmaps. But then I wanted to
    change some of the descriptions (AquaMan is more accurately Anti-AquaMan,
    and there’s another must be renamed Kaio-Ken). And then I wanted to
    reorganize the tabgroups, and make the power levels fairer, and… #-o

Anyways, I’m currently sorting through the various shields and realize that I
    don’t understand what the numbers mean. How do power, removepower,
    penetration, etc, interact with damage? What happens differently in a direct hit
    vs a blast radius? What is the range for deflectfactor and what happens at 0
    vs 1 vs 100?

I’ve read the attribute specification in the Wiki, but it doesn’t include value
    ranges or quantitative meanings for most of them.

Thanks in advance.

Well, for a start. Leatherwolf still owns and builds SuperHeroes mod. If you
    have any errors to report on it, you should forward them to him for correcting.

If you wish to begin your own mod, feel free, but try to refrain from altering
    other modders active work unless you are co-operating with them on the
    project.

As for Shield values, They commonly are 0-based and increase in strength
    as you go up. Values below zero are possible in a few aspects, but not
    reccomended on most.

We usually compare to an existing shield then try new settings to see the
    results. trying to quanify every exact value with the results for every weapon
    would be exhausting sincewe make new weapons as well.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Frankie
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

Well, for a start. Leatherwolf still owns and builds SuperHeroes mod. If you have any errors to report on it, you should forward them to him for correcting.

Oh. 😳 I didn’t think it was being maintained. I see you in the credits Thrax, but there isn’t contact information anywhere in the mod. I will continue my editing as a learning exercise, and send it to Leatherwolf if you tell me where.

@thrax wrote:

@frankie wrote:

How do power, removepower, penetration, etc, interact with damage? What happens differently in a direct hit vs a blast radius? What is the range for deflectfactor and what happens at 0 vs 1 vs 100?

We usually compare to an existing shield then try new settings to see the results. trying to quanify every exact value with the results for every weapon would be exhausting sincewe make new weapons as well.

Drat. I was hoping that someone could tell me the arithmetic functions used in the software. Suppose I could dig though the source… hmm… PhysicsParticleObject.cpp looks like the place, time for some flowcharting.

-F.

p.s. Gcamp, thanks for the reply, but I said:

I’ve read the attribute specification in the Wiki, but it doesn’t include value ranges or quantitative meanings for most of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.