This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Mcb Lover
    Participant

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/stats/playernames.php?Prefix=3&Series=10&PlayerID=10179

I think we need unigue ID with unique name:)
    Moon scaring newbies on begginers lol!

Deathbal
    Participant

Someone else use to do that and I can’t seem to remember who. Was it catdoll? I always thought we should have the option to register a name.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Someone else use to do that and I can’t seem to remember
    who. Was it catdoll? I always thought we should have the option to
    register a name.

The means are possible, but it would require a change in the access
    authorization that would cripple the ability to allow new users freely.

We discussed it several times months ago and chose not to.

Perhaps i could go over it again on my servers and see if there’s
    another option.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

thans Thrax but if i ll discovere you ill say hi T.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I’m just offended my name wasn’t used 🙁

Deathbal
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

another option.

Well I did say option. Is it not possible to leave everything as is and have a seperate area where one could register a name if he or she wished to?

All would be the same unless a noob picked a registered name. In that case he;d be asked to pick another.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

who cares who uses our names? PPL know us by our personalities no?

Mcb Lover
    Participant

im not have anything against my fans but he could offence few noobs by my name and this is main…
    FORGIVE ME NOOOOOBS!!!!!IT WAS NOT ME!!!!!!!
    lol

Rommel
    Participant

I’ve not been able to get the server option, ForumLogin to work but perhaps that would solve the problem. @thrax wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

Someone else use to do that and I can’t seem to remember
    who. Was it catdoll? I always thought we should have the option to
    register a name.

another option.

I have tried to use it but not finding any documentation on it and having other more pressing issues, it went on the scap heap with the other things that should be possible but aren’t properly documented or don’t work as expected.

While I’m on this topic, it seems that someone has been working on the Wiki recently. HORRAY !!! I would gladly heap some public praise on them but they seem to be working in the shadows.

THANK YOU

Now that I’ve given praise where due, hang on to your hats this could get rough.

Almost a week ago (Monday) a new user asked to be directed to the step by step server set up files. That post has yet to be answered, but as soon as I finish this one, I will give him the bad news.

His post is here.

Most likely much the same as he did, I checked the message everytime I logged on hoping to see that his request had been answered. Each passing day brought me closer to the conclusion that he was going to be shunned (hopefully he hasn’t come to that conclusion yet). Seeing it still unanswered again today, but also seeing several recent posts from people that could have helped, I have come to that conclusion.

It is a sad commentary that none of the admins responded to his request for help and guidence but considering the only truthful answer would have been, “Sorry, we don’t have that completed.” I can understand the hesitaency of anyone to post that or to say something like, “We’ve only been doing this for a 4 or 5 years years, and haven’t had time.” By not saying anything at all you essentially said, “Look dude, we have too many servers now! Play on one of those!”

Not reponding in any manner whatsoever is unexcusable ! If the admins don’t have any specific duties, then perhaps the time has come for a little delegation of authority and responsibility for action or inaction. It appears you all share the same duties without any specalization, if so this is a very unproductive practice and allows slackers to pass off their share of the work to the others.

Rommel

Deathbal
    Participant

I didn’t see that message, or I would have replied.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi DeathBal:

I know that, and I also know that none of you would intentionally shun him. Please forgive me for the harshness of the tone and my poor choice of words. Although I firmly believe the constructive points I mentioned, I’m also well aware that approaching in the manner I chose is not acceptable behavior. @deathbal wrote:

I didn’t see that message, or I would have replied.

After blowing off all that steam, I tried to leave a better message for him to find if he should return.

I’m not having a very good day and although I don’t routinely except that as an excuse for rudeness, I do at times. I hope that you will all look over my harshness this time and try to see my post for it’s intent.

Sorry For Being An Ass,

Rommel

Panther30
    Participant

I didn’t see it either.

But last week was a very busy week for me and I was up to my ears in non-scorched related work for seven days. If I had known of his problems I would have answered.

I must go save the world now

adieu

–Panther

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.