This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Gavin for giving me this opportunity to bring my experience at running tournaments to this community. I know I am a noob here, but I hope you don’t hold that against me. I will adapt.

I am planning on using this section of the forum to organize individual tournaments, as well as to build an organization of tournament directors. I don’t know exactly what sort of tournaments have been run in the past, and I don’t care. From what I can see, the status quo regarding S3D tournaments is unacceptable.

I am going to do things my way, and if it doesn’t work, I will tuck my tail between my legs and crawl back into my hole. If it does work, it will be good for the S3D community. If you don’t like the way I do things, don’t play in the tournaments I run.

One thing I cannot stress enough. A tournament director is like a referee. If you don’t like a call the ref makes, tough. If Gavin plays in one of my tournaments and I rule against him, he has to treat me with the same respect he would treat any referee. I will make bad calls, I guarantee it, but no matter how stupid a call may seem to you, it is essential that you accept the judgement of the referee as final. Players that fail to accept that agreement may be banned from any tournament event by that TD at their discretion.

I would like to get to know the community a bit better, so if you are interested in playing in one of my S3D tournaments, post a note stating what days of the week, and times of that day would you prefer to play a tournament in. Make sure to include your time zone. Keep in mind most tournaments last 2-5 hours, or at least that is what I will be shooting for.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

I thought I would give you an idea of what I mean by doing things my own way. Given that the number of players may be small, I will use small tournament formats and expand them as needed.

If 1 player shows up, we will have a nice chat.

If 2 players show up, they will play a series of 1v1 matches.

If 3 players show up, They will play a round robin, where each player plays 1 or more 1v1 matches against each of the other players.

If 4-8 players show up, I will run a double elimination tournament, where each match will be 2/3 1v1 games.

If more than 8 players show up, I will start getting fancy. I can always adapt to more players although once I get more than 32 players, things start to get hairy.

BOY
    Participant

Sound great, been a while since we had a decent tournament. Years in fact 😛

Deathbal
    Participant

Years? The last tourney that actually ended was the MCB tourney! How long ago was that? Who won that BTW? Damn, I can’t remember. 😈

Irishbandit
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Years? The last tourney that actually ended was the MCB tourney! How long ago was that? Who won that BTW? Damn, I can’t remember. 😈

I wonder what that little trophy under your name means?? 😆

Viking62
    Participant

😆 – =D>

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

OoooOOOOoooo, tournaments, Do need a proper tourney, that’d bring me back, just getting others to participate’s the problem.

Good luck Levi, you’re gonna need it!

BTW, db, I think the last tourney winner was the aimbot script writer :p

DiaryOfDreams
    Participant

Levi give us a new tournament =D>

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Levi,

When is the next tournament?

I would like to participate.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis,

NAKED

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@diaryofdreams wrote:

Levi give us a new tournament =D>

/Signed

Someone else try and do it. It’s certainly an experience dude!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘tournaments’ is closed to new topics and replies.