This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I have 3 fuels in my mod and a question about fuel use When is set to true.

Fuel types

The normal movement fuel.
    A second faster fuel
    Then I have blink fuel(you can call it it either: Teleport in a can or Whiplash in a can.

What fuel does it use first?
    The first, second, slowest, fastest? Does the order of the fuel in my inventory matter as I haven’t check to see if they always go in my movment button in the same order. (I don’t know if it the same with fuel as it is with shields where they don’t go into a set order in the shield button ).

If I have all three on hand and is set to 100 will it use all three type of fuel if I only have enough of each to move 100?
    Also if I have a weapon that uses fuel and I have no other fuel the tank won’t beable to move, right?

I’m wondering because I’m deciding on what to do in my mod still the next version, besides tweaking some stuff and adding more eye candy to some levels.

This does give me an idea for fuel use weapons though.

Bobirov
    Participant

It uses the amount of that item you have for fuel. It shouldn’t matter what other types of fuel you have. Say you have 100 of your normal fuel and 100 of your blink fuel for a total of 200 fuel. If you go to use your blink fuel, you’ll only be able to move 100 units worth with it. Then you’d be able to move another 100 units worth with your normal fuel. This is no different than it was before.

Usefuel is simply so you can make things that use the fuel position selection method (takes terrain and shields into consideration) and that move the tank but it does not use the item up like normal fuel does if you set it to false. Instead, it uses up none of the item to move in 40.1d. I have re-enabled the original behaviour of it on my OpScorched server though, that uses exactly 1 of the item per move instead of 0. I used it on explosives to make it so that you ‘fuel’ to a position and set an explosive and fuel back to your starting location without having the distance you can move be limited by the amount of explosives you have. So instead of taking a certain amount of explosives to move that distance (like old fuel), it takes exactly 2 units to lay an explosive (1 item per movement).

jdog
    Participant

Ok, so no matter what fuel I have, when I tell it to use fuel it will eat what ever resources I have even if the fuel is better in movement then the weapon movement.

Then my idea maybe a good one.

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Ok, so no matter what fuel I have, when I tell it to use fuel it will eat what ever resources I have even if the fuel is better in movement then the weapon movement.

If you use WeaponMoveTank within a weapon and set usefuel=true, it will treat the amount of that weapon you currently have as fuel. So if you have 5 of them, you can move 5 units worth, if you have 50, you can move 50 units worth. This is the standard behaviour for fuel, as it always was. It doesn’t use your actual fuels, it uses the amount of that item containing the WeaponMoveTank.

Then my idea maybe a good one.

Sure, that could be usefuel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.