This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Howdy thrax, can i get you to help me on this, as i am still somewhat a noob at coding.

enclosed is a diagram of what i am trying to do, i already managed to send the projectile straight up in the air , the redirecting towards the target is the main issue right now.

at point help1 is where i am stumped, how can i direct weapon towards the target, i tried to use sight position, but it warped teh projectile back to the tank and fired from teh barrel (doh!).

after we iron out help1 (if its even possible that is) how can i auto home the target, i know i can use the weapon aimed over somehow, as i checked the example of homing missiles in merge and missile type II in pink panther mod.

any way to make it aim the way the users facing, after i send it straight up?
    Also is there a way i can make it not track the firer also?

Could you possibly toss a script my way if your not too busy?(of course anyones open to give a wack at it!)

Thanks
    Help Much Appeciated
    KangaBunny

PS heres my test script.

The Tomahawk Legend
    Ancient lore says the tomahawk will rise again to slay the Darkness
    missile.bmp
    shoot/medium.wav
    weapons/tomahawk.txt

0 0

true
    true
    0 0
    weapons/tomahawk.txt 4 7

true
    true
    0 -45

weapons/tomahawk.txt 4 2

down
    exp00
    small.wav

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I have been testing different methods, but to no avail, i cannot get it to aim properly, it still acts in a random way. Can some one please help me out?

Thanks 😀

KB

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Anyone?

A Moogle
    Participant

If you’re simply trying to get the missile to flatten out it’s flight path after being launched straight up, you should be able to just use another weaponredirect node. Barring that, I have no clue.

Thrax
    Participant

Oh. sorry bout that. We’d chatted in-game after this. He should have
    most of the ideas on how. But if he still needs more details, let us know.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

this problem is fgixed, now, i sent the whole wrapped mod to laptop so he could host it, thrax your suggestion got me thinking in the right direction, thanks! 😀 i first just sent it in the direction the tank aims for like .005 of a second, then redirect it up, ty 😀

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

…i sent the whole wrapped mod to laptop so he could host it

hi,

im sorry, i cant. its 30MB compressed.

just to give you an idea, thrax’s merge mod is currently hefty at about 5.5MB.

if it was really something special i could probably do it. your mod is good, but its not polished enough at this stage to warrant the upload times.

5 or 10MB is doable. i dont want to put you off. its a nice effort. maybe if you go through doing some trimming and cleaning.

give me a cut down version that you can host as a test – gauge peoples interest. 10MB max compressed (once zipped). otherwise maybe theres someone else around with a very fast connection willing to host it for you. might be worth asking

ps: try not to include windows thumbs.db files when you send stuff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.