This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

As I’m on a roll for posting, posting and posting some more, I thought I would continue the trend :)…

Given the current discussion regarding ranking and a couple of suggestions have taken into account weapon level, it brought my attention back to the current levels of the various weapons.
    To me, the levels are now completely inaccurate for the actual strength of the weapons.
    For Example, a Deaths head is level 2 which is fair enough, but how can heavy rollers be an 8 when Hot napalm is a level 3 which is the same as a Heavy Hog?

The levels for weapons are as follows.
    Baby Missile – – – – 10
    Laser – – – – – – – – – 10
    Missile – – – – – – – – 9
    Baby Roller – – – – – 8
    Roller – – – – – – – – – 8
    Heavy Roller – – – – 8
    Baby Sandhog – – – 8
    Leap Frog – – – – – – – 7
    Baby Nukes – – – – – 6
    MIRV – – – – – – – – – – 6
    Spread MIRV – – – – 6
    Heavy Laser – – – – – 6
    Sandhog – – – – – – – – 5
    Napalm – – – – – – – – – 5
    Nuke – – – – – – – – – – – 4
    Heavy Sandhog – – – 3
    Hot Napalm – – – – – – 3
    Funky Bomb – – – – – 3
    Deaths Head – – – – – 2

See here for the full list of arms levels
    This also effects the money earn’t for the kill, the lower the level, the less money you get.

Whether a new ranking system is implimented or not and whether it takes account of arms level, I do feel this should be addressed, taking into account any changes that may be made to weapons in the upcoming V42.

My current thinking should see it be more along the lines of:
    Baby Missile – – – – 10
    Laser – – – – – – – – – 10
    Missile – – – – – – – – 9
    Baby Roller – – – – – 9
    Napalm – – – – – – – – 8
    Roller – – – – – – – – – 7
    Baby Nukes – – – – – 7
    Baby Sandhog – – – 6
    Spread MIRV – – – – 6
    Heavy Laser – – – – – 6
    Leap Frog – – – – – – – 5
    Heavy Roller – – – – – 5
    Hot Napalm – – – – – – 5
    Nuke – – – – – – – – – – – 5
    MIRV – – – – – – – – – – 5
    Sandhog – – – – – – – – 4
    Heavy Sandhog – – – 3
    Funky Bomb – – – – – 3
    Deaths Head – – – – – 2

BOY
    Participant

I think they need an update, and that is one reason why I made sniper mod. 🙂

For one thing, I am of the opinion that 10 arms levels are simply too many. arms level 1 awards only 10% of the money. Really there need only be about 6 arms levels at the most. BUT…… there were 10 in the original game. It just isn’t really that important to me considering it is only an economic setting. Weapons and thier effects should stick to the original, arms levels and prices don’t need to.

HWB
    Participant

Way to make it hard to see what you think should be changed. I am good with the nape And baby hog change but everything else….No!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hwb wrote:

Way to make it hard to see what you think should be changed. I am good with the nape change but everything else….No!

You think that heavy Rollers, Rollers and baby Rollers are all the same level, let alone all at level 8?

Come on Badger, look properly 😛

HWB
    Participant

I edited my comment to nape and baby sandhogs.

I am still man about the change with the power of baby rollers so I am good that rollers are the same level. Also will the newer way they roll which makes them harder to kill with. Meaning you need to mostly dig first..so the power of rollers are good in my eyes.

Thrax
    Participant

@hwb wrote:

I edited my comment to nape and baby sandhogs.

I am still man about the change with the power of baby rollers so I am good
    that rollers are the same level. Also will the newer way they roll which makes
    them harder to kill with. Meaning you need to mostly dig first..so the power of
    rollers are good in my eyes.

I’ll poke around the base mod for the Alpha a bit more and get back to you
    on thier function, but there were a few minor reworkings to both rollers and
    napalm.

A mod like the base, with very few weapons, shouldn’t be too hard to
    rebalance. Balance is one of the most touchy things with mods, both
    weap-level and prices. I’ve been correcting a few mods constantly as
    players comment, often making the prices low then letting the market
    choose the appropriate shifts.
    It’s been working well, and the up/down slides create bargains for players
    in new places each day to increase thier desire for variety.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sure, updates as games go on are fine. Game ballance is an ongoing thing.

I think 10 arms levels is fine, we don’t need to have weapons spread over the whole 10 levels, but it gives us the option if we require.

Gonna say the same as for the skill calculation post “let me know when you reach a conclusion and I will put it in”. 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Sure, updates as games go on are fine. Game ballance is an ongoing thing.

I think 10 arms levels is fine, we don’t need to have weapons spread over the whole 10 levels, but it gives us the option if we require.

Gonna say the same as for the skill calculation post “let me know when you reach a conclusion and I will put it in”. 🙂

Nice one, thanx G man

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.