This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Kasdar
    Participant

I was wondering if there is any way to remove the water? I am a fan of the original Scorched Earth, and would just like to play on an all land map.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

you can cosmetically remove water, but its functionality is still there. (napalm will still fizzle).

The only landscapes i know of without water are in mods. Do players wish for something like this?

Armor

Kasdar
    Participant

I know that I and the dozen or so people I play with here would love to have an option to turn off the water.

Plus I am sure that for those who have rather less powerfull systems would also benefit from that option. As water in games generally requires a bit more power due to its nature.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

In the settings menu there is an option to turn off water, see attached picture.

Armor

Kasdar
    Participant

Ah I didnt even notice that, but it would still be nice if when we turned off water it didnt still affect napalm even though it isnt there.

would also love to see potential options for something on the order of a town type landscape where you might need to maneuver abit to be able to fire effectively.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@kasdar wrote:

Ah I didnt even notice that, but it would still be nice if when we turned off water it didnt still affect napalm even though it isnt there.

would also love to see potential options for something on the order of a town type landscape where you might need to maneuver abit to be able to fire effectively.

There are options for that. This is a mod friendly game.
    An ‘urban warfare’ style mod is entirely plausible I expect (I’m not a modder so I can’t say FOR SURE), where building could get in the way of shots, requiring tanks to move around to get a clear firing solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.