This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  doom 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

InductiveOne
    Participant

http://members.toast.net/inductive/inductive_current_mod_110306.rar

Ok, this seems to work with the newest version. I think I ‘fixed’ most of the textures so they dont look totaly horrible now. Some still need tweaking though. Still have to set up a custom game though, the 1 player thing is not working (I will get to it eventualy). This has more custom tanks, a few new
    weapons, lots of changes, a fairly working random dropping item system, and a realy huge TO-DO list.

I had to resume the upload a few times (dialup) so if anyone could varify that the file is ok I would be thankfull..

Everything looks cooler if there is some wind too. Doomer bots still just dont seem angry enough for me. But I get stomped if I try to battle of team of like 4 just about every time. Still have tons of work to do, realy not having much luck making the small (realy small arg) 2d icons for weapons. Pretty much gave up on that for now, I’ll go back to it when I feel the need to be frustrated at individual pixels for entire evenings 🙂

Have fun. The dealbreaker is kinda funny. I’ve found, I think because the damage amount is so high that is a) sometimes causes tanks that are destroyed to commit suicide instead of die, which I think is kinda funny, and b) makes a realy large square crater. I removed the smoke from the end of days because of the rediculous amount of things flying around anyway. I have a feeling it would be a bit too much still in a multiplayer game but I will have to wait and see I guess. Seems to work ok unless like 3 are shot at the same time while I sit here playing bots though.

I like the lser in this now too. Its almost dummy proof to aim and just totaly kills what it hits. The nano cannons are totaly ripped off from shockwave I believe, but I dont have all the old mods anymore. I’m not sure I did it the same way but I cant think of any other way it could have been done (I think it was called the shock cannon before). Either way I give him credit for those weapons (unless it wasn’t acualy his mod I am thinking of).

InductiveOne
    Participant

Sorry! I’m a dummy. I messed up the tank.xml in the last upload I linked to. I was pulling a few unfinished tanks out and missed a at the begining of the last (random) tank. I will just attach a new tank.xml file. If you dl’d the last verion it would not work because of this. Just copy this over the tank.xml in the globalmods/inductive/data directory. Sorry bout that heh. You could also just delete the tank.xml file in that directory so you just use regular tanks.

Also, had to add a .txt on the end of the file name, just rename it to tanks.xml

doom
    Participant

won’t work

SHACK
    Participant

nuthin works for you dose it doom. I wonder why….. maybe you aint using the right version. or you need to lower your detail a bit.

jdog
    Participant

@shack wrote:

nuthin works for you dose it doom. I wonder why…..

Seems fishy to me.

InductiveOne
    Participant

for the record i scrapped this mod as soon as i got it running on the newest version heh. I am in the uh, middle? of another mod codename arcade mod. Of course its nothing like what I meant it to be so its not realy an arcade mod anymore, might be called scramble mod. Its heavily ripped off of bobirov’s work and thrax’s ideas. Everyone is going for a goal object, 2 teams. The object is going to be next to impossible to blow up so you have to drive over it to take the win. So far I only have 2 levels working because I started modeling buildings and uh, thier rubble. That is some slow boring work.

Anyway, other things of note. Big levels with lots of obsticles to stop you from getting the goal. (At least) 3 classes of tanks, long range, mid range, and sock it to me range tanks. Each is similar to the rest but you get diffrent infinite weapons. Weapons are divided into the same 3 distance categories so currently bots with long range type chill on the ends of the level lobbing big bombs at you. There are turrets and stuff blah blah. Its still got awile before its ready, but I promise at least huge explosions. I dont promise this will be done by some time or date though, trying to be motivated though.

So anyway, if anyone wants to steal stuff out of the mod linked here knock yourself out, might be donating the cinderblock cannon to roofmod, but it depends on what cbx thinks. Either way, everything is up for grabs. There are some pretty cool explosion animated textures. I’m also not using any of the tanks so there are what, more then a dozen subpar tanks for you all 🙂 Will let you know when things are uh, far enough along to link a beta. Thanks to anyone who has burned some time checking out my busted first mod btw hehe. And bob and thrax and cbx especialy for answering questions with a smile hehe.

doom
    Participant

sigh. the only mods that won’t work for me are the best of s3d and this one. If they are installed, I can’t even start s3d.

InductiveOne
    Participant

i think the last beta i uploaded had a broken tanks.xml file (i forgot a in the random ) so either fix that or delete the tanks.xml file and it should work. Its all realy unbalanced, if anything I would just harvest weapons you think are neat or something. The tanks arent realy anything special but there may be a few worth grabbing. Maybe just look at them in milkshape or one of the free model browsers kicking around on the net.

doom
    Participant

I will use some of your weapons in my Death mod. but I have to wait until the new version of toy box comes out.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

nice work so far 🙂

let any of us know if you ever need help when you get stuck
    in things like the placements.. or if you need 3D models
    for your projectiles & whathave you..

i’m sure plenty of these guys are ready to jump in & help you. 🙂

Also always remember that bob has dedicated ALOT of time making
    the helpful syntax for accessories posts that in detail explains
    what tags do and what they are for wich has helped us all a great deal
    at some point.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Syntax_For_Accessories
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Syntax_For_Landscapes

cheers

InductiveOne
    Participant

Thanks shockwave, I’ve already been bothering cbx bob and thrax constantly. Everyone seems realy willing to help, without that I’m sure I wouldn’t have gotten as far as I have so far. The wiki has been absolutly KEY in the whole process. Its funny, the only things I’m still fairly confused about are the only things those docs havn’t gotten to yet. (tex files hehe). I dont have quite the mod making disease you guys have yet hehe, still cant understand how you guys keep cranking mods out so fast. Dont stop btw ehehe. Thanks again, and while my stuff isn’t very amazing in general, feel free to swipe anything from my mod(s) if it can help.

jdog
    Participant

What do you not understand about the tex file?

InductiveOne
    Participant

The whole sky section of tex files kind of confuses me.
    What is the diffrence between skytexture and skytexturestatic?
    Is the sky texture the moving one and static the layer
    that doesn’t move? The skytexturemask also, thats where I
    used my b/w mask image of my clouds, does that mask have to
    be just black and white or can it have the greys in between.
    Hmm, I will mess more with that acualy. And the skycolormap,
    in the level I’m getting this from (one I did) I used the
    clearsky.bmp for skytexturestatic and skycolormap. That bmp
    is small and I cant quite tell where it is while your playing
    at all.

Also having some issues getting the level to be the correct
    light level. What values do you put here? I havn’t played alot
    with light levels realy, been busy with other stuff for the
    past week or so (read placements). There is the sunxy and z
    that move the sun placement, this impacts shadows I think, but
    does it change overall light level depending on how high up
    the sun is? Or is the light level realy changed with the
    skyambience and skydiffuse?

I’m still unsure as to how water textures acualy work. I have
    water in this level and it looks cool, but not like what I
    though it would look like. I just made a few
    textures till it looked neat? & 2, is this
    one of those ‘pick one of these textures’ parts or is water
    2 layers? Is there any way to make the water much easier to
    see through, like make it more transparent? Also what other
    border type can be used here?

I have made quite a few levels now and I seem to be able to
    bumble through tex files, but its one of those things I wish
    I acualy understood hehe.

jdog
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

The whole sky section of tex files kind of confuses me.
    What is the diffrence between skytexture and skytexturestatic?
    Is the sky texture the moving one and static the layerthat doesn’t move?

Yes the skytexture moves and the static one doesn’t move.

@inductiveone wrote:

The skytexturemask also, thats where I used my b/w mask image of my clouds, does that mask have tobe just black and white or can it have the greys in between. Hmm, I will mess more with that acualy. And the skycolormap, in the level I’m getting this from (one I did) I used the
    clearsky.bmp for skytexturestatic and skycolormap. That bmp
    is small and I cant quite tell where it is while your playing at all.

I haven’t messed with this to much except to make a whole level pitch black. 😉

@inductiveone wrote:

Also having some issues getting the level to be the correct
    light level. What values do you put here? I havn’t played alot
    with light levels realy, been busy with other stuff for the
    past week or so (read placements). There is the sunxy and z
    that move the sun placement, this impacts shadows I think, but
    does it change overall light level depending on how high up
    the sun is? Or is the light level realy changed with the
    skyambience and skydiffuse?

The sun xy yz setting on effect shadows and position of the sun. The lighting level is effected by the skyambience(how bright it is) and somewhat by the skydiffusecolor.(the color the light is diffused though)

@inductiveone wrote:

I’m still unsure as to how water textures acualy work. I have
    water in this level and it looks cool, but not like what I
    though it would look like. I just made a few
    textures till it looked neat? & 2, is this
    one of those ‘pick one of these textures’ parts or is water
    2 layers? Is there any way to make the water much easier to
    see through, like make it more transparent? Also what other
    border type can be used here?

Haven’t messed with the reflection bitmap. The texture bitmap is like the the bitmaps used on land, it tiles out, repeating itself. I really haven’t seen waves on the water but they are used for the shore lines
    and it uses both.
    No, water can’t not be transparent. There is no transparency for landscape/water textures. Only water can be used for border.

doom
    Participant

sry for the bump but have there been any updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.