This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Miroslav 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

Song – The Game by Disturbed
    Size – 95mb.
    Length 4 minutes and 5 seconds
    Resolution – 800×600
    Game Scorched 3D

http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=569&Key=CYBTLPORGXPKPNEKMWLTMWPWPTNVLNHLBTONFTJPONISAQNT

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have that song. I believe it’s been used for video games before too.

poolee
    Participant

Hi there Dire… this was good, but I like the last one better 😛

Miroslav
    Participant

I like that 1 more than before:)
    Your movies are gettin better and better. U should add more funny
    sytuations , something unusual, than they’ll be really grat.
    f.e. like your long run close to 2 funks:)

DireWolf
    Participant

I was considering trying to capture a top 10 players only game, Funkies look nice, but it would be cool to get some skilled players making skilled shots, only 2 problems, trying to get all the top 10 players at that time to agree to do it, and trying to pin down a time that all of the top ten could meet and play at the same time.
    I could get some really awsome shots if I was just filming and not playing, it is very hard to do both, so if any top 10 members are interested, please let me know, and we can get the bomb rolling!!!

BOY
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

I was considering trying to capture a top 10 players only game, Funkies look nice, but it would be cool to get some skilled players making skilled shots,…….

the question: just who ARE the top 10?
    I would say the top 10 are the 10 most deadly / winningest players. In terms of Quality not Quantity.

The skill rating currently does not accurately reflect kill ratio or win ratio, two of the key stats. It is most closely related to kill per round and kill per death, wich are pretty good indicators however.

These are my pics for top 10 candidates after about 15 minutes of browsing the stats for V38.1

They include but are not limited to:

MOM, Miroslav, Killer-Mu, hippopotamus, Sister Wendy, Boy, Tec, Bebop, Poolee, Blasterman, Guy Parker, rA

DireWolf
    Participant

@boy wrote:

the question: just who ARE the top 10?
    I would say the top 10 are the 10 most deadly / winningest players. In terms of Quality not Quantity.

Uh……….. I dunno, I just wanted to shoot video of some highly skilled players doing what they do best!!!!

Maybe we should find out? What about an elimination tournament, we could kill 2 birds with 1 deaths head, I could film the whole tournament, you could find out who really is the best!!

just an idea.

poolee
    Participant

I LOVE the idea! I guess it would have to be on a non-official server to keep off the rabble?

I would offer my computer to host it but I live in NZ and the latency would be crippling with 10 people on… only 128kb/s upstream 🙁

Cheers
    Poolee

BOY
    Participant

I like it too, there has been alot of talk about a tournament, but no one has set one up.

I suppose I could voluteer my computer, never used it to set up as a server but i think I also have upstream of 128kbs… not sure. I’ll need to check, what would you say is good minimum upstream for 10 people?

poolee
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I like it too, there has been alot of talk about a tournament, but no one has set one up.

I suppose I could voluteer my computer, never used it to set up as a server but i think I also have upstream of 128kbs… not sure. I’ll need to check, what would you say is good minimum upstream for 10 people?

I don’t really know how much data each client needs to receive, but may 128kb/s would be fine if you’re in an area that is central to everyone playing, eg east coast USA? In NZ, I would be fartherest from everyone, so there are far more “hops” for the data to take to get to me and then to get back to the client… could take most people a second or more to send data to the host server on my computer and receive a response. Lag would a major problem I suspect too.

Perhap I could set up a test server and people from various parts of the globe could connect and see what their response times are like, and report back? Server-end, I’m running a 3GHz P4 with HT so there’s plenty of calculation power if required. 🙂 Oh, and I didn’t mention that although I have DSL, it’s a cheap version at 128kb/s download also…

Work won’t pay for a bigger, better, faster pipe 🙁

Cheers
    Poolee

DireWolf
    Participant

I am wondering how many players will want to compete, I dont know much about setting up tournaments and such but I guess we can figure that out as we go, I think we need to create a roster to see how many people we are talking about, and for the tournament we should have 10 games and the winners from each game would be in the final.
    does this sound about right to you guys?

BOY
    Participant

Well, as to bandwidth, I get 750 top dl speed, but my upload stream (which i thought you meant) is probably less than that, its iether 128 or 256. usually the ISP does not give you the same for each, is that normal?

If someone with reliable bandwidth would vounteer to host a server, I will set up the time and send out the invitations. I could send each player an email or private message, with time and information. Perhaps out of 20 top players, 10 can make it. registration for the tourny would be first come first serve. only 10 allowed.

one thing about having 10 pre-finla games is it would be really hard 10 new players for each game. that would require 100 players, it would only work if you were very careful and organized. But we could do it.

For tournament play I would propose a few minor changes to improve fairness a little

POSSIBLE TOURNAMENT RULES

1. always wrap walls (to prevent unreachable situations)

2. no tiny maps (to prevent MASS DH)

3. begin limited buying at round 1 for batteries, fuel and parachutes, and maybe also missles. This would help prevent a bad spawn from ruining the game for a player. we all know that this can make the game. think about how intrest from additional $6K from an easy shot carries through the game.
    6,000x(1.33)^9=78,000 to spend for round 10

4. honor a no truce rule

5. confirm resigning allowed or not (hopefully not)

Ebonite
    Participant

Oh, you’d actually have to win a game? Guess I’m out then… 😥

DireWolf
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

Oh, you’d actually have to win a game? Guess I’m out then… 😥

I hear ya on that one Eb, why do you think I am filming instead of playing… LOL

comedown
    Participant

this sounds like fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.