This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 7 years, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #61280

    Hyde911
    Participant

    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    Thanks for calling my post nonsense naka I really appreciated that. The point I was making is instead of choosing your weapon by looking at the mini map you had to rely on insticnt and buy what you knew how to use vs. what you knew would make an easy kill.

    What are You talking about POM? Buying is key part of strategy. Don’t take it away. Without it this would be guessing not instinct.

    I don’t understand why this game should be speeded up??

    #61281

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    The original game didn’t let you see the positions before buying. It added some tension into the game.

    However as I said it could be changed. But since landscape actions (like meteors) happen while buying now, if you were alive when buying then it’s possible you could die before being able to make your move. Are people ok with this?

    #61282

    Thrax
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    The original game didn’t let you see the positions before buying.
    It added some tension into the game.

    However as I said it could be changed. But since landscape actions (like
    meteors) happen while buying now, if you were alive when buying then it’s
    possible you could die before being able to make your move. Are people ok
    with this?

    Lol.. they don’t believe you. Few, if any, of them have played ScorchWars
    and seen that the Environment actually can harm them.

    It was hard enough even with this placing delay.. There were still a
    few times last week that i was blasted to bits before i could raise a shield
    without auto-defence. I suppose that also means i could relax thier
    attack timing a little as well 😀

    It isn’t “Guessing”, it’s knowing your attackers and readying yourself for what
    you expect they will use. Be Prepared. ( ..Where do i know that from….. )

    #61283

    Hyde911
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    [It isn’t “Guessing”, it’s knowing your attackers and readying yourself for what
    you expect they will use. Be Prepared. ( ..Where do i know that from….. )

    Whatever. My opinion is leave it.

    #61284

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @hyde911 wrote:

    @thrax wrote:

    [It isn’t “Guessing”, it’s knowing your attackers and readying yourself for what
    you expect they will use. Be Prepared. ( ..Where do i know that from….. )

    Whatever. My opinion is leave it.

    Sorry confused. Leave it as it is?

    #61285

    Hyde911
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    @hyde911 wrote:

    @thrax wrote:

    [It isn’t “Guessing”, it’s knowing your attackers and readying yourself for what
    you expect they will use. Be Prepared. ( ..Where do i know that from….. )

    Whatever. My opinion is leave it.

    Sorry confused. Leave it as it is?

    I mean tanks should be visible during shopping.

    #61286

    BOY
    Participant

    @naka wrote:

    @boy wrote:

    I think it will speed up gameplay because people will not be poking around the map to see what they want to do.

    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    I figured the not seeing players on the minimap was to speed things up also and make people be more accurate with what they buy.

    Nonsence.

    Seeing ppl on the terrain (and the mini map too) force ppl buying proper weapons, and therefore make a quick kill. It speed the round a lot. Can U remember games whit 1-2 shots rounds, as it was before. The game was very quick.

    This is the most important part of the game, and the most important subject of the strategy. U said the new scorched will look like RTS? Strategy of what? Or it is a just Real Time Shooting now?

    Nonsense.

    Not knowing your position also forces you to buy wisely and conservatively. There is no avoiding the fact that without having to look around the map, buying will be done faster. Instead of specific stratagies to get specific players, there is instead a general stratagy.

    Your last statement about tells me you have no imagination at all. For players like you we can have a sequential turn server and encourage chart use.

    #61287

    Levi the Oracle
    Participant

    It is my opinion that the shot clock in the beginner mod is a bit to fast, especially for a beginner. Personally I need about 5-10 seconds more.

    I was playing the beginner mod, and died. I was resurrected but died again, this time from the explosion caused by my first death. I think I should not have been resurrected until after all the round’s explosions have finished.

    #61288

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    hi. it’s not my place to post in the news section, but if you dont mind me skimming off a few hits, id like to link to this topic:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&p=59676#p59676
    relating to the new site design

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.