This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Great Job 🙂

Kanga

Poly
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    Congratulations!
    I hope you understand me, because my command of English is not the best.
    Basically my observations are:
    Previously perspective view number 4 is not left in the tank … “Traveling” the missile giving a clear idea about where the shot had fallen.
    Currently (and considering the speed of the game) should be used “marker” if it is small arms fire.
    Believe it or not, like POM, I also used that kind of vision and would like to return.
    In another sense, it is not easy for someone used … as all changes in life.
    The game is much more rapid now … although I’m not sure this is all good.
    Greetings everyone, I hope to find you again in the battlefield soon.
    Astor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ah, I think the issue is caused by the new game mode not the camera.
    The camera is both a gun turret view and a shot view.
    When the player is playing the camera shows behind the gun.
    When the shot is in the air the camera shows behind the shot.

However in this new game mode the player is almost always playing so the camera is mostly behind the gun.

There is already a new camera view that shows explosion positions.
    I guess I could create a new camera view that is always behind the shot.
    Does anyone not use any of the current camera views so I can reuse the keys?

Poly
    Participant

in my case at least, lesser used keys are 1, 7 and 8…
    ty!
    Astor

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I mainly use 4 and 0. That is what I am talking about Gavin the old 4 would follow shot now since you are immediately shooting you jump right back to turret view. A camera that follows the shot could be used in the small camera window and could make the shooter deadly 🙂

Thrax
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Oh.. and i guess a minor note. I’ll have to review your default
    textures again. Even when I set the missiles in other mods to use
    purely Default projectile trails, the flame and smoke appears completely
    different and almost invisible. I wasn’t aware of any change in
    projectile trails untill after I built it the final time for serving.

Hmm, neither was I. I’ll check it out.

scorched3dscorchedsrccommonweaponsWeaponProjectile.cpp
    Line 44 flameTexture_(“particle”), smokeTexture_(“particle”),

textureset.xml

textures/particle.bmp

coming back to you now? 😛

Without Texture “partical” in textureset.xml
    [attachment=1:86y925aw]without.jpg[/attachment:86y925aw]

With Texture “partical” in textureset.xml
    [attachment=0:86y925aw]with.jpg[/attachment:86y925aw]

One tiny change. well.. now i know and can correct it in all mods.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ah yeah, sorry about that Thrax never occured to me.

Thrax
    Participant

Ok folks. just did a barrage of tests with speed and play-mode settings.

Camera 4 isn’t -Broken-. it’s simply doing it’s job too fast for you.
    When you shoot, it is following the bullet. Untill it becomes time to
    Aim again, then it jumps back to your barrel.
    It can be ‘Fixed’ but it would take away your ability to re-aim, reshield,
    and Heal while shots are in-coming. That is your Choice.

The Shot’s flring speed is also scary for some, and can be put back
    to ‘normal’ for those that wish. After some confusion, it seems that
    setting the WeaponSpeed Higher will Slow down the bullets. For a ‘normal’
    game, the setting of WeaponSpeed = 20000 would look familliar.

Nobody should have to Leave the game due to the release of V43. They
    simply have to ask the right questions of the right people.

naka
    Participant

There are tons of bad things and things again gameplay. Dont wanna discuss all here. For me it is complete disappointment.
    And it looks ugly. the chat is overloaded with colors. Players chat icon looks out of its place. Timers looks ugly too. It is not clear what they show.

Last thing i noticed. During the buying time you CANT see your opponents on the map. #-o But what you have to buy depends on your opponents and theirs positions. Does Gavin ever played his game online?

I think it is a good that the engine is real time now . it must be real time. But this doesnt meen that all game modes must be timed based. Has Roundturns been completely eliminated in all games modes?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@naka wrote:

There are tons of bad things and things again gameplay. Dont wanna discuss all here. For me it is complete disappointment.

Well thanks for taking the time to help us improve.

And it looks ugly. the chat is overloaded with colors. Players chat icon looks out of its place. Timers looks ugly too. It is not clear what they show.

Chat is the same as before just grouped into one display.
    There is one time for the round, one for the current move.

Last thing i noticed. During the buying time you CANT see your opponents on the map. #-o But what you have to buy depends on your opponents and theirs positions. Does Gavin ever played his game online?

Yeah I did wonder about this, but its been in the beta since the beginning and no one said anything.

But this doesnt meen that all game modes must be timed based. Has Roundturns been completely eliminated in all games modes?

Yes. It was hard to see how rounds could be implemented in an RTS. However I guess for the orginal modes I could put them back in. Its not much different from a time limit really though.

BOY
    Participant

I agree that I prefer to see the tanks while buying, I thought this was mentioned by someone. On one hand perhaps I didn’t say much, don’t remember… I am curious to see how it changes things. I think it will speed up gameplay because people will not be poking around the map to see what they want to do.

most likely wth the fast game action style, the first move will be for everyone to take up new postions and then scope it all out. 😀

Give it a chance, naka. 😉

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I figured the not seeing players on the minimap was to speed things up also and make people be more accurate with what they buy. I did not like it at first but thought that I would give it a chance and see how it changes things.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

We can always change it or make it an option.

naka
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I think it will speed up gameplay because people will not be poking around the map to see what they want to do.

@pastor of muppets wrote:

I figured the not seeing players on the minimap was to speed things up also and make people be more accurate with what they buy.

Nonsence.

Seeing ppl on the terrain (and the mini map too) force ppl buying proper weapons, and therefore make a quick kill. It speed the round a lot. Can U remember games whit 1-2 shots rounds, as it was before. The game was very quick.

This is the most important part of the game, and the most important subject of the strategy. U said the new scorched will look like RTS? Strategy of what? Or it is a just Real Time Shooting now?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Thanks for calling my post nonsense naka I really appreciated that. The point I was making is instead of choosing your weapon by looking at the mini map you had to rely on insticnt and buy what you knew how to use vs. what you knew would make an easy kill.

Your input as an admin is valuable please continue to make suggestions on how we can improve. You have been a long time player and your opinion is valuable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.