This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dallen 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

dallen
    Participant

I love Scorched3D! I use to play Scorched Earth in early 90’s in college. Just learned about Scorched3D about a year ago with Version 42 and I still consider myself a newbie. I don’t play online, just me against the computer opponents offline on my local PC. I just tried Version 43.1b a few weeks ago and 43.1c this week and I think I’ve discovered a bug that use to work fine in Version 42. I’ve searched these forums but found no answer so I hope someone can help me. In Version 43, playing offline, the game doesn’t seem to count the turns/moves within each round. If there is a stalemate the round never ends. This happens in both the “Normal” game & in the Apocalypse Mod. If I display the score window, it no longer displays what turn/move# it is, just the round# only. I view the Rules and it shows ‘MaxNumberOfRoundTurns=15’ but this seems to be ignored during game play. I have reinstalled V42 and it works but not in V43. I appreciate any help or fix for this.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

You should report this using the bug tracker. Sounds like a legitimate issue to me.

Thrax
    Participant

@dallen wrote:

I love Scorched3D! I use to play Scorched Earth in early 90’s in college. Just
    learned about Scorched3D about a year ago with Version 42 and I still consider
    myself a newbie. I don’t play online, just me against the computer opponents
    offline on my local PC. I just tried Version 43.1b a few weeks ago and 43.1c
    this week and I think I’ve discovered a bug that use to work fine in Version
    42. I’ve searched these forums but found no answer so I hope someone can
    help me. In Version 43, playing offline, the game doesn’t seem to count the
    turns/moves within each round. If there is a stalemate the round never ends.
    This happens in both the “Normal” game & in the Apocalypse Mod. If I display
    the score window, it no longer displays what turn/move# it is, just the round#
    only. I view the Rules and it shows ‘MaxNumberOfRoundTurns=15’ but this
    seems to be ignored during game play. I have reinstalled V42 and it works but
    not in V43. I appreciate any help or fix for this.

This is not a Bug.
    This is how the game is now designed.
    It no longer counts turns and ends when they run out. Instead, it’s made so
    that you either destroy eachother, Skip-all, or Resign. in Online games, any
    added bots are smart enough to shoot back, or failing that, they resign. In a
    local game, you have the option to kill-all.

You can also have the option to set a Count-down timer and have the
    play end after 5-10 minutes or more.
    The game’s environment, and many mod-features are constant through-out
    the round. They no longer pause the Mod’s Effects while it waits for players
    to think.

in Sequential play mode, it still lets all players have thier aiming and shooting
    time, it just no longer counts them by number.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

As thrax says. If you want a limit on the game just set a time limit.

dallen
    Participant

Thanks to all for your quick help! I’ll keep your suggestions in mind when I play.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.