This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Following the release of the 3rd beta here, I’ve now released a 4th with these changes:

Fixed server sometimes hanging when tanks with tank types try to buy.
      Added landscapeerosion tag to WeaponNapalm to allow it erode the landscape.
      Fixed sound dialog not be accessible on some screens
      Fixed buy time not being correct on the progress dialog
      Fixed not being able to use the camera modes when buying
      Fixed WeaponAimedOver targeting dead tanks
      Added admin “change name” function to allow admins to force a player name change (available via command line, web and in-game)
      Fixed a bug where players could be forced to play against no opponents when a spectator joins
      Fixed rounds not ending due to lives being awarded to dead players.
      Fixed admin players being able to kill players in the wrong states
      AI Tanks now join all at once rather than being added slowly one at a time
      Fixed player dialog resetting for each player in single player (offline) mode
      Fixed online player parameters not being remembered correctly
      Fixed players getting stuck when crashing during loading
      Fixed not being able to kick players that do not have a destination (connection)

Download here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorched3D-43.3beta4.exe/download

Many thanks to all the people who helped find these bugs.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Great job Gavin! =D>

I havent had time to test this yet, will get to it!

Armor

Anonymous

Thanks Gavin!

For those who want to try I’ve made Beta4 available as a server, exact same settings I had with Beta3 so things can be tried in the same fashion.

Enjoy 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A status update on the beta progress.

Some of the newer mods are making use of more and more engine features, this has exposed a bug in the engine which causes clients to get out of sync with each other. I’ve been tracking this issue down for a while but looks like I’m getting close to a resolution.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

A status update on the beta progress.

Some of the newer mods are making use of more and more engine features, this has exposed a bug in the engine which causes clients to get out of sync with each other. I’ve been tracking this issue down for a while but looks like I’m getting close to a resolution.

Good luck and thanks for the update.

< < > >

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

…I’ve been tracking this issue down for a while but looks like I’m getting close to a resolution.

i cant match your c++ skills, but i dabble in a bit of code here or there. do share if youve hit a hurdle. i saw cbx lurking on the developer forum – i heard he’s practically a maths genius, and many of us has googles and stackoverflows. a problem shared etc.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks laptops. Found and fixed the sync bugs now. Now im checking for memory leaks etc for the final (hopefully) build.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Another update.

Spent a lot of time over the holidays testing and tweaking. I should have fixed all of the syncing bugs and a reduced the memory footprint by a load. I’ve also added the AWE mod as one of the mods that ships with S3D. Many thanks to Armor for that 🙂

I’m expecting to release a new drop in the next couple of days.

Thrax
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Another update.

Spent a lot of time over the holidays testing and tweaking. I should have fixed all of the syncing bugs and a reduced the memory footprint by a load. I’ve also added the AWE mod as one of the mods that ships with S3D. Many thanks to Armor for that 🙂

I’m expecting to release a new drop in the next couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing that whole whollop of updates in svn, then. I wasn’t sure how
    far Armor went before locking it down for shipping. Once i have it all collected to test out, it’ll
    help sort what needs to be re-vamped in the other external mods.

I did see you made a large sweep of the landscape images in your own. Not sure if the svn
    is showing me the whole picture tho.. The landscape texture xml’s point to images
    in /default , /vulcano, etc.. but my svn is still showing those folders as empty, even after
    several forced updates. Has something yet to be submitted?

-Edit : week later –
    Ahh.. much better. now all the map tex’s re-appeared. musta been revamping the images.
    will rebuild mow and look again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.